Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2008   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade for Vince!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
No kidding! I get to work this morning, get my coffee brewed, line everything up for the day on my desk and then log on to TT only to find this as the top thread??

For the love of Pete, man! Are you johnsonfan's brother?
No i iznt... lolz
Old 09-24-2008   #22
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good lawd.

As funny as this thread is,if the Titans were to offer him up,some team would want him. Football is nuts.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #23
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Good lawd.

As funny as this thread is,if the Titans were to offer him up,some team would want him. Football is nuts.
Yeah, the Arena League would be all over him.
Old 09-24-2008   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good lawd.

Maybe........... the Toronto Argonauts or Edmonton Eskimos... Maybe the Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings since Quincy Carter moved onto the Kansas City Brigade..
Old 09-24-2008   #25
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I got some belly button lint that I will give them for VY.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #26
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Maybe........... the Toronto Argonauts or Edmonton Eskimos... Maybe the Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings since Quincy Carter moved onto the Kansas City Brigade..
Hey, VY would be perfect in Chicago, they are famous for there sausage.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I got some belly button lint that I will give them for VY.

Nah, that's still too much. It shouuldn't take more than a single dingle-berry to lock him up.
Old 09-24-2008   #28
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

27 posts in and nobody has mentioned

BAN HIM

j/k Wes, ya know I love you, but REALLY!?!
Old 09-24-2008   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I see this thread about 'his sausageness' spiraling out of control in 5..... 4...... 3......

Can 'spiral' and 'VY' be used in the same sentence???
Old 09-24-2008   #30
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

To answer this question seriously, I would first see where his head is at. I think playing in Houston for Houston is probably the only thing that would keep his head in the game. We all know he so desperately wanted to play for us, and is probably THE only reason he declared early. With that said, it's still pretty risky, b/c Smith/Kubiak are trying to go after sound football players and VY may just be off the reservation.

If I thought he would give everything he had for the Texans, I would trade a 2nd day pick for him, most likely a 5th - 7th. The reasoning is, he is such an athlete, a playmaker, and bottom line is he would help win some games.

Upon the trade, his contract would instantly have to be restructured into a much much more friendly situation for us. The 2nd part, is that he would not be the QB for our team and he would know this and have to be okay with it before the trade.

I would use VY in special situations, where he'd probably only see the field < 10 times a game. I'd occasionaly line him up at QB to run the ball, hand the ball off, occasional throw to Daniels or a short pass to Walter or a jump ball to AJ.

I would use a flyer in a late 2nd day pick on him, because the upside is there. But I don't think the Titans will be trading him for anything like that and will be on their team through the end of his contract. I don't think his career is over either though. I'll go ahead and add the above thoughts on a trade for VY is why I'm typing and not coaching. (Madden would be more fun, though)
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
I see this thread about 'his sausageness' spiraling out of control in 5..... 4...... 3......

VY sent a huge turd into a spiral down the toilet the morning after the largest sausage party known to man.
Old 09-24-2008   #32
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
VY sent a huge turd into a spiral down the toilet the morning after the largest sausage party known to man.
After "the largest sausage party known to man", I would think he would have had a hard time using the restroom this morning......
Old 09-24-2008   #34
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
After "the largest sausage party known to man", I would think he would have had a hard time using the restroom this morning......
Nah, he's used to it. That is also why the turd was huge (diameter)

BTW, childresstitan, that's not what I needed to see this morning
Old 09-24-2008   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trade for Vince!!
We could use another TE to backup OD.
Old 09-24-2008   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
What if the titans were looking to shop him annd vince wanted to come home.....

No, no, no, no, no, no. No.
Old 09-24-2008   #37
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We could use another TE to backup OD.
True, maybe he could help with the pass rush? Heck, the way we drop our DE's into coverage it might just work out.
Old 09-24-2008   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True, maybe he could help with the pass rush? Heck, the way we drop our DE's into coverage it might just work out.
I'm really looking forward to more mix-it-up packages where we send Winston deep on a fly route. You know, to keep the other team guessing and all that crap...errrrr...jazzzzzzzz.

You know, if VY was the holder on FGs, we could always have the threat of converting those 4th downs!
Run, Vince, run!
Old 09-24-2008   #39
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm really looking forward to more mix-it-up packages where we send Winston deep on a fly route. You know, to keep the other team guessing and all that crap...errrrr...jazzzzzzzz.

You know, if VY was the holder on FGs, we could always have the threat of converting those 4th downs!
Run, Vince, run!
LMAO! That'd be awesome!
Old 09-24-2008   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

Banned!!!

Quote:
Nah, he's used to it. That is also why the turd was huge (diameter)

BTW, childresstitan, that's not what I needed to see this morning
Screen door issues???

If Jacoby Jones doesn't get his act together, 'his sausageness' would make a fine punt returner...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read