Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2008   #81
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubes is the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
if your happy with the product on the field, that is your prerogative. sometimes you have to **** or get off the pot. that is where I am at with Kubiak. if he can't turn it around this year, he deserves to be fired. period.

this isn't a popularity contest or charity function. this is NFL football and if you don't win and your team isn't competitive, you lose your job. kubiak's teams have not been winning and they have looked utterly pathetic. if you want another couple years of this garbage, fine. just don't expect me to sit by and make excuses for this pathetic product.
I smell a third coming
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #82
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
heck if things get worse, there is always goldie
We could use Finch next to Okam to stop the run.
Old 09-26-2008   #83
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
heck if things get worse, there is always goldie
I'll see your Goldie Hawn and raise you a Coach Klein and 'Momma' Boucher:

Old 09-26-2008   #84
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if your happy with the product on the field, that is your prerogative. sometimes you have to **** or get off the pot. that is where I am at with Kubiak. if he can't turn it around this year, he deserves to be fired. period.

this isn't a popularity contest or charity function. this is NFL football and if you don't win and your team isn't competitive, you lose your job. kubiak's teams have not been winning and they have looked utterly pathetic. if you want another couple years of this garbage, fine. just don't expect me to sit by and make excuses for this pathetic product.
So should I go play intramurals or something?
Old 09-26-2008   #85
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
So should I go play intramurals or something?
*ahem* Coach Gundy's rant was about his Quarterback and "I'm a man... I'm 40 years old........."

Dan Hawkins was the coach talking about "go play intramurals brother, go play intramurals"
Old 09-26-2008   #86
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
*ahem* Coach Gundy's rant was about his Quarterback and "I'm a man... I'm 40 years old........."

Dan Hawkins was the coach talking about "go play intramurals brother, go play intramurals"
Egad - how embarrassing.
Old 09-26-2008   #87
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Egad - how embarrassing.
Rome had a field day with those two. It was quite humerous to say the least.

Phenomenal!!
Old 09-26-2008   #88
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How many wins do you consider turning it around?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #89
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Rome had a field day with those two. It was quite humerous to say the least.

Phenomenal!!
When they play those clips, it still cracks me up....

OUT!
Old 09-26-2008   #90
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
How many wins do you consider turning it around?
for me its not a question of the number of wins, its about the team showing a pulse at this point.

if i was to put a number of wins needed to be considered 'turning it around', I would go with 7 under the circumstances. That is playing .500 ball the rest of the year with 8 of the 14 being played at home. I don't think that is asking for much but once again, its not about the wins for me. its about seeing the team play with some emotion and intensity. if Kubiak can't enlicit that out of the talent assembled, we need to find someone who has already proven that he can build a winner and instill a true fighting spirit into a team....something Kubiak has failed to prove he can do.
Old 09-26-2008   #91
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
When they play those clips, it still cracks me up....

OUT!
dont listen to as much Rome as I did in the old days, but enough to have heard the Leach stuff. Epic.

I am still trying to find some audio clip of his 'Corvette Guy' takes without having to pay a subscription. I have found his 'Softball Guy' takes but not 'Corvette Guy'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMfqbR8Ujlk
CLICK HERE FOR SOFTBALL GUY (SAFE FOR WORK)
Old 09-26-2008   #92
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
This is a really ignorant statement.

Mike Sherman
Alex Gibbs
and Ray Rhodes would like to disagree with you
You think Sherman was brought in, by Kubiak, to be a "go to" guy? Sherman was serving his obligatory 1-year-away-from-being-a-head-coach sentence that you have to serve if you want to be a HC again. it was a retirement home facility for the guy: Walking through the halls, sipping coffee, attend some meetings...you know, soaking up that Reliant Stadium feel-good complex that McNair uses to draw people in, cuz it's indicative of our winning history and tradition here. Side note: It'd be nice to play in a dump, have rats everywhere, and win playoff games all the time.

Gibbs might be a good example of someone being more gifted than Kubiak, but then again...his main emphasis is the running scheme.

Rhodes? I used to think that he was brought in to wait for the firing of Richard Smith, to get a handle on the defensive unit before taking it over. Now, with the reports that he was told to NOT be a DC again (due to health) then I can see him staying in his current role.

But come on guys, be serious: Do ANY of those three examples that Polo threw out...do anyone of them strike you as a seriously potential candidate to be Texans HC if Kubiak got fired? What "edge" to they offer that would make Kubiak look over his shoulder? None.

That's what I am saying. Kubiak, to me, isn't going to bring in a seriously-gifted coach who might also be able to be a HC. The great coaches don't have that sort of ego. They know that they win if their assistants are winning, and they know that they are going to lose those guys to bigger better jobs afterward. Theyhire guys who have aspirations of being HCs...because assistants with that mindset are going to produce in their role as assistant (to get the bump up).

Kubiak, in my view, has brought in sub-par people--This is a trademark for how he views running backs AND coaches (You don't need high-level people at either spot). Whether that's McNair being tight with the wallet, or due to Kubiak's fear of not being the superstar with no threats to the throne...I don't know. I just know that the hiring of Richard Smith as DC was curious when it was made, and it's even moreso now that we've had vanilla every Sunday.

