Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2008   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Schaub exorcism

You show me Schaub's double, same face, same voice, everything. And I'd know it wasn't Schaub. I'd know in my gut. Now, I want you to tell me that you know for a fact that there's nothing wrong with our Quarterback, except in his mind. YOU TELL ME FOR A FACT YOU KNOW AN EXORCISIM WOULDN'T DO ANY GOOD. YOU TELL ME THAT.

Link
Old 09-24-2008   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub exorcism

he needs to change jesery numbers the #8 i never liked that number
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #3
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
he needs to change jesery numbers the #8 i never liked that number
Seriously. There needs to be a petition or something. The number 8 needs ta go.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Of all the numbers he could have chosen.....Why, why, why?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #5
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

What we need is a good old Native American smudging ceremony! Nothing like a little smoke from burning sage to drive out the bad spirits or influences and to keep them from coming back in. Easier than an exorcism and more reliable.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw some scary tendencies the last two games...the happy feet...the locking onto his receiver...the run away from constant pressure...the sack that should have been a throw away pass...the deer in the headlights look...the hit, slow get up, dazed stumble...

The infinite debate regarding what ruined HWSNBN - bad offensive line vs. raw potential - is now looking a bit swayed towards the line. When a QB cannot trust his coverage, he becomes Crazy 8!!
Old 09-25-2008   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I saw some scary tendencies the last two games...the happy feet...the locking onto his receiver...the run away from constant pressure...the sack that should have been a throw away pass...the deer in the headlights look...the hit, slow get up, dazed stumble...

The infinite debate regarding what ruined HWSNBN - bad offensive line vs. raw potential - is now looking a bit swayed towards the line. When a QB cannot trust his coverage, he becomes Crazy 8!!
Step away from the negativity. Stop and take a look at your avatar.... We need happy thoughts here.
Old 09-25-2008   #8
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
What we need is a good old Native American smudging ceremony! Nothing like a little smoke from burning sage to drive out the bad spirits or influences and to keep them from coming back in. Easier than an exorcism and more reliable.
Why? He's the best QB on the roster. You think sacrificing him will make Shaub better?

Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Step away from the negativity. Stop and take a look at your avatar.... We need happy thoughts here.
I have a hard time finding my happy place when I see a picture of HWSNBN.

But you're right. *sips battle red koolaide* Our offensive line is going to nut up and protect our QB, and make some holes so Slaton can rack up some serious yardarge. AJ and Walter catch the TD passes this time and we stomp the Jags out of sheer determination and grit, thus exorcising the no. 8 demon spirit from the offense.
Old 09-25-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I have a hard time finding my happy place when I see a picture of HWSNBN.

But you're right. *sips battle red koolaide* Our offensive line is going to nut up and protect our QB, and make some holes so Slaton can rack up some serious yardarge. AJ and Walter catch the TD passes this time and we stomp the Jags out of sheer determination and grit, thus exorcising the no. 8 demon spirit from the offense.
There you go, my man!!!!
Old 09-25-2008   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

he needs to stay in the pocket

i always thought he was more calm there when he runz out of the pocket thats when we usually get shorter yards
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Look, LT is happy and still has his visor.

They should just have a burning of that jersey in the stadium parking lot. I do find it funny that last year the complaint was that he stood in the pocket too long and took too many hits. Head on a swivel now.
Old 09-25-2008   #13
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all for Schaub ditching the #8. He wore #7 at Virginia (many of my UVA buddies still wear Schaub 7 jerseys to games). Dogfighter had #7 in Atlanta, so Schaub just took the next-highest available number. Once Chad Stanley was--mericfully--cut, he should have taken his old number back.

Heck, it's not like #7 is currently in use at his alma mater, either: the UVA QB who was wearing Schaub's old number just got booted off the team for underage drinking and is now transferring to Oregon State. Wihtout going in to the gory details, 2008 has been an incredibly lousy year for all things UVA (I'll stop before I get started), and I fear Schaub's poor play this year is part of all this bad mojo.

So I'm definitely in for the exorcism!
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

"Leave Schaub alone!!!!"

Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt seems like a pretty cool dude, he's really been smacked around in only two games & has yet to assume the fetal position ala Carr so maybe there is hope. I'm most dissapointed with OL guru Alex Gibbs, both in blocking for Matt & developing a more effective run game. He needs to come out & address these issue instead of hiding in Kubiaks shadow. if you watch Denver for example they spread out spacing way more so there are bigger lanes at least it appears more space. I really like it when they use misdirection & roll Cutler out which I've seen Matt do on occassion but not nearly enough. the whole offense is predicated on movement & spacing I don't understand little Shaneys playcalling, Matt is forcing the ball trying to make something happen or reacting to bad situations/execution

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #16
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

Ole Miss Texan-

Classic my man, classic!
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #17
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone get the Reverand J Fizzle on the phone and get him to do a Holy Ghost Explosion for Schaub! Always seemed to work for the Astros.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well apparently Kyle Vanden Bosch will go to the chalk board tonight and give his veiw of why Matt sucks and the Texans will loose Sunday. NFL network 8 pm eastern/7 central. Playbook AFC

got a link here but they seem to busy to update it.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/showsc...tType=playbook
Old 09-25-2008   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Me being the residential Catholic on this board will pray a novena and light a candle.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #20
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Me being the residential Catholic on this board will pray a novena and light a candle.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read