Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-24-2008   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tampa Kicker Bryants Baby Dies

This stuff makes me sad. I posted it because everyone needs some prayers and I couldn't imagine what they are going through. Prayers to his family!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3607238

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. -- The infant son of Tampa Bay Buccaneers kicker Matt Bryant died Wednesday morning, coach Jon Gruden said.

Matthew Tryson Bryant apparently died in his sleep, Gruden said. The coach said he did not know any further details. Gruden said the child was about 6 months old.

"We're shocked and very saddened by this," Gruden said.

Gruden said he was unsure if Bryant will play in Sunday's game against Green Bay, and that the situation would be addressed later in the week.

"The entire Buccaneer family is deeply saddened by this tragedy. The Bryants have been an inspiration to our entire community through their commitment to their family and their exhaustive efforts working with children and those in need in the Bay area," Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Matt and Melissa during this difficult time.''
Old 09-24-2008   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tampa Kicker Bryants Baby Dies

Man, that's so sad. I can't even begin to imagine what he's going through, and I really don't want to even try. Many thoughts and prayers with his family during this difficult time.
Old 09-24-2008   #3
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife and I have been through that. All I'll say about it is that some prayers for their family are very, very definitely in order.
Old 09-24-2008   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

So sad.... Prayers to him and his family....
Old 09-24-2008   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if it was SIDS, something I always worried about as a parent to a newborn. Sad, my prayers go out to him and his family.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone who has ever lost a child knows there is NO deeper grief!! My heart aches for him and his family, and I will definitely send up some prayers.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I wonder if it was SIDS, something I always worried about as a parent to a newborn. Sad, my prayers go out to him and his family.
Very well could have been. It also could have been sleep apnea which can also occur.

Without an apnea monitor there really isn't any way to tell a difference, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Anyone who has ever lost a child knows there is NO deeper grief!!
Amen. It is an emotional pain so intense that it turns physical.

God be with them.....
Old 09-24-2008   #8
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Very well could have been. It also could have been sleep apnea which can also occur.

Without an apnea monitor there really isn't any way to tell a difference, though.

Amen. It is an emotional pain so intense that it turns physical.

God be with them.....
I'm sorry that you went through this drewmar. I can imagine the pain that you and your wife went through.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #9
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I'm sorry that you went through this drewmar. I can imagine the pain that you and your wife went through.
True enough, it was the hardest thing we ever went through.

But, it made us closer to each other, closer to God, and we certainly appreciate our two subsequent blessings that much more (Ben, 5, and Grace, 8 weeks on Friday).

I'm sure the Bryants will make it but those prayers surely do need to go up.
Old 09-24-2008   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

terrible.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
True enough, it was the hardest thing we ever went through.

But, it made us closer to each other, closer to God, and we certainly appreciate our two subsequent blessings that much more (Ben, 5, and Grace, 8 weeks on Friday).

I'm sure the Bryants will make it but those prayers surely do need to go up.
Drew, I couldn't imagine with my daughter. I'm sorry to hear you had to go through this. May blessings be with you from here on out and I'll send some extra prayers up for ya!
Old 09-25-2008   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Bryant is from Bridge City, Texas which almost got blown off the map by Ike. I wonder if his family was still living there?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Ends up the child was 3 months, not 6 as reported. They also issued a statement that makes me want to cry for them

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3607238

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. -- The 3-month-old son of Tampa Bay Buccaneers kicker Matt Bryant died Wednesday morning, coach Jon Gruden said.

"Melissa and I are overcome with the amount of support we have received from the community during this difficult time," it read. "We would like to thank our Buccaneers family and the [owner] Glazers for their support and outpouring of love. "Tryson enriched our lives for the short time that he was with us and we will never forget his smile. We know Tryson's death has deeply touched the community and we appreciate the love and prayers from our Buccaneers fans."
Old 09-25-2008   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a father. I don't have any friends that have lost children. But I can't imagine, just can't imagine what kind of Hell that must be. I just hope their friends, family, and even the city of Tampa can help them get through this. My thoughts go to them.
Old 09-28-2008   #15
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'm not a father. I don't have any friends that have lost children. But I can't imagine, just can't imagine what kind of Hell that must be. I just hope their friends, family, and even the city of Tampa can help them get through this. My thoughts go to them.
Before I had kids, I would think, "That's horrible." Now that I have kids, it's almost unbearable to even think about something like this. I'd need lots of therapy if I were to outlast one of my kids. It was heart wrenching to see his press conference after the game.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

How very sad. Commendable of him to play yesterday.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

thought and prayers to the Bryant family. life is very fragile and stories like this only reinforce that fact.
Old 10-01-2008   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 161683 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.6.html
Old 10-01-2008   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Before I had kids, I would think, "That's horrible." Now that I have kids, it's almost unbearable to even think about something like this. I'd need lots of therapy if I were to outlast one of my kids. It was heart wrenching to see his press conference after the game.
Ditto
Old 10-01-2008   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
I can tell you it's a pain that never goes away. My son would be 37 on Nov 5th if he had lived. Rarely a day goes by that I don't think about what kind of man he would be now. TONS of therapy kept me from being suicidal, but, it was my faith in GOD that pulled me through each and every day. Yes, there were times when I doubted that God existed. I couldn't understand the WHYS of such grief, and every emotion known to man is multiplied by about 10 thousand. When I hear stories like this one, my heart just aches so bad for them, because I know the pain will last a lifetime. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers for a very long time!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read