If Kubiak would swallow his pride on some things, he might save his job.
Old 09-26-2008   #93
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Kubiak, in my view, has brought in sub-par people--
Sorry Polo, the guys you mention are "sub-par"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
This is a really ignorant statement.

Mike Sherman
Alex Gibbs
and Ray Rhodes would like to disagree with you
Other respected coaches on this staff would also include Frank Bush and Joe Marciano.
Old 09-26-2008   #94
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Other respected coaches on this staff would also include Frank Bush and Joe Marciano.
And John Hoke who has received plenty of job offers during his time with the Texans.
Old 09-26-2008   #95
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
And John Hoke who has received plenty of job offers during his time with the Texans.
Marciano would be THE only real guy.

I posted on here, when Capers lost his job, that I wouldn't mind seeing Marciano as a HC candidate for us. People laughed me off it, saying he wasn't really a good coach; he was a rah-rah guy and good for ST but not for HC. Maybe so.

But I would definitely support a man who has HIS particular squad playing lights-out ball. He has the same talent pool that the offense and defense has access to. And he has them playing well almost every game.

Kubiak, in many ways, also did that sort of thing when he was in Denver. I'm just a fan of in-house coaches before you look elsewhere. I thought Joe would make a good HC here.
Old 09-26-2008   #96
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, why would Cowher ever come here?? LOL @ you thinking it would that easy. You make it sound like he'd be on a plane heading towards Houston as soon as McNair snaps his fingers. It has been said if (big if) he were to come back it'd be to Carolina (I think).
As much as I would love to have Cowher here, You're probably right that it would most likely be a long shot for the Texans to land him. I'm not quite sure why so many fans in here think Cowher would jump at the chance to coach here. The funny thing is, if you go to any other team's message board just about every team's fans that don't have a good team right now are screaming for Cowher as well.

Cowher will be able to go pretty much wherever he wants to go. I do think that the Texans would have a good shot though. If you were a coach, who wouldn't want to work for Mcnair in a situation like this? Most likely, I think he would go to a place where he's getting paid TOP DOLLARS and a team that is really close to winning or already is and needs that right coach to get them over the hump instead of just the playoffs.

I heard something about Carolina as well. Do you or anyone else know why that is the most likely spot that he would like to coach when he comes back? IS that where he is from or something?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #97
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
As much as I would love to have Cowher here, You're probably right that it would most likely be a long shot for the Texans to land him. I'm not quite sure why so many fans in here think Cowher would jump at the chance to coach here. The funny thing is, if you go to any other team's message board just about every team's fans that don't have a good team right now are screaming for Cowher as well.

Cowher will be able to go pretty much wherever he wants to go. I do think that the Texans would have a good shot though. If you were a coach, who wouldn't want to work for Mcnair in a situation like this? Most likely, I think he would go to a place where he's getting paid TOP DOLLARS and a team that is really close to winning or already is and needs that right coach to get them over the hump instead of just the playoffs.

I heard something about Carolina as well. Do you or anyone else know why that is the most likely spot that he would like to coach when he comes back? IS that where he is from or something?
Old 09-26-2008   #98
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Your the same person who called for Kubiak to be fired after the second or third game last season and the team improved. You also said after week one this season that you would still take VY over Mario, so please excuse some of us who think you do not know football from a hole in the ground. You like Cowher, and he is a fine coach been to two Super Bowls and one won. Although it is not like he took over a team that sucked. 9 - 7, 9- 7, 7 - 9 in the three years prior to him taking over. What were the Texans prior to Kubiak taking over. Going from Noll to Cowher is a hell of a lot different than going from Capers to Kubiak. Hall of Fame coach vs 2x loser.

Many around here regard Fisher as a good to very good coach and he has only been to one super bowl and lost. in his first full season he was 7-9 and then went 8-8 for 3 years in a row, by your standards he would have been fired in his second season. Sense you like to say stats do not mean anything. Rich Kotite of the Eagles went 10-6, 11-5, 8-8, and 7-9 and was fired. Of course he went to the Jets and stunk, but I am not sure if that was on him more so than the GM drafting poorly before he got there and so the team was going to stink.

Back to the Eagles .... Kotite did well the fire couple of years did that make him a good coach? From what I remember he lost the locker room and had issues with management.

This is what needs to be looked at with Kubiak. How are the players responding to him are they still trying, are they still playing hard. Of course we do have to lok at his loyalty to some of the coordinators, mainly Richard Smith. If he is just keeping Smith out of loyalty then they both need to go and this is where Rick needs to step in and look at it and figure that out. The team did improve over the course of last year, what has changed from the end of last year because there was evidence of improvement in the Denver game and the Jags game, the Colts game not so much since the team got crushed.
Old 09-26-2008   #99
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
LOL! Right

Was Cowher the key of the Steelers success, or was it Dick LeBeau? Just something to ponder.
Old 09-26-2008   #100
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
LOL! Right

Was Cowher the key of the Steelers success, or was it Dick LeBeau? Just something to ponder.
Or the one constant... The Rooney family

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read