Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2008   #61
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Everyone in the Texans organization from top to bottom needs to be reevaluated

If we draft defensively again, I don't want Richard Smith being the guy to tell us what we need.

I want an offensive stud that is going to make our team score lots and lots of points.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #62
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Everyone in the Texans organization from top to bottom needs to be reevaluated

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If we draft defensively again, I don't want Richard Smith being the guy to tell us what we need.

I want an offensive stud that is going to make our team score lots and lots of points.
we need some size inside because outside of Mario our front 7 is undersized and gets pushed around easily.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #63
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we need some size inside because outside of Mario our front 7 is undersized and gets pushed around easily.
Yep, that's what I'm been thinking about the front 4 anyway-more specifically, those two first round DTs.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #64
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
right now it looks like there were SEVERAL players we should or could have picked over Danny Almonte, er, I mean Amobi Okoye. Okoye has been awful so far this year....he may have peaked like Almonte did....as a child.

Looks like people are finally catching up. I've been down on Amobi since the preseason, and people have been blasting me for it. Seems like others are finally seeing what I'm seeing. And for those who want to compare Amobi's situation to Mario's, stop it okay. Mario is and was in a different league from Amobi. Amobi needs to man-up and start playing some productive football for the Texans.
Old 09-25-2008   #65
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
So what you're saying is that Reeves could coach some, but he is useless on the field.
No ... what I'm saying is that the guy is not waisted money. Not yet. I don't know for a fact he isn't going to improve over the next six games. And guess what...neither do you. What I will say he makes an excellent nickel back candidate if he can't. And if they are over paying for guys tiring to plug holes they can't address in the draft with prospects, what else can they do ? This head coach and GM likes big safeties...I get it. So basically they took a shot at a guy with upside and hoped he would work out. If they had no cap money to play with, what the heck else could they do...who else was out there ? He can run with them. But he doesn't have the instinct to know when the ball is over his shoulder. He might acquire that over time. If you line the guy face up and let him read...he just might make a player.
Old 09-25-2008   #66
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or they could start shooting gaps and let Okoye do what he does best, beat people off the snap of the ball. And obviously they disagree with you other wise Maddox would still be on the roster.
Old 09-25-2008   #67
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Texans fans have suffered over the past 7 years in watching atrocious football. I wouldn't wish the Carr, Capers, and Casserley Axis of Evil on my worst enemy.

We literally had with Capers, Fangio, and Pendry, the most inept head coach and coaching staff in the NFL since Rich Kotite's reign of error with the Jets. Pendry's offensive scheme were laughably archaic and Capers was more conservative than RC Slocum.

What Casserley did to this franchise with his drafts and FA signings was absolutely criminally negligent and inept. I don't think he could have screwed us worse if he actually tried to do so. I don't have to go through the carnage here since we all know what was done.

Mr. Mittens IMO even under the best of circumstances would have never turned into a star. He redefined the position when it comes to poor play. No field vision, leadership, accuracy basically anything you would deem important in a QB. His only positive was that he was relatively durable.

A lot of our beleaguered fans (including myself) believed we had a pretty good QB, GM, and coach since the new regime seemed to have a clue and made incremental improvements to the horrid situation the former regime left.

Basically, I believe we were fed shit so long that once we tasted bologna we thought we finally had filet mignon. We have overrated what we have because hope is all we had and because we haven't seen winning EVER from the Texans. Let's look at the Texans from the top down with a critical eye:

1. Bob McNair - its amazing how the business and fan comfort side of things are so good compared to the mess that is football operations. McNair believes stability leads to success. I agree with that for the most part. However, that is no guarantee of success. Look at the Lions. They have inexplicably stuck with Matt Millen for all of these years. Despite, this stability the Lions are as bad as ever.

Bob, listen to me, if it becomes clear that Schaub, Kubiak, Rick Smith, and others are not the ones to lead us to the promised land make the move and get us the people who will. Don't stick with them just because that is what you think top franchises do. It's not. Don't make us languish like you did with the previous crew.

