Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #1
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kube post game video

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80afc71c
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #2
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kube post game video

I think it's pretty telling that he can't even look into the camera for most of that. He and the rest of the team need to start earning their paychecks.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #3
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub kickin' the David Byrne post-game look.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

So Kubiak didn't challenge that long play because they didn't get to see it in the booth. Either way, the ref should have been all over it.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #5
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

How much ya'll wanna bet Kubiak say "it's my fault, it's all on me" in tomorrow's press conference?

That line is really starting to become more predictable and annoying then the infamous "execute" word, used by Doom in his monday PCs.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #6
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Refs did blow that call bad but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the opposing offense is busting their asses to get a play off before you can throw a flag. How he could challenge that INT when it was obviously an INT but not to have the feel to throw it when the Tacks were rushing to get a play off says something.

I'm sure he's gun shy about challenging at this point but whoever is in the booth telling him what to challenge has to go because he sucks. So far he's 0/20+.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub's pink shirt has to go .... wonder if he lost a bet and had to wear that thing?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #8
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I am ashamed to see both Kubiak and Schaub hanging their heads like 6 year olds who have been scolded. Man up! This is not the end of the world, but I just get so mad when I see that head hanging/not looking at the camera crap.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerdog View Post
I am ashamed to see both Kubiak and Schaub hanging their heads like 6 year olds who have been scolded. Man up! This is not the end of the world, but I just get so mad when I see that head hanging/not looking at the camera crap.
It seems as if Kubiak is always hanging his head and tapping the podium despite what happened or the result on Sunday.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #10
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

you know i would give anything for a denny green/mora/herm blow up to light a spark under the butts of our guys and oh fire someone anyone i dont care
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at the quotes I noticed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kubiak
(on RB Steve Slaton) “I thought he was special in the game. He played a lot of plays. We were going to rotate him, but he played so well we kept going with him. I liked the way he broke tackles. He just kept going and gave us a chance to make big plays. I think he ended up with 120 yards rushing. We probably got away from the run game too quick in the second half, in all honestly. We ran the ball good in the first half. He has a chance to be a fine player; he’s just got to keep going.”
I feel like I hear this every game, or just about every game. Why do we have a problem sticking with our running game? You'd think after saying it week after week he would listen to himself.

Also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kubiak
(on why he didn’t challenge a reception by Titans WR Justin McCareins) “We didn’t see that one on the replay for some reason. Upstairs we never got that replay. But it’s my understanding that it was very close. I thought on the first one that the kid maybe didn’t have total control when his helmet hit the out of bounds line, but obviously not.”
Old 09-21-2008   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Looking at the quotes I noticed this:

I feel like I hear this every game, or just about every game. Why do we have a problem sticking with our running game? You'd think after saying it week after week he would listen to himself.

Also this:
When you get behind you get away from the run , its that simple.

Old 09-21-2008   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its time to move on we loss ok lets put this behind us and move on to next week agansit the Jags a team that on paper we always play pretty well thought are entire Franchise history we have played well aganist

I think it will be another tough exciting AFC South showdown game

and i pretty sure we can get are first Win in jaxs
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
When you get behind you get away from the run , its that simple.
I never really felt like we were down by that much. Even in the third quarter when we decided to go for it instead of kick a field goal I felt like we could have kicked a field goal there. What you said is understandable, I am just not sure we were ever really down enough to get one-dimensional.
Old 09-21-2008   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I never really felt like we were down by that much. Even in the third quarter when we decided to go for it instead of kick a field goal I felt like we could have kicked a field goal there. What you said is understandable, I am just not sure we were ever really down enough to get one-dimensional.
I never got that feeling either , but I suspect that is why they got away from it . Kubiak needs to make some adjustments . If I were him the first one would be to take over playcalling from Lil Shanny .... well , actually that would be second behind canning Dick Smith.

Old 09-21-2008   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

When did we "get away from the run"? The problem is that the run got away from us.

In the first half, Slaton had 9 runs for 104 yards. In the second half, Slaton had 9 runs for 12 yards.

The Titans just made the adjustments to shut our running game down in the second half.

People are forgetting that the Titans are a very good defense and they're going to make very good offenses look bad from time to time. We played them at their house and they made us look bad.

Fine. Suck it up and let's move on to the next game. It's not time to panic, yet.

Not quite, yet. Soon, though.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #17
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
So Kubiak didn't challenge that long play because they didn't get to see it in the booth. Either way, the ref should have been all over it.
you would think they might invest in a dvr.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read