Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Drop Shockey

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
This is my 12 man league. My team looks like this as of this morning due to the Shockey injury..I'm 3-0

QB: Tony Romo, Kurt Warner
RB: Gore, W. Parker, Mendenhall, Tim Hightower
WR: S. Smith, Cotchery, DeSean Jackson, Anthony Gonzales
TE: Shockey, Fasano, J. Stevens
K: Kaeding
DEF: Titans

Picked up Fasano(Bye) dropped DeAngelo Williams
Picked up Jeremy Stevens dropped Deion Branch.

Here is my dilemma. There are some FAs out there I'd like to nab and stash. I definitely will not keep 3 TEs..2 max, 1 minimum but Fasano, who I want is on bye so I needed Stevens.

One guy just dropped Laurence Maroney...wouldn't pick him up There is also Pierre Thomas out there who is a TD machine these days but wopuld only be used for byes They would help me, with Hightower, fill in some byes with Gore and the Steeler twins.

At WR there is both Deion Branch, whom I dropped and Bobby Engram. Both will be back in week 5 and can give me more depth at a depth heavy position..trade bait maybe too.

I'm 3-0 so always at the bottom of waivers so I like premaking moves in the waiver free zone.

Would you drop Shockey to make one of these moves since he is out 3-6 thinking Fasano or Stevens could fill in for 6 weeks and do well for the playoffs if that happens?

Yes drop Shockey, TE's are so hit and miss anyways, plus you can always take a flier on someone like Bo Scaife or Donald Lee. If Shockey comes back and is healthy it will still take a while to get in sync with the offense. As far as Maroney, I have him on one of my teams, there is no reason not to think they will not start relying on him alot more once healthy, especially with a back up QB. I think it is a few weeks off, but I think he is going to have a very good run later on, I am not ready to cut bait just yet.

Yes drop Shockey, TE's are so hit and miss anyways, plus you can always take a flier on someone like Bo Scaife or Donald Lee. If Shockey comes back and is healthy it will still take a while to get in sync with the offense. As far as Maroney, I have him on one of my teams, there is no reason not to think they will not start relying on him alot more once healthy, especially with a back up QB. I think it is a few weeks off, but I think he is going to have a very good run later on, I am not ready to cut bait just yet.

Thanks HT. I'm with you. TEs are so hit and miss and I hate taking up roster space. Shockey had a goose egg in week 2 and hasn't even been in double digits yet. Plus he is injured alot. I may just drop him.

Back