Also, please dispense with the idea that we should only have choir boys on this team. Good teams often have a few bad apples if they can play. Tank Johnson and Pacman could have helped us a lot.

Don't bet the farm and commit long term deals for those who haven't earned it (i.e. Carr's extension and Rick Smith's extension).

Finally, I think most of us would rather focus on building this team properly rather than overspend for a new "face of the franchise" like we did for Schaub.

2. Rick Smith - We have given him a lot of love and benefit of the doubt. I mean compared to the idiocy of Casserley, Rick seemed like a genius instead.

Again, while he is an improvement, If you look at his record it is merely average as a whole. His free agent signings have been disastrous. Weaver, AG, Chris Brown, Putzier, and to a lesser extent Reeves have been a big bag of nothing. The 2006 draft was good. However, Amobi is legitimately a concern now as he hasn't done jack since midseason last year. This year's draft is TBD.

The fact is this team still has gaping holes in multiple areas. This is year 3 in his reign. Rick Smith is not a great GM; a great GM would have more holes filled.

3. Kubiak and the coaching staff - Its embarrassing how bad we have been outcoached so far. Our supposedly awesome oline coach got schooled by Dick LaBeau. The playcalling in the red zone today was bone headed. Our offense has taken a step backwards. It looks like our wunderkind OC is not ready for the job.

The horrific clock mgmt and use of challenges is inexcusable. To not challenge the catch right before halftime shows a lack of organization and awareness. I don't care whose responsibility it really was to notify the HC, the buck stops with Kubiak.

Richard Smith is the opposing offenses best friend. Horrible schemes and poorly disguised blitzes are his hallmark. We don't force the issue and merely react. MW in coverage 20 yards downfield is a joke.

Not pulling an awful Schaub and putting in Sage in order to give the team a chance to win is so disappointing. That according to your own words the thought never entere your head is frightening.

On today's game alone Kubiak would have grounds to get his ass canned. Put in the best players on the field and take away playcalling from underperforming coordinators. If not, you will lose your job.

4. The players - Show some friggin pride out there. Someone stand up and become a vocal leader. We don't have great players. However, this is the easiest area to fix since our problems are systemic.

5. Pro scouting and medical staff - heads need to roll here because the acquisitions of Weaver, AG, Chris Brown, etc. should never have been greenlighted. We seem to hold out hope for injured players in a far greater manner than other teams. Why did the team hold on to Charles Spencer for so long despite clearly having a career threatening injury that wasn't getting better and which was made worse by his lack of commitment to rehab.

Our coaches and GM seem to get assurances that certain players will get healthy. We go into the offseason thinking those areas will be ok and address other areas. When these players don't play we are left with gaping holes. This needs to stop now.

It kills me to say this but we look like a 5 win team at best. We are still closer to the bottom than being anywhere close to the top. Its depressing to think our only way out is to start all over again but that is the only way. Get proven established winners here (Capers an Casserley while experienced did not have a longstanding track record of success). Pay whatever it takes to get a Bill Polian- type GM and a proven winner like Marty or Cowher as coach.
Excellent post! Right on.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2008   #68
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
leave rick smith alone....... the guy is the equivalent of daryl morey for the Texans.
You've got to be kidding me. They're no where close. Morey got rid of every bad contract the Rockets had in a league with guaranteed contracts, and has managed to make one great trade after another.

Smith is nowhere close to Morey. I can't even believe I read that.
Old 09-25-2008   #69
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
2. Rick Smith - We have given him a lot of love and benefit of the doubt. I mean compared to the idiocy of Casserley, Rick seemed like a genius instead.

