Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2008   #1
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade for Vince!!

What if the titans were looking to shop him annd vince wanted to come home, what would you trade for him if anything? Maybe playing in Houston will be good for him....

I wouldnt trade too much but i might give it a shot.

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #2
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade for Vince!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
What if the titans were looking to shop him annd vince wanted to come home, what would you trade for him if anything? Maybe playing in Houston will be good for him....

i don't see them spending that much on him to just give him up for nothing and I don't see houston giving anything to get him either.
Old 09-24-2008   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This is for real, or this is for funny hah-hah?

I mean, things are getting so blurry for me right now...I can't tell anymore if people are serious or not.

I think the only thing worse than Ike and Matt Schaub (which includes the price we paid for him) would be the thought that we had chosen VY rather than Mario Williams.

Because VY was going to have this colossal breakdown no matter what team he was on, and it could have been on OUR team and not the Titans.

So...I consider it a minor blessing by the football gods that we excluded VY from serious consideration in the first place.

VY is done, man. His life is infinitely better, more at peace, with him NOT playing the role of NFL QB. Isn't it? I would think so. No need in completely pushing him off the ledge by making him join the Texans.

In fact, the counseling session probably went like this:

Counselor: "Vince, what do you want to do? I mean, what is it that you really want to do right now? What would bring you peace?"

VY: "Well, I as thinking about that this morning. And, I see that the Texans have a potential place for a guy like me, and so I was thinking I'd go home and energize Reliant."

Counselor: (Places hand on VY's leg, and a look of concern on the face) "Vince, I don't think that's such a good idea."

VY: "Oh. OK. How about Detroit or St. Louis?"

Counselor: "NOW you're onto something! Whew, I thought I had lost you there for a second...you really had me going, Vince! (chuckle) The Texans (chuckle) That was a funny one!"
Old 09-24-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Why in the world would Bud Adams draft Vince Young (against the advice of all his football people) just to stick it to Houston - then turn right around and trade him to us?

Bud Adams will never trade or deal with the Texans, unless he can fleece us, and as down as everyone is on Smith and Kubiak - they're too smart for that.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post

This is a joke right ?!?.....please for the love of god, tell me that this is a damn Joke !?!?!?!

Vince sucks ass...infact he's already answered Shaq's question, because he's already been there.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd offer them a 14th rounder ..... we all know that the draft ends after 7

Dont forget to read the fine print

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #7
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Why in the world would Bud Adams draft Vince Young (against the advice of all his football people) just to stick it to Houston - then turn right around and trade him to us?

Bud Adams will never trade or deal with the Texans, unless he can fleece us, and as down as everyone is on Smith and Kubiak - they're too smart for that.
Dare I mention Ahman Green and Chris Brown? They have been fleeced by these two already.
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2008   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

wait until he is a free agent or just out & out released, remember to give the people what they want, in my case its plenty of cold beer

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #9
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Why in the world would Bud Adams draft Vince Young (against the advice of all his football people) just to stick it to Houston - then turn right around and trade him to us? ........
So he could stick it to us again!!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

He will be traded to Minnesota and be a VYking.
Old 09-24-2008   #11
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lock this thread down now before it's to late
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #12
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we not already have enough do nothing players?
Old 09-24-2008   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyday in this place brings something new.

LMAO

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You sorta answered your own question ..........................

To stick it to Houston with vy a second time around.
Old 09-24-2008   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I read this thread about 20 minutes ago and my sides are hurting from laughing so hard....
Old 09-24-2008   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Lord NO!

If I did anything this offseason...and this is contingent on how the Schaub/Sage thing ends...is keep only 1, groom a youngster and go with it. Look at the Sage ground swell. What if VY was on the bench. A black hole would start and suck in the board.
Old 09-24-2008   #17
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post

Schaub/Sage thing ends...
Well, "Schaub/Sage" DOES sound like sausage, so we have that going for us.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing like waking up to a dumber and dumber thread! Didn't make me laugh at all, just made me nauseated. Think I'll go back to bed and start over after the nausea goes away!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Nothing like waking up to a dumber and dumber thread! Didn't make me laugh at all, just made me nauseated. Think I'll go back to bed and start over after the nausea goes away!!
C'mon Gma!!! That's some funny shite.... Don't let it nauseate you, get a good laugh.
Old 09-24-2008   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
No kidding! I get to work this morning, get my coffee brewed, line everything up for the day on my desk and then log on to TT only to find this as the top thread??

For the love of Pete, man! Are you johnsonfan's brother?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read