Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2008   #1
Fitz
Rookie

Default Just curious

Hey guys

I'm a Titans fan but I'm not here to troll. Just curious how Texan fans see the season playing out. How do you think the AFC South will pan out???

My prediction

1 Titans
2 Jags
3 Colts
4 Texans

Sorry for the last place ranking, but I don't think you guys are there yet. Congrats on Slaton, he looks to be the real deal.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Hey guys

I'm a Titans fan but I'm not here to troll. Just curious how Texan fans see the season playing out. How do you think the AFC South will pan out???

My prediction

1 Titans
2 Jags
3 Colts
4 Texans

Sorry for the last place ranking, but I don't think you guys are there yet. Congrats on Slaton, he looks to be the real deal.
I think the Colts will rebound

titans
colts
jags
Texans
Old 09-25-2008   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I also think the Colts will get close to the top once they heal up a bit.

Titans
Colts
Jags

Daylight

Texans

Titans will drop of course to second if VY returns to start.
Old 09-25-2008   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I do see the Titans winning it, but I think the rest is likely a crap-shoot.

The Texans will have good looking part to this season at some point, but they could still finish in last....again.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome. Our division is hard to predict right now.

I'll go

Colts
Titans
Texans/Jags
Jag/Texans

It could really go so many different ways and it is to early to tell.

The Colts just lost Sanders and that is huge. I think Manning will get going at some point though and maybe they'll start winning games offensively again. The Titans offense just doesn't have the play makers to continue winning games with Kerry Collins. Their D is really good, but they won't be able to carry them every week.

The Jags have so many guys hurt right now it's crazy. They have no WR's at all, and their D will not be that great in quite a few games I suspect. Really hard to say though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #6
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are at 3-0 right now.

Sep 28 MIN @ TEN L
Oct 05 TEN @ BAL L
Bye
Oct 19 TEN @ KC W
Oct 27 IND @ TEN W
Nov 02 GB @ TEN L
Nov 09 TEN @ CHI W
Nov 16 TEN @ JAC L
Nov 23 NYJ @ TEN W
Nov 27 TEN @ DET W
Dec 07 CLE @ TEN W
Dec 14 TEN @ HOU L
Dec 21 PIT @ TEN L
Dec 28 TEN @ IND L

Not sure if 9-7 is enough to win AFC South, but who knows.

I have a feeling the AFC South will get a lot closer as the season progresses on.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans
Who cares?
Who cares?
Who cares?

Got to love blind homerism, go Texans!!!
Old 09-25-2008   #8
Fitz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

Sep 28 MIN @ TEN W
Oct 05 TEN @ BAL W
Bye
Oct 19 TEN @ KC W
Oct 27 IND @ TEN W
Nov 02 GB @ TEN W
Nov 09 TEN @ CHI W
Nov 16 TEN @ JAC W
Nov 23 NYJ @ TEN W
Nov 27 TEN @ DET W
Dec 07 CLE @ TEN W
Dec 14 TEN @ HOU W
Dec 21 PIT @ TEN W
Dec 28 TEN @ IND W

16-0 is enough to win AFC South
Fixed that for you.

Ok, maybe we wont go 16-0, but I really don't think 12-4 is out of reach.

Indy will get better once they heal up a bit but even so they're not the team they were last year. Manning is still Manning, but with his O-line playing the way that they have I don't see the Colts winning 10 games this year. Indys defense is nothing special, Freeny has looked average at best thus far and loosing Bob Sanders just makes it that much worse. They finished 20th overall in rushing D last year, this year I'm betting it will be bottom 5.

Jax has regressed a bit too. That D-line is a lot softer without Marcus Stroud in the middle, and while I'm sure their duo of rookie DE will give us all problems in the future I don't see them having a big impact this year. Jax may have the worst O-line in the league, due to loosing 3 starters for the year. Jax has already placed 8 players on the IR and lost starting OT Richard Collier to a gunshot wound.

