Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2008   #41
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pitts' comments

I dont think Chester was saying that people arent allowed to express their opinion.. I think he was saying that people who dont know football shouldnt be trying to pressure the team into doing something that the people in charge have a better understanding of.

In other words... bitching on the messageboard is ok.. writing letters, petitioning, calling into radio shows in an attempt to sway the masses to your point of view in order to put pressure on the team to do what you want them to do.. etc..etc.. that isnt right.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #42
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I dont think Chester was saying that people arent allowed to express their opinion.. I think he was saying that people who dont know football shouldnt be trying to pressure the team into doing something that the people in charge have a better understanding of.

In other words... bitching on the messageboard is ok.. writing letters, petitioning, calling into radio shows in an attempt to sway the masses to your point of view in order to put pressure on the team to do what you want them to do.. etc..etc.. that isnt right.
Well said.
Old 09-23-2008   #43
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
By the way, neg repping someone for a comment you didn't even understand to start with is pretty petty and childish.
You got your rep. points back... and than some.
Old 09-23-2008   #44
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

“There’s no controversy, and Matt’s going to be fine,” Pitts said. “The biggest thing I do is look at the mirror and see what I can do to help Matt.

The people doing all the clamoring tend to not know football as well as the people that are making (that) decision. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”

Who are these guys playing/coaching for the Texans who actually know what they are doing. Pitts needs to watch a replay of the first two games and point out to us just who the guys are who are doing their jobs. Texan fans really want to know.

Schaub...throwing interceptions?

AJ dropping passes?

Kubiak sleeping at the wheel when it comes to challenging a horrendous call?

Coaches in the pressbox?...eating nachos I suppose. Obviously they're not paying attention to what's happening on the field.

Schaub has a lot to prove. Was he worth the two's. So far, the answer is a resounding no. He looks eerily similiar to our previous #8, and that guy was tarred and feathered and run out of town.

Some Texans fans are warming up the tar. Chickens everywhere are hiding in fear..

Old 09-23-2008   #45
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You got your rep. points back... and than some.
You're the man TB. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2008   #46
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not going to try and interpret Chester Pitt's intent of his comments.

I am going to express my opinion where it really matters. Not on a message board, or on radio, press, etc. I am going to express it by not attending the game. I am going to sit at home and watch TV, per Mr. Pitts advice. I might even check in and see what the Texans score is. Perhaps.

When the Texans are playing to a crowd of crickets, then they might appreciate some of their fans PASSION for the game, usually presented in a CLAMORING manner.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #47
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its just the beginning of the season, it hasn't got ugly yet but there is some potential for it to happen

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2008   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post

It's curious, because it's kinda' weird what he was implying. He said "let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”

How are we preventing them from doing their jobs? Nobody is doing anything but talking in the fanbase. There are no blockades, pickets, or riots ensuing which prevents the "guys who know what they’re doing" from "doing do their jobs." Nobody has even brought up a boycott.

It's a just weird thing to say in a way, and it is speculation on our part as to what the intention behind his statement was at the end of the day. But, really, WTF is he talking about if it's not the disgruntled fans being disgusted with that crap on the field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
I am going to express it by not attending the game.
Straight up. There is potential for this fanbase to say what they mean with their feet. Perhaps those overpriced PSL's aren't all that in the face of a continually bad product. Heck, we even have one of our most diehard fanatics talking about walking.

Chester needs to man up and understand that what he is hearing from the fanbase is born of PASSION.
Old 09-23-2008   #49
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Quote:
“There’s no controversy, and Matt’s going to be fine,” Pitts said. “The biggest thing I do is look at the mirror and see what I can do to help Matt.

The people doing all the clamoring tend to not know football as well as the people that are making (that) decision. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”
Holy Crap reason on the boards and by a football player....wow. what a concept
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #50
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's curious, because it's kinda' weird what he was implying. He said "let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”

How are we preventing them from doing their jobs? Nobody is doing anything but talking in the fanbase. There are no blockades, pickets, or riots ensuing which prevents the "guys who know what they’re doing" from "doing do their jobs." Nobody has even brought up a boycott.

It's a just weird thing to say in a way, and it is speculation on our part as to what the intention behind his statement was at the end of the day. But, really, WTF is he talking about if it's not the disgruntled fans being disgusted with that crap on the field?

Straight up. There is potential for this fanbase to say what they mean with their feet. Perhaps those overpriced PSL's aren't all that in the face of a continually bad product. Heck, we even have one of our most diehard fanatics talking about walking.