Again, while he is an improvement, If you look at his record it is merely average as a whole. His free agent signings have been disastrous. Weaver, AG, Chris Brown, Putzier, and to a lesser extent Reeves have been a big bag of nothing.
FYI--Weaver and Putzier were brought in by Casserly before Rick Smith was hired.
Old 09-25-2008   #70
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
FYI--Weaver and Putzier were brought in by Casserly before Rick Smith was hired.
Putzier was a Kubiak request.
Old 09-25-2008   #71
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Putzier was a Kubiak request.
So what?--his point was about Rick Smith. He wasn't brought in by Smith.
Old 09-25-2008   #72
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sure how you classify Putzier but he is like a bunch of NFL players, a vet. who is 3 rd on the dept chart. When he was brought in the Texans did not have a good pass catching TE. They drafted Owen Daniels and found a gem.

Besides it is not like he cost the team very much.
Old 09-25-2008   #73
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

....And Putzier is no longer on the team, so what's the big deal?
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #74
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
....And Putzier is no longer on the team, so what's the big deal?
It might be a little deal if there was a tght end they could of picked up three years ago who contributed more or who would still be on the team. Stop gap veterans don't help the team build stability.

I don't think the Jeb pickup is a big issue. I have no idea who else may have been available.

As an aside, it is nice to see all catch and no block Billy Miller still contributing to the Saints on occasion.
Old 09-25-2008   #75
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You've got to be kidding me. They're no where close. Morey got rid of every bad contract the Rockets had in a league with guaranteed contracts, and has managed to make one great trade after another.

Smith is nowhere close to Morey. I can't even believe I read that.
Wow you're being totally ignorant right now. It ain't hard to get rid of the "bad contracts" when the only one they had was Juwan Howard. Besides Morey was taking over a playoff team with only 15 players on his squad. I think the Texans had close to that amount of players with bad contracts, when Smith took over.

Gary Walker, Robaire Smith, Carr, Dom Davis, Buchannon, Payne, Weigert, Wade, etc.

Besides having his top FA signing bust every season, I don't see how Rick Smith is a bad GM, and I sure wouldn't say he NOWHERE near Morey.

Last edited by J-Russ; 09-25-2008 at 06:15 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #76
Yomaine
Rookie

Everyone says were rebuilding. How are we rebuilding if we never finished building in the first place. If your just building you can always changed the way your building or start-over. Some times its better to just trash it and start-over. And no thats still not rebuilding!
Yomaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #77
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
It might be a little deal if there was a tght end they could of picked up three years ago who contributed more or who would still be on the team. Stop gap veterans don't help the team build stability.

I don't think the Jeb pickup is a big issue. I have no idea who else may have been available.

As an aside, it is nice to see all catch and no block Billy Miller still contributing to the Saints on occasion.
This is all I could find for 2006 FA TE's. It's from a fantasy football site, so take it FWIW:

Quote:
The recent decision by the Denver Broncos to release Jeb Putzier from his contract and make him an unrestricted free agent certainly helped this free agent class. Putzier immediately steps in as the top free agent tight end available as the rest of the class is mediocre at best; littered with only a couple of guys who could possibly surprise, but for the most part are just re-hashing of mediocre tight ends already on other rosters.

1) Jeb Putzier (unrestricted, Denver): The Broncos cut him loose and someone looking for a competent pass catching tight end will likely pick him up and hope he's as good as he looked two years ago.

2) Chris Baker (unrestricted, New York Jets): For 4 years we've heard about Baker's unrealized potential. Now some other team will get to realize the futility of trying to find it as well. Perhaps that's being too harsh, but Baker's had his chances and has only flashed visions of great abilities a couple of times. But him being ranked #2 in the class should tell you al you need to know about the caliber of players we're looking at.

3) Zach Hilton (restricted, New Orleans): Hilton is a mammoth sized TE at 6'8", 268 lbs. He got a chance to show off some good skills in 2005 and while still not refined, he could be the next big sleeper TE that comes out of nowhere. But as a restricted free agent he's not likely to go anywhere.