Houston...... You guys have stumbled out of the gate but your two losses did come at the hands of two playoff teams. I laughed my *** off when I saw that you signed Chris "The glass man" Brown, sorry but I was happy he was off our hands. Overall I think the Texans have made some progress this year. Steve Slaton looks like he could be the answer at RB, If your O-line can manage to give Schaub time in the pocket your offense could be pretty potent. Your D needs a little work, Demeco and Mario can't do it all. The big problem I saw was tackling, Arm tackles don't cut it.
Old 09-26-2008   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

it will go a little something like this

1 Texans
2 Titans
3 Colts
4 Jags
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

1-colts
2-titans
3-jags
4-texans
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts
Titans
Race between Jags and Texans.

I hope, at least, the Texans will start playing much better football in the coming weeks and come a lot closer to resembling the team that finished last year strong.

Manning and co will get back on track as the season progresses. Losing Sanders is a BIG deal but...they have won the division without him before.

Titan's D is killer and a solid running game even without the loss of their #3 RB Vince Young. However gotta wonder about If Collins will implode the offense of manage to do enough in the passing game to keep opposing defenses from stacking the box.

If I didn't despise Jax I would be inclined to feel sorry for their unfortunate rash of injuries. Hopefully the injury hex that seems to hit our division is put on them this year instead of us.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #12
Titans
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

Sep 28 MIN @ TEN L
Oct 05 TEN @ BAL L
Bye
Oct 19 TEN @ KC W
Oct 27 IND @ TEN W
Nov 02 GB @ TEN L
Nov 09 TEN @ CHI W
Nov 16 TEN @ JAC L
Nov 23 NYJ @ TEN W
Nov 27 TEN @ DET W
Dec 07 CLE @ TEN W
Dec 14 TEN @ HOU L
Dec 21 PIT @ TEN L
Dec 28 TEN @ IND L

Not sure if 9-7 is enough to win AFC South, but who knows.

I have a feeling the AFC South will get a lot closer as the season progresses on.
dont watch to many games i assume ..... I can see the min loss... but i think TN beat Baltimore,Jacksonville, and Houston .... but hey im a fan so who knows
Titans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1.Texans
2.Jags
3.Colts
4.Titans
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey guys

My prediction

1 Titans
2 Jags
3 Colts
4 Texans

I think if your guys dont go for the throat a little more, Indy will knock you off. Fisher lets people hang around too much, and that can backfire with good offenses, like Indy, Pitt, ect... We shouldnt have been in that game, and if Kubes kicks the 4+ fieldgoals we are tied with a chance to win late. Coasting isnt a very good stradegy.
Old 09-26-2008   #15
Fitz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I think if your guys dont go for the throat a little more, Indy will knock you off. Fisher lets people hang around too much, and that can backfire with good offenses, like Indy, Pitt, ect... We shouldnt have been in that game, and if Kubes kicks the 4+ fieldgoals we are tied with a chance to win late. Coasting isnt a very good stradegy.
Agreed, anytime we have a two score lead in the second half we start coasting. I'm not a fan of what New England did last year, just driving up the score after the game was obviously won. But Fisher does play a bit to conservatively in that respect. Seems like he's more worried about our offense giving up a turnover than opposing offenses scoring on our D.
Old 09-26-2008   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey guys

My prediction

1 Titans
2 Jags
3 Colts
4 Texans

Before the season:
1. Jags
2. Colts
3. Texans
4. Titans

Current thought:
1. Titans

2/3. Jags, Colts

4. Texans
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Typical Titan poster. The meatballs win three games against crappy teams and they think they're gonna win the division!! Bud Adams mentality!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #18
Fitz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Typical Titan poster. The meatballs win three games against crappy teams and they think they're gonna win the division!! Bud Adams mentality!
Ok..... I do think we will win the division, but not because we're 3-0. Its because of the way our team is playing and the way the rest of the divisions team have been playing.

And I don't think the teams we beat are as crappy as you seem to think.
We beat the Jags.. who beat the Colts..
We beat the Bengals... who took the champs to overtime last week
We beat the Texans... if you wanna call your own team crappy ok, I don't think so, but whatever
Old 09-26-2008   #19
Titans
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
maybe its just the fan in me... but i honestly thought that the jags and texans were WAY overrated and the titans WAY underrated... talking to everyone preseason it was

1.Colts/Jags
3.Texans

4. Titans
Titans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #20
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANS
TEETONS
KITTY'S
DOLTS

Any less and I would be in Possum Holler

I will not give up on this team regardless if we loose every game

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read