Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2008   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans view from a Titans fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
So little faith...
So much time...7 years' worth.
Old 09-22-2008   #22
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
So much time...7 years' worth.
I agree, but this season is different don't you think? We had faith last year, and went with out best so far...8-8. We started o-2 in the 7-9 season did we not? The guys went through a lot this week (Ike) and had less time to prepare for the Titans because of it. I say we beat Jax at their place this Sunday.

It'll get better.

*pats GP's head*
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree, but this season is different don't you think? We had faith last year, and went with out best so far...8-8. We started o-2 in the 7-9 season did we not? The guys went through a lot this week (Ike) and had less time to prepare for the Titans because of it. I say we beat Jax at their place this Sunday.

It'll get better.

*pats GP's head*
I'll revert back to the Cowboy games of 07 and 08 . Even though it was preseason , we looked alot better last year . We started out 2-0 , then lost AJ so we had hope this year .
Old 09-22-2008   #24
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

I'll revert back to the Cowboy games of 07 and 08 . Even though it was preseason , we looked alot better last year . We started out 2-0 , then lost AJ so we had hope this year .
Yeah, we did look better last year. We stunk it up in the Steeler game, but I give the guys a little pass for this week (Ike and messing up everything...players sleeping at each other's homes, etc.). We bounce back next week with a W.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #25
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly a win next week and we are 1-2 and being the first team in NFL history to not have a home game until week 5 against good teams, thats not bad at all. Now if we lose next week it will be a different story.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #26
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Honestly a win next week and we are 1-2 and being the first team in NFL history to not have a home game until week 5 against good teams, thats not bad at all. Now if we lose next week it will be a different story.
To be continued ... in a week .... maybe .
Old 09-22-2008   #27
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I say we beat Jax next week. Quote me yo!
Yo. It sure would make the tailgating more fun. We have a lot of pent up tailgating to do.
Old 09-23-2008   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It'll get better.

*pats GP's head*
*snaps at the hand, and growls...*
Old 09-23-2008   #29
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd would rather be the rams at least the have won some Playoff games this Decade
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #30
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I never thought I'd look back on the Capers era and think "Hmmm...other than a lack of a running game, we did OK compared to THIS."
You have officially lost it.
Old 09-23-2008   #31
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't quite understand the knee-jerk reactions either.

You guys hung with one of the better teams in the league and had a very good chance to win a tough division game on the road. You didn't get manhandled, you didn't get out coached (well by the Titans at least, Kubiak kind of beat himself) and you didn't even really get out played. Kubiak and company had a very good offensive game plan coming in. You guys did something neither Jax nor Cincy were smart enough to really utilize, the misdirection. Kubiak was smart enough to realize that our ends are not disciplined (they're not taught to be, unfortunately) and was able to use Slaton's speed to get to the outside. Had he run normal sweeps and pitches all game Slaton wouldn't have had 100+. The OC did a great job of running the TE screens, roll outs and calling plays devised to create cut-back lanes... and it worked.

AJ dropped two touchdowns that he will normally catch. Uncharacteristic of him, lucky for us though because Harper was on him both those plays. Which makes me wonder why AJ every lined up on the left (Finnegan's side) because we don't rotate our CBs to either side, they stay put in a base offensive formation.

Questionable play calls in the redzone, I believe they should have pounded Slaton. I believe it would have been td's instead of t-o-d's. The Titans' pass rush is that good and Schaub was already having trouble throwing the ball, I don't get the play call. You guys sort of got away from the run all together in the second half, our D tightened but it was still a close game at the time, I say pound it.

You guys shouldn't worry. Big game this weekend that could easily turn it around for you guys. Jax o-line is in shambles and your d-line is a much better matchup than Indy's undersized four. We'll see if they can keep Saturday off Demeco (if he plays). Stop the run and let the pass rush loose and cause havoc in the backfield.

And, now don't take this the wrong way, but I like that you aren't happy. Now in year seven, yall are past the moral victories and "looking on the bright side." You should expect to compete and I believe you have arrived, no longer can teams simply write you off (couldn't last season either). I am simply trying to add a purely objective point of view, I wouldn't be posting all this if I didn't believe it to be true.

Good luck next week and in those up-coming... see you in December.

Last edited by Bulluck53; 09-23-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #32
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg View Post
Guys, why so much doom and gloom around here? You guys have a good team I think. Fisher was very complimentary after the game and again today at his presser.

You guys pretty much bottled up our running game, and you guys played well enough on defense to win the game I thought. It was much closer than I had hoped, and I thought the Titans went all ultra conservative late in the 2nd quarter, but most of that had to do with the defense.