Chester needs to man up and understand that what he is hearing from the fanbase is born of PASSION.
On second thought I was wondering if Pitts told that to David Carr right after he let another lineman sack him. Or is he now saying that to Matt?
Hey Chester... stop running from the cops and make a freaking block on the inside blitz...thank you!!! (All Houston Texans Qbs past and present)
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #51
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I just have two questions. What are those fans at home doing that is stopping the guys that know what they are doing from doing their jobs? Talk about projecting blame.

Chester has always been about Chester and no one else. He should look to himself to see what he can do to solve some of the problems on this team. I'm sure it would be too much to ask that he be a team leader, but wouldn't it be better for the team if the senior offensive lineman at least led the o-line instead of being a prima donna?
Old 09-23-2008   #52
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49149 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
And a whole slew of fans praised the move.
I don’t know what your definition of a “slew” (and I clearly was not a member of the “slew”) is, but even if a “slew” praised the decision, it still was a bad decision.

Hey Chester, go win some football games, then maybe you can run your mouth about the fans.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #53
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

When can we expect the YouTube video from Pitts, "Leave Matt Alone!"?
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #54
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
What are you talking about? You are doing the same thing you did last season. You really need to stop breathing so hard and typing so much and just read. Nothing in my response is personal. I just said i know your M.O. because you are here non-stop when Schaub doesn't play well and you disappear if Sage doesn't play well. You were on the Sage bandwagon all last year.

I've never said Schaub was the answer. I've never said he was to be kept in no matter what. In fact I just said he sucked. I realized his limitations last year.

What I did last year was spell out to you, while you foamed at the mouth, that Sage was doing no better stat wise than Schaub was and that was with a healthy AJ. I pointed out that Sage had to make the miracle Titan comeback you kept bringing up because Sage put us in the hole. I pointed at stats from Game 1 until the end of the season and laid it out for you. You disappeared and hid in a shell when Sage didn't do well. You have been the stubborn one not realizing the situation.

Overall me thinking we might have two backups is nothing for you to get riled up about or to keep ramming down people's throats. I have a feeling we will see Sage this season and be at the same place. He might even start next year as we get a rookie ready to play. I'm all for who gives us the best chance. Last year I thought it was a healthy Schaub with a healthy AJ. This year I think he is terrible so far. I have no allegiance to him.

By the way, neg repping someone for a comment you didn't even understand to start with is pretty petty and childish. If you can't talk football without the dissent showing you where your arguments may be wrong, then you don't belong here.
I'm sorry, Frog. I just can't take you seriously anymore now that I read your admission of being a Cowboys fan.

That sealed it for me. How can a Texans fan be a Cowboys fan, too?

LOL.

Houston Frog = Dallas Cowboy.

Why in the wide world of sports are you even admitting this on here? And why choose to disclose it now? What's the motivation, Froggie?

You are a lawyer. Enough said. Continue your cross examination, Mr. Big Shot Cowboys Fan.

And "Yeah" I neg repped you because I knew it'd get your blood boiling. You are the guy who takes himself too seriously. You're the type of guy who can't laugh at himself because you're to cool for school. I neg repped you because your new name should be Back Pedal. "I, uh, am not, uh, happy with the, uh, way Schaub is playing right now..." Continue, Obama, to spin your way out of this.

You supported Schaub. Period. Between Sage and Schaub, you think Schaub is better. But pull your Bill Clinton Triangulation all you want, pal. Sage was 4-1 as a starter, and he looks better than the human sandwich does. I'd take Sage over Schaub any day. I bet 90% of the people here would, too.

START SAGE!!!

(LOL!!!)
Old 09-24-2008   #55
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I watched the video, and these guys are clearly frustrated. Andre Johnson said they are trying to win. Chester Pitts told the fans to leave them alone. It's frustration. What's frustration? It's not knowing what to do or not knowing what to do differently. So, I might be ignorant and sitting at home, but you guys obviously don't know what you're doing. Your fans are your clients, and you don't insult your clients. Why not insult the other professional football players who are no doubt making fun of your inability to be competitive at a high level as a professional. Oh, right, they know more than you. So, you're right. Leave it to the people who know what they're doing. Do what the winners are doing. I'm just a know nothing ***** couch potato, but I'm guessing the winners watch more tape and care more about winning and wouldn't cry about it and wouldn't blame the fans. Hey, this is a rude, angry ranting post, but I really love this team and the players. I just want to see you do well, so point all of that energy from your frustration toward something that will help you win and don't point it at me.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #56
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

OK...I haven't said anything since pre-season because I wanted to see if things changed. I said in pre-season that Matt looked like he was trying to hide a rotator cuff injury. His throws are eratic. Even the ones he does complete, most of them aren't very good passes. I've had a rotator cuff injury, so I'm a bit familiar with it. I seriously think he should be checked out. It may not be his rotator cuff, but I'd be willing to bet that he is having some kind of shoulder problems.
Old 09-24-2008   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_Pedal View Post
Overall me thinking we might have two backups is nothing for you to get riled up about or to keep ramming down people's throats. I have a feeling we will see Sage this season and be at the same place. He might even start next year as we get a rookie ready to play. I'm all for who gives us the best chance. Last year I thought it was a healthy Schaub with a healthy AJ. This year I think he is terrible so far. I have no allegiance to him.
I am calling major B.S. on this, Frog.

