Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2008   #21
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pitts' comments

Sorry Chester but you wrong.

A lot of fans do more than just watch TV. At least here in Houston. And for the most part we are a pretty smart fan base.

We know what crap looks like, we had a pretty good model from years prior. So when we see, smell, or taste crap, well we know what it is.

5 INT's through 2 games and 1 TD in garbage time. I don't think even Carr was that bad.

But if Chester insists we can talk about his lack of run blocking and his ineffectiveness to reach the second level and open holes. We can always do that.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #22
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
It's not so much that I think we fans know more than the coaches, my concern is we know the same.
I seriously doubt that.

Everyone is entitled to their concerns and opinions though.
Old 09-23-2008   #23
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I seriously doubt that.
You seriously doubt what?

Old 09-23-2008   #24
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
I seriously doubt that.

Never mind.

Old 09-23-2008   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I seriously doubt that.

Polo, you do know Chester is talking about you, too, yeah?
Old 09-23-2008   #26
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 26 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Chester can say what he wants publicly all he wants. But when Carr was here they all said the "right things" too in public, but privately felt very differently. I am thinking this will end up being a similiar situation if poor QB play continues.
Old 09-23-2008   #27
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Those last two ints. that Schaub threw was in late in the game when he was trying to make some plays and a comeback. We were in desperation mode.

Really he should of had 2 tds and 1 ints.

Not to mention the line is doing a horrible job of blocking(he might not get sack alot, but he's still suffering from hits), and his receivers are dropping some of those good passes he does throw. Don't see how he can get in his groove or get any rhythm going.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2008   #28
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Polo, you do know Chester is talking about you, too, yeah?
Quote:
“The people doing all the clamoring tend to not know football as well as the people that are making (that) decision. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”
Yeah..

And I'm not offended...

He said us fans tend to not know football as well as the people actually involved in the process.

He wasn't lying..not sure how anyone can dispute that...

After the second pre-season game the general consensus on the board was "Matt is our QB...I now see that"

I doubt the coaching staff gets as high with the highs and as low with the lows. Fans are such emotional creatures.

Last edited by Polo; 09-23-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-23-2008   #29
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

What I agree with him on is that we aren't there for film sessions, practices, post-practice, weight room, etc. We don't know if alot of the problems are due to up front, Schaub himself, blown routes, bad execution as a whole, etc. We just clamor for the back-ups..well many do. So in that sense we don't know jack. I know alot about football and what I see but I don't know what they see day in and day out so I give him that.
Old 09-23-2008   #30
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
“There’s no controversy, and Matt’s going to be fine,” Pitts said. “The biggest thing I do is look at the mirror and see what I can do to help Matt.

“The people doing all the clamoring tend to not know football as well as the people that are making (that) decision. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”
Yeah, but the funny thing is, those same people extended DC's contract when it was obvious he couldn't play anymore.

While I hate to quote Deon Sanders but "follow the money". This is all about ego and money right now. Kubes doesn't want to say he was wrong again about a QB.

Basically Kubes has two options:
1. bite the bullet and utilize the QB that makes quicker decisions and stays upright more, or
2. leave Schuab in the line-up against Jacksonville and let their defense pound him into the dirt like Tennessee’s defense did and we can put him on the IR for the rest of the season.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #31
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Yeah, but the funny thing is, those same people extended DC's contract when it was obvious he couldn't play anymore.
And a whole slew of fans praised the move.
Old 09-23-2008   #32
da Bull
Rookie

If Pitts didn't help stink the place up 3/15-3rd down and 1/6 in the red zone maybe he wouldn't be quite so defensive. Besides, if it weren't for us non-professional football types paying his salary he would be back sacking groceries at "Ralph's".

So when Chester looks in the mirror what does he say, "Mirror, mirror on the wall who do I block when Matt's got the ball?"

Seriously though, I hope the whole line finds some attitude and becomes a bit more tender about their play. Maybe even try a cut-block or two on the Haynesworth types.
da Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
What I agree with him on is that we aren't there for film sessions, practices, post-practice, weight room, etc. We don't know if alot of the problems are due to up front, Schaub himself, blown routes, bad execution as a whole, etc. We just clamor for the back-ups..well many do. So in that sense we don't know jack. I know alot about football and what I see but I don't know what they see day in and day out so I give him that.
I think the biggest problem is that NFL pros are getting bogged down in post-game study, trying to dissect every little thing to death. Trying to pin-point all the little mistakes and then trying to cprrect all 135 of them.

At some point, a little simplicity is needed.

Here's simplicity: Matt Schaub is not getting it done, and he HASN'T been getting done since week 3 or 4 of last season.

Talk about the oline, the RBs, the WRs, and all that jazz. But at the end of the day, a QB is the guy who can trump those problems if he's good enough. Special QBs are just that: Special. In today's NFL, it's getting harder to find a special QB who can grab the team and force it to win.

