Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2008   #1
RosenfelsIsMyQB
Rookie

Default I'll probably get laughed at...

I'm also pretty sure it has been mentioned before too. But am I making a stretch here for thinking we should pick up Shaun Alexander? Call me crazy but I think Shaun Alexander and Steve Slaton could possibly make a good one-two punch. Also before it is mentioned, I would only consider it if we could get him for cheap, which is very doubtful.

Thoughts?
RosenfelsIsMyQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'll probably get laughed at...

Yeah, we've been over this literally dozens of times. Shaun Alexander is not only way past his prime - he's the opposite kind of runner for our offense. He's a dancer, a stutter-stepper. He's not a one-cut-and-go runner.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #3
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Give Darius some carries. He will complement what we need. Our Oline will get better the more they play together. Change does not occur instantly.
Old 09-22-2008   #4
RosenfelsIsMyQB
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYE SUX View Post
Give Darius some carries. He will complement what we need.
I'm all for giving Darius Walker carries. I'd rather see him with the ball than Chris Taylor. I just wish we had a big bruising running back like a Brandon Jacobs to go along with the quick elusiveness of Steve Slaton.
RosenfelsIsMyQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i found the source of this idea/rumor, and it was ahman green's baby.
Old 09-23-2008   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosenfelsIsMyQB View Post
I'm also pretty sure it has been mentioned before too. But am I making a stretch here for thinking we should pick up Shaun Alexander? Call me crazy but I think Shaun Alexander and Steve Slaton could possibly make a good one-two punch. Also before it is mentioned, I would only consider it if we could get him for cheap, which is very doubtful.

Thoughts?
Crazy.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #7
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

the hawks MADE shaun a great runner, cause there o line was so dominate,
what slaton is doing now with our line is tremendous. lets face it, we dont have a walter jones or a steve hutchinson. in other words shaun is too big and slow for him to be effective in our system.
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2008   #8
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

shaun is cursed, cursed i tell you. look at what happened to vy. he never had a chance.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

there's reasons as to why he hasn't been picked up yet...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If he could play CB rather than RB then I would be all for it. I think our offense is coming together with Gibbs ZBS, slowly but surely, and our RBs are catching on. What we need is for someone to give our secondary a swift kick in the ass!!! JMO!! Right now I think Vinny, DB, TexanBill, KT, Cak, Hobie, GlassHalfFull, and DiapHer could do a better job!! Maybe even the old timers like Thorn and yours truly!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember hearing Kubiak talk about this issue on 610 or 1560 am a month or so ago. What I heard Kubiak saying, politely, was that they look for certain characteristics in a RB and Alexander doesn't possess those characteristics. Many fans see the great rushing performances from years past, but every team is different and there are situations that help make a RB successful or not.

Now we've all heard coaches say one thing and do another, especially when it comes to the draft or free agency. But Kubiak pretty much squandered any thought that we'd be interested in Alexander.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

You got to figure Ced Benson is on that short list of do not touch also. They don't throw veterans overboard. Kubiak and Smith are entrenched with Ahman Green until the thing plays out. That's what they do.
Old 09-25-2008   #13
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

...UUmmmm, would it be possible to throw Richard Smith under the bus on the way to the airport?
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read