You guys will be fine. I can tell when I see a good team. You guys will make some noise this year. Might even be able to challenge for the wild card spot.
Well, after a time the pat on the backs well done in the Monday Morning pressers tend to aggravate more than commiserate. There was a line in the outlaw Jose Wells....don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining. The joy I'm taking after this seventh consecutive loss to the Titans is this: Vince Young is out of time. Bud will make a move this off season and cut his losses.
Old 09-23-2008   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I don't quite understand the knee-jerk reactions either.

You guys hung with one of the better teams in the league and had a very good chance to win a tough division game on the road. You didn't get manhandled, you didn't get out coached (well by the Titans at least, Kubiak kind of beat himself) and you didn't even really get out played. Kubiak and company had a very good offensive game plan coming in. You guys did something neither Jax nor Cincy were smart enough to really utilize, the misdirection. Kubiak was smart enough to realize that our ends are not disciplined (they're not taught to be, unfortunately) and was able to use Slaton's speed to get to the outside. Had he run normal sweeps and pitches all game Slaton wouldn't have had 100+. The OC did a great job of running the TE screens, roll outs and calling plays devised to create cut-back lanes... and it worked.

AJ dropped two touchdowns that he will normally catch. Uncharacteristic of him, lucky for us though because Harper was on him both those plays. Which makes me wonder why AJ every lined up on the left (Finnegan's side) because we don't rotate our CBs to either side, they stay put in a base offensive formation.

Questionable play calls in the redzone, I believe they should have pounded Slaton. I believe it would have been td's instead of t-o-d's. The Titans' pass rush is that good and Schaub was already having trouble throwing the ball, I don't get the play call. You guys sort of got away from the run all together in the second half, our D tightened but it was still a close game at the time, I say pound it.

You guys shouldn't worry. Big game this weekend that could easily turn it around for you guys. Jax o-line is in shambles and your d-line is a much better matchup than Indy's undersized four. We'll see if they can keep Saturday off Demeco (if he plays). Stop the run and let the pass rush loose and cause havoc in the backfield.

And, now don't take this the wrong way, but I like that you aren't happy. Now in year seven, yall are past the moral victories and "looking on the bright side." You should expect to compete and I believe you have arrived, no longer can teams simply write you off (couldn't last season either). I am simply trying to add a purely objective point of view, I wouldn't be posting all this if I didn't believe it to be true.

Good luck next week and in those up-coming... see you in December.
I don't want to start a war with you on this, but let's get something straight: Titans are NOT one of the top teams in the league.

You have played some shell-shocked teams for the first part of your schedule.

Do you think the Titans would have looked like "one of the league's better teams" in week 1 playing the Steelers at Pittsburgh?

I know you're in a good mood, and you're being gracious and all...

But let's not start thinking that the Titans are "that" special.

Anyways, thanks for throwing us a bone. I can sleep tonight.
Old 09-23-2008   #34
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know. I would say they are top 10 at least.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-23-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Cain't Speel.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #35
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no winning with you is there man? I apologize for letting my bias show by saying that the Titans, who are 3-0 and top ten in the league in every major stat category, are one of the "better" teams in the league. Basically saying they are in the top ten. Please excuse me for that.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #36
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
There's no winning with you is there man? I apologize for letting my bias show by saying that the Titans, who are 3-0 and top ten in the league in every major stat category, are one of the "better" teams in the league. Basically saying they are in the top ten. Please excuse me for that.
I think SI had y'all as the best team in the AFC .

It's not so much the game against the Titans that alarms me ... it's the Steeler game and then watching the Eagles make the Steeler offense look so bad . We could'nt stop the Steelers .
Old 09-23-2008   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not to mention the Titans were a top 5 defensive team last season and 5th overall in rushing last year....
Old 09-23-2008   #38
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, the titans are a good team. Even better now that they have a QB worth a damn.

Having said that, we still had our chances to win that game. It might have been an ugly win, but it should've been won. SIX freakin times in the redzone resulting in 12 points?? Gimme a f--in break.

WE beat ourselves. Poor decision making and poor individual play = 12 points in 6 trips.
Old 09-23-2008   #39
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yes, the titans are a good team. Even better now that they have a QB worth a damn.

Having said that, we still had our chances to win that game. It might have been an ugly win, but it should've been won. SIX freakin times in the redzone resulting in 12 points?? Gimme a f--in break.

WE beat ourselves. Poor decision making and poor individual play = 12 points in 6 trips.
Anybody tell those guys they're not playing basketball?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #40
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

More than likely the two most hated teams by the average Texans fan would probably be the Cowboys and the Titans for obvious historical reasons. Anytime we have a loss, and in the case of the Titans so many losses, folks get a tad testy around here.

As far as things look right now after three weeks the Titans will take the division and the Texans have a darn good chance of NOT being in last place in our division. I never did expect us to be in the playoffs this year, but I did hope for not being in last place. Again.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read