Matt Schaub is incapable of overcoming lots of different wrinkles that are happening to our team, just as David Carr reached that ceiling and couldn't get through.

So I'd like to see Kubiak just drop the film dissection, stop the "evaluating," and just bring the guys together and say "What we did in training camp has GOT to be done on the field. Today. Or I'm bringing back some guys I cut when I made room for YOU on the roster."

I mean, through all the bad stuff...Steve Slaton is making a way for himself.

Heck, Jacques Reeves is showing that he WANTS to play for this team. He made a split-second move on the ball, and grabbed an interception that he had to adjust and break toward--yeah, it was a small break, but nonetheless he TRIED. And he's a guy who's been ragged on everywhere he's been. He isn't dogging it out there. He isn't accepting a fate that he can't control. I bet he's just tired of being ragged; tired of losing on a personal level. His play, out of all our defensive guys, has been solid thus far.

The point is this: Pitts' is trying to throw flares and distract the missiles coming towards him and the QB. AJ is angry; he's a zombie out there, and I think that's directed toward the QB and a little toward the oline. I think his "I look in the mirror and think 'What can I do for Matt'..." comments MIGHT be directed at AJ a little bit. Because it sure seems to me that AJ is dogging it a little bit out there, trying to make a statement on something.

Look, this team is on the edge. The Jags game is the turning point one way or the other, I think.
Old 09-23-2008   #34
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, Chester, I really don't care what you have to say. We'll keep watching on TV the continuous tradition of losing.

Please stop talking to us, get your fat butt on the field and fix that OL.

Hey, here's an idea......why don't you go out there, do your job and win?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #35
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll give Chester the fact that I don't know as much about football as those who are paid. But - I do know a missed tackle and a missed block when I see one. Goodness knows we are all experts on QB sacks and bad throws. I know a pass rush and a run defense when I see it although I probably know more about not seeing it.

It only follows that if I'm watching the Texans play and I see interceptions, missed blocks, missed tackles, no pass or run defense with said defense running up and down the field at will - I am watching a team that needs some help/changes/something.

So, Chester Cutie, I will stop complaining when you guys start playing some kind of football that this fan can recognize as NFL caliber.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
I'll give Chester the fact that I don't know as much about football as those who are paid. But - I do know a missed tackle and a missed block when I see one. Goodness knows we are all experts on QB sacks and bad throws. I know a pass rush and a run defense when I see it although I probably know more about not seeing it.

It only follows that if I'm watching the Texans play and I see interceptions, missed blocks, missed tackles, no pass or run defense with said defense running up and down the field at will - I am watching a team that needs some help/changes/something.

So, Chester Cutie, I will stop complaining when you guys start playing some kind of football that this fan can recognize as NFL caliber.
I think Chester might have goofed when he railed on the fans.

Not seeing too many "Gee whiz, Chester! You're right: We are so stupid!" replies.

Here's my public service announcement for Texans fans:

"Texans fans don't let Texans fans watch bad Texans football without using the 'fast forward x 2' feature on the DVR remote."

This ad has been paid for by Texans Fans For Decent Football, and we approve this message.
Old 09-23-2008   #37
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 666 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don’t want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV need to let the guys who know what they’re doing do their jobs.”
I don't want to be rude or anything, but the guys at home watching TV NEED to let the guys know who (apparently)don't know what they're doing, because they ARE NOT doing their job.

I don't have to be a professional hunter to know a SKUNK stinks.

I also don't have to be a professional NFL football personnel to know that the Texans stink.

here's a hint, Mr. Pitts. DO your job and win the game or be competitive on the field. THEN the guys watching TV won't have to do theirs, which is to CLAMOR for some fixes.
Old 09-23-2008   #38
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think the biggest problem is that NFL pros are getting bogged down in post-game study, trying to dissect every little thing to death. Trying to pin-point all the little mistakes and then trying to cprrect all 135 of them.

At some point, a little simplicity is needed.

Here's simplicity: Matt Schaub is not getting it done, and he HASN'T been getting done since week 3 or 4 of last season.

Talk about the oline, the RBs, the WRs, and all that jazz. But at the end of the day, a QB is the guy who can trump those problems if he's good enough. Special QBs are just that: Special. In today's NFL, it's getting harder to find a special QB who can grab the team and force it to win.

Matt Schaub is incapable of overcoming lots of different wrinkles that are happening to our team, just as David Carr reached that ceiling and couldn't get through.