4) Aaron Shea (unrestricted, Cleveland): Has shown he's capable as a pass catcher, but hasn't really gotten a chance to be the #1. He'll go somewhere and compete for a starting job, but just doesn't appear likely to really take his game up to the level necessary to be a great starting TE.

5) Robert Royal (unrestricted, Washington): Royal got lost on a team that used the H-Back position more in their offense than the traditional TE. He's got some skills and could be a good pass catcher, but isn't a complete TE and likely ends up as part of a TE rotation somewhere.

Other notables: Dan Campbell (unrestricted, Dallas); Brandon Manumaleuna (unrestricted, St. Louis); Will Heller (restricted, Miami); Ryan Hannam (unrestricted, Seattle); Matt Schobel (unrestricted, Cincinnati); George Wrighster (restricted, Jacksonville).

As for teams looking for TE's? Basically, everyone except San Diego, Kansas City, Dallas, Washington, New England, Tennessee, Miami, Atlanta, Indianapolis, NY Giants, and Baltimore are looking for a good TE.
Fantasy Football Starters
Old 09-25-2008   #78
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

hopefully the boys can turn it around. they have looked like dog crap so far but they still have 14 games to play and have plenty of time show that they can be competitive or perhaps even turn the season around.

if they fail to show a pulse for the rest of the year, McNair needs to bring about a regime change and he needs to move quickly if he has any inkling of doing so. with all the impending coaching changes (potentially 1/4 of the league), we need to move faster in order for our candidate (Cowher anyone?) to assemble a coaching staff before everyone picks the cupboard dry. That is what happened with the Kubiak hiring although it was of really no fault of our own. Kubiak was untouchable till post-AFC Championship Game. Geez, that is how we ended up with Richard Smith as our Defensive Coordinator. Guy wasn't exactly at the top of our list but he was all that remained.
Old 09-25-2008   #79
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This is all I could find for 2006 FA TE's. It's from a fantasy football site, so take it FWIW:

Fantasy Football Starters
Not much there.
Old 09-25-2008   #80
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Wow you're being totally ignorant right now. It ain't hard to get rid of the "bad contracts" when the only one they had was Juwan Howard. Besides Morey was taking over a playoff team with only 15 players on his squad. I think the Texans had close to that amount of players with bad contracts, when Smith took over.

Gary Walker, Robaire Smith, Carr, Dom Davis, Buchannon, Payne, Weigert, Wade, etc.

Besides having his top FA signing bust every season, I don't see how Rick Smith is a bad GM, and I sure wouldn't say he NOWHERE near Morey.
Let's see he brought back Mike James who was regarded as a really good PG that played real well for us at before. He found a way to get Steve Francious back when everyone thought he could still play. He found a way to snake Scola over from the Spurs. That was all in his first off season to start weeling and dealing. That was his first off season. He also made really good draft picks with Carl Landry in the 2nd freaking round and Aaron Brooks.

Then in the season when James wasn't playing up to par he found away to dump him and his contract and also get an under achieving Bonzi Wells off the team and off the books as well.

In this off season, he first signs a savy veteran in Brent Barry to help out with 3 point shooting, and he grabs some young Euro PG that we didn't even need. When everyone including myself was ticked over night he creates this wizadry of trades where we end up with Dorsey and the Green that had a lot of upside as well and a 2nd round pick. But we need a third scorer. Did he stop there? No, he trades Green who wouldn't make a big impact this year any way, a first round pick that wasn't worth much and some other trash for Ron Fricken Artest!! And the Kings had previously stated that they weren't going to trade anyone Artest unless they took Kenny Thomas and his terrible contract, but Morey somehow dodged that bullet as well. Oh, and we just resigned Carl Landry! And we're still not even finished. Right now on paper the Rockets have a great shot at being one of the best defensive teams of all time next year.

Now I left several moves out of all of this that Morey has done. Smith has done a decent job and all, but he is nowhere near Morey's level of a GM and what Morey has been able to do for the Rockets thus far. This isn't even close.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read