Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2008   #1
SupDawg
Rookie

Default Texans view from a Titans fan.

Guys, why so much doom and gloom around here? You guys have a good team I think. Fisher was very complimentary after the game and again today at his presser.

You guys pretty much bottled up our running game, and you guys played well enough on defense to win the game I thought. It was much closer than I had hoped, and I thought the Titans went all ultra conservative late in the 2nd quarter, but most of that had to do with the defense.

You guys will be fine. I can tell when I see a good team. You guys will make some noise this year. Might even be able to challenge for the wild card spot.
SupDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans view from a Titans fan.

Damn...what kind of crazy world is it when Titans fan has a more optimistic view of our team that we do?!

People are just tired of watching our team flounder around year after year. It's not that we lost to the Titans (it doesn't help) as much as how we are losing these games.

The Titans weren't that great a few years ago, but here you are, once again putting out a great team that's winning games. In all honesty, many Texans fans see the same old, same old from this franchise. There is a Groundhog Day mentality that is permeating our fanbase. We see a QB wearing no. 8 that is deja vu. Three first round picks on a D-line that can't fight it's way out of a paper bag. An offensive line that is only consistent in walking backwards week after week. A soft cover 2 from a scaredy-cat defensive coordinator.

I'm getting depressed now. Man, tell me how great we are again.
Old 09-22-2008   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm getting depressed now. Man, tell me how great we are again.

Well, on the bright side, at least we are not the Rams.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Well, on the bright side, at least we are not the Rams.
Or the Lions. At least the Rams have won a couple NFC championships in the last decade.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

most of the league probably puts us in that Lions/Rams perpetual losers group....so for me at least, its hard to mock bad teams right now. We've never had a winning record.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'm not buying into all the doom and gloom around here. Yeah, we puked up a couple of bad performances so far and we got more holes on our team than we do in our streets. We have a QB contriversy brewing and our defense sucks more than a black hole in the Large Hadron Collider.

But, we are not the worst team in the league and I still think Kubiac and Smith will eventually get us there. Kubiac, as has been pointed out elsewhere, is a rookie head coach with a rookie GM. I think they will eventually pull us out of this mire. There are worse teams in the NFL than the Texans. The Jacks and Colts are not as good this year as we all thought they would be. Not all is horrible.

But one way or the other, we'll eventually have to get a QB to lead this team, or we'll be stuck with mediocrity.

Old 09-22-2008   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
or we'll be stuck with mediocrity.
if we aren't stuck in mediocrity now....7 years into this thing without ever having a winning record, I'd like to ask you what exactly are we were stuck in right now if not mediocrity?

Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
if we aren't stuck in mediocrity now....7 years into this thing without ever having a winning record, I'd like to ask you what exactly are we were stuck in right now if not mediocrity?
right now we ARE stuck in a mire of mediocrity. But, it's better than another 2-14 season. I still think we will win 7 to 9 games this year. I been saying all along it's entirely possible we have another 8-8 year.

Old 09-22-2008   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
I been saying all along it's entirely possible we have another 8-8 year.
Glad to see our fans reaching for the stars.

ps: just too depressed about how the team is playing to not be sarcastic.

Old 09-22-2008   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

LOL Vinny, it's not what I want, rather it's what I see.

Old 09-22-2008   #11
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I'm not buying into all the doom and gloom around here. Yeah, we puked up a couple of bad performances so far and we got more holes on our team than we do in our streets. We have a QB contriversy brewing and our defense sucks more than a black hole in the Large Hadron Collider.

But, we are not the worst team in the league and I still think Kubiac and Smith will eventually get us there. Kubiac, as has been pointed out elsewhere, is a rookie head coach with a rookie GM. I think they will eventually pull us out of this mire. There are worse teams in the NFL than the Texans. The Jacks and Colts are not as good this year as we all thought they would be. Not all is horrible.

But one way or the other, we'll eventually have to get a QB to lead this team, or we'll be stuck with mediocrity.

A coach and GM in their 3rd years are not rookies.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
A coach and GM in their 3rd years are not rookies.
Not technically, no. But their jobs with the Texans are the first time for both of them they've been the top dogs calling all the shots. The drafts have been pretty good, the free agent signings not so much, game management sinking. I'm not excusing the failures, I'm just saying I still have faith they will pull this out.

Old 09-22-2008   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my sentiment .

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Rankings.php

http://www.gbnreport.com/

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC

I'm sure we won't have to wait as long .
Old 09-22-2008   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Im going to love when we start winning a few games and everyones view changes completely, as it did last season.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we beat Jax next week. Quote me yo!
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Im going to love when we start winning a few games and everyones view changes completely, as it did last season.
Most are not satisfied with just winning a few games . We kinda wanted to be the type of team that can battle the Titans and Steelers .
Old 09-22-2008   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDawg View Post
Guys, why so much doom and gloom around here? You guys have a good team I think. Fisher was very complimentary after the game and again today at his presser.

You guys pretty much bottled up our running game, and you guys played well enough on defense to win the game I thought. It was much closer than I had hoped, and I thought the Titans went all ultra conservative late in the 2nd quarter, but most of that had to do with the defense.

You guys will be fine. I can tell when I see a good team. You guys will make some noise this year. Might even be able to challenge for the wild card spot.
Class act, and I appreciate you being kind to us. I seriously do.

But this team is as flat as a 2-week-old bottle of Dr. Pepper. I really think there is an overall "poor, poor us. we can't beat anybody" mentality among the players. It's been like that since the newness wore off after the big win vs. the Cowboys when we first started playing again as a franchise.

I never thought I'd look back on the Capers era and think "Hmmm...other than a lack of a running game, we did OK compared to THIS."

Steve Slaton probably kept a lot of Texans fans from jumping off a bridge this past Sunday. Kubiak might have found that diamond in the rough that he's always seeking at RB.

Now let's see if he can solve that other glaring deficiency that is holding us back. But we are not finishing 8-8 if this keeps up.

"I honestly think we can be 5-2 by the bye week..." - GP

LOL. I can bail out on that statement because our bye week was in week 2, not week 8. Now give me $700 billion, please. Hey, maybe Casserly has been running Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae all these years?
Old 09-22-2008   #18
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

I said it before the game...I believe the Titans are the best team in the league now that the crybaby is no longer the qb....I mean Kerry Collins is terrible but he is infinitely better than the other guy and they are almost unstoppable...I really didn't expect the game to be still close in the third quarter.

Get ready fellow Texans...we will probably lose again next week. But, hey I still think we have a good, young team and starting with the Mario Draft we have drafted very well....it just takes time to become dominant in this league.

As far as Schaub goes.......hmm.......I thought he was gonna be good. Crap, maybe we can get Stafford if we continue losing like this......
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaguywhosettlesformediocrity View Post
No way we finish 8-8. Unless Schaub finds a new team and starts dialing all 52 new phone numbers.

.500 or less, from now on, is not good enough. "A few games" is like saying "I'm happy with just a little bite of a Whataburger hamburger."

Dude, you want to eat the whole burger. It's THAT good. Right?

Based on his lack of game management alone, Kubiak is not winning me over as a fan anytime soon.
Old 09-22-2008   #20
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Keep dreaming.

The turds who made our schedule have sunk our battleship.

No way we finish 8-8. Unless Schaub finds a new team and starts dialing all 52 new phone numbers.
So little faith...
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read