Blah, blah, blah............................................
I quit not long into it. I know your M.O. Bringing Sage in, IMHO, might switch things up if Schaub continues to play bad but Sage isn't the answer either. In fact Sage's play last year didn't inspire confidence either so overall my theory is that if Schaub fails we are stuck with two backups again and need to get another to groom. As for your post..I don't see Schaub dogging it. I see him sucking right now.
Old 09-23-2008   #39
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I quit not long into it. I know your M.O. Bringing Sage in, IMHO, might switch things up if Schaub continues to play bad but Sage isn't the answer either. In fact Sage's play last year didn't inspire confidence either so overall my theory is that if Schaub fails we are stuck with two backups again and need to get another to groom. As for your post..I don't see Schaub dogging it. I see him sucking right now.
I didn't say Schaub is DOGGING it. AJ is, and he's tired of seeing No. 8 eat turf all the time.

I am not going to be a model on the front cover of GQ. And Matt Schaub is not going to translate into the QB that you guys think he will. Wishing it, hoping for it, and ragging the backup who has a 4-1 mark as a starter last season isn't cutting it anymore, Frog.

You've now crossed over into believing your own idea at ANY cost, even at the cost of not being able to see what is so obvious: Matt Schaub is NOT the answer here. I don't need 3-5 years to figure it out like I did with David Carr.

But go ahead and use your legal skills all you want.

Matt Schaub sucks, but Sage would probably have a better chance of rallying this team right now.

Oh, and by the way: I go VERY far (Just for you, homie!) to preface that I don't think Sage is a world beater. He's not. But he's a hell of a lot better than the guy you think is going to pull out of his slump. And I think THAT'S what makes you hate me so much. You know I'm right, but you ain't going to swallow your pride on it.

Choke on it all you want, pal. Crap, i think you might even be Gary Kubiak at this point. Same stubborness to neglect such an obvious problem.

We know how this goes: You flame me, I flame you. On and on and on...

So, I guess it's started. I knew as soon as I quoted you that I'd be getting the 3rd degree from you. LOL. And I thought I did extremely well to not really attack you when I quoted you. Guess not.

SCHAUB SUCKS. Live with it.
Old 09-23-2008   #40
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I didn't say Schaub is DOGGING it. AJ is, and he's tired of seeing No. 8 eat turf all the time.

I am not going to be a model on the front cover of GQ. And Matt Schaub is not going to translate into the QB that you guys think he will. Wishing it, hoping for it, and ragging the backup who has a 4-1 mark as a starter last season isn't cutting it anymore, Frog.

You've now crossed over into believing your own idea at ANY cost, even at the cost of not being able to see what is so obvious: Matt Schaub is NOT the answer here. I don't need 3-5 years to figure it out like I did with David Carr.

But go ahead and use your legal skills all you want.

Matt Schaub sucks, but Sage would probably have a better chance of rallying this team right now.

Oh, and by the way: I go VERY far (Just for you, homie!) to preface that I don't think Sage is a world beater. He's not. But he's a hell of a lot better than the guy you think is going to pull out of his slump. And I think THAT'S what makes you hate me so much. You know I'm right, but you ain't going to swallow your pride on it.

Choke on it all you want, pal. Crap, i think you might even be Gary Kubiak at this point. Same stubborness to neglect such an obvious problem.

We know how this goes: You flame me, I flame you. On and on and on...

So, I guess it's started. I knew as soon as I quoted you that I'd be getting the 3rd degree from you. LOL. And I thought I did extremely well to not really attack you when I quoted you. Guess not.

SCHAUB SUCKS. Live with it.
What are you talking about? You are doing the same thing you did last season. You really need to stop breathing so hard and typing so much and just read. Nothing in my response is personal. I just said i know your M.O. because you are here non-stop when Schaub doesn't play well and you disappear if Sage doesn't play well. You were on the Sage bandwagon all last year.

I've never said Schaub was the answer. I've never said he was to be kept in no matter what. In fact I just said he sucked. I realized his limitations last year.

What I did last year was spell out to you, while you foamed at the mouth, that Sage was doing no better stat wise than Schaub was and that was with a healthy AJ. I pointed out that Sage had to make the miracle Titan comeback you kept bringing up because Sage put us in the hole. I pointed at stats from Game 1 until the end of the season and laid it out for you. You disappeared and hid in a shell when Sage didn't do well. You have been the stubborn one not realizing the situation.

Overall me thinking we might have two backups is nothing for you to get riled up about or to keep ramming down people's throats. I have a feeling we will see Sage this season and be at the same place. He might even start next year as we get a rookie ready to play. I'm all for who gives us the best chance. Last year I thought it was a healthy Schaub with a healthy AJ. This year I think he is terrible so far. I have no allegiance to him.

By the way, neg repping someone for a comment you didn't even understand to start with is pretty petty and childish. If you can't talk football without the dissent showing you where your arguments may be wrong, then you don't belong here.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 09-23-2008 at 03:57 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read