You threw your allegiance to Schaub in a BIG way. I can only find posts from you going back to July of this year, so I can't quote you exactly...but you are lying when you say that you didn't have allegiance to him. I said Sage would be a better QB than Schaub, and you heckled me to no end for it.

Heres a run down of what I have said:

1. Matt Schaub is not "it" and is not the long-term starter of this team (about week 4 or 5 of last season). I haven't budged on that issue ONE BIT. Never. I have never been so sure of anything in my life like I am sure of that statement, both then AND now.

2. It is patently ABSURD that Matt Schaub does not have to face a competition for starting QB. He is not a Pro Bowler, he's a no-name. And another no-name is 4-1 for this team last season as a starter.

3. Just as people whined about "When are we ever going to get an OL in the first round," I predicted this summer that Texans fans on this board are going to be clamoring for a first round QB or at least a really high-rated QB. Frog, you're already seeing the writing on the wall because you say in your post that Sage is likely going to be grooming said drafted QB next year. Well, where is Schaub in that picture? You must have him getting cut in the offseason I guess. All of your arguments with me on this issue have been about how foolish it is for me to even begin to think that Sage is better than Schaub.

You threw out your allegiance to Schaub, and you blasted me for my assertion that Sage is better than Schaub. There's no spinning this one, Frog.

P.S. It is kinda' sweet how you track me down and flame me...but yet you don't reply to all the other "Start Sage" posters. Makes me feel special.

Last edited by GP; 09-24-2008 at 12:58 AM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #58
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'm sorry, Frog. I just can't take you seriously anymore now that I read your admission of being a Cowboys fan.

That sealed it for me. How can a Texans fan be a Cowboys fan, too?

LOL.

Houston Frog = Dallas Cowboy.

Why in the wide world of sports are you even admitting this on here? And why choose to disclose it now? What's the motivation, Froggie?

You are a lawyer. Enough said. Continue your cross examination, Mr. Big Shot Cowboys Fan.

And "Yeah" I neg repped you because I knew it'd get your blood boiling. You are the guy who takes himself too seriously. You're the type of guy who can't laugh at himself because you're to cool for school. I neg repped you because your new name should be Back Pedal. "I, uh, am not, uh, happy with the, uh, way Schaub is playing right now..." Continue, Obama, to spin your way out of this.

You supported Schaub. Period. Between Sage and Schaub, you think Schaub is better. But pull your Bill Clinton Triangulation all you want, pal. Sage was 4-1 as a starter, and he looks better than the human sandwich does. I'd take Sage over Schaub any day. I bet 90% of the people here would, too.

START SAGE!!!

(LOL!!!)
You need serious help. Shall we bring up last seasons threads where you made up facts, ignored stats and wrote me PMs yelling me down saying that you never said something when it was later pointed out you did?Inferiority complex anyone.

If you can answer this simple question without being the immature 32 going 18 with no football knowledge that you are then you will see how futile you are....show me one post or thread this year or offseason or season where I brought up Schaub and how he is "the man." You can't. I even said he sucked. Every statistical argument I made last year was more against the over the top "Sage Love" than for Schaub. In fact I like Sage and didn't mind him as the starter last year if we didn't get Schaub. I just pointed out to the blind lovers that Schaub did well until injuries and no AJ. Look it up. Aren't you a guy who did this exact same thing for Carr?Nuff said.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 09-24-2008 at 08:06 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have stats that show Sage is better, specifically as a starter. It's called "4-1."
It only took him until his sixth year in the league to get that first win as a starter...
Old 09-24-2008   #60
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
I have stats that show Sage is better, specifically as a starter. It's called "4-1."

You throw in the AJ factor as if it's some Golden Trump Card.

Acting like I am mentally challenged for asking Sage to AT LEAST get a chance to win the starting job is something you have done to me. You're always ripping into me, but you don't do this to the other posters........................................... ..
My first post to you this season mentioned your "MO" and this is character assassination?There was nothing personal. I never threatened you with legal talk either. I only told you that your stalking was becoming creepy and mentioning me in threads I didn't participate in was kind of scary. You're really losing it and riled up because I think both guys might be career backups. Please just avoid me from now on and I'll go along with enjoying everyone else not screaming in people's faces.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read