Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #1
pancho
Rookie

Default I think it's me.

So after 30 plus years, before luv ya blue, I have seen owners, coaches, players and stadiums come and go. Results the same. So after much abuse I have decided it must be me. So its over and I wish you the best. I'll try not even to notice the score. It's over.
pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #2
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think it's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho View Post
So after 30 plus years, before luv ya blue, I have seen owners, coaches, players and stadiums come and go. Results the same. So after much abuse I have decided it must be me. So its over and I wish you the best. I'll try not even to notice the score. It's over.
Are you saying you're done as a Houston (Texans) Pro Football fan?
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll miss all of your great football insights! Seriously!
Old 09-21-2008   #4
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey it's ok to ***** and moan like the rest of us but to give up means we didn't need you. Jump on that cowboys band wagon you loser
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Hey it's ok to ***** and moan like the rest of us but to give up means we didn't need you. Jump on that cowboys band wagon you loser
I wouldn't call him a loser. I kind of see where he is coming from. Eventually people will start to wonder what else they could be doing on a Sunday rather than watching our team lose and thinking "maybe next year."

I'm not sure he is saying he will go to another team, just that he is done with this one. Sounds like he may be done with watching football on Sundays.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #6
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I wouldn't call him a loser. I kind of see where he is coming from. Eventually people will start to wonder what else they could be doing on a Sunday rather than watching our team lose and thinking "maybe next year."

I'm not sure he is saying he will go to another team, just that he is done with this one. Sounds like he may be done with watching football on Sundays.
I can empathize. It is just no fun watching football on Sundays. Even though we ended up at .500, last season was fun watching this team improve. There is nothing fun about watching this team and it just feels the same as it has felt the past couple of years.

I don't see myself ever rooting for another team...if anything, maybe just find something else to do.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I can empathize. It is just no fun watching football on Sundays. Even though we ended up at .500, last season was fun watching this team improve. There is nothing fun about watching this team and it just feels the same as it has felt the past couple of years.

I don't see myself ever rooting for another team
...if anything, maybe just find something else to do.
Me either. For me, its more than getting tired as a fan of watching my team lose, It's more about getting tired of watching other fans celebrate their badazz teams like the patriots(maybe not this yr b/c of injury to brady), colts, steelers(remember we pounded them pre-ben qb), and as much as I hate to say it the cowboys.
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Iam a texans Fan 4 life !!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I am a texans Fan 4 life ..... Until they move to another city

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My hat is off to you for being able to endure 30 years of it, especially the last 10. I intend to be here for the duration, but you can only take so much punishment.

Best of luck
Old 09-21-2008   #11
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

The hard part is rooting for some of those great Oiler teams only to not have football to cheer for to getting football back and watching sub .500 since the Texans came into being. I will cheer no matter what it just is such a f'ing drag to watch this kind of ball.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

I agree with that. I've been a Texans fan from day one, but I also like to enjoy my days off. Like maybe tune into a another football game that just a bit more competitive?

I mean really . . . did any of the rest of you Texans fans really enjoy yourselves today? You don't there was something else you could have been doing that was just the least more enjoyable, relaxing, and entertaining. I'm mean really, did you really have any fun watching that game today? When was the last game that you did?

It's starting to get old.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #13
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Let me guess you're 27... so would you say that if you were age 55 and had 28 more seasons of missing the playoffs or getting bounced after one postseason game?

I agree with you though, I'm a texans fan for life.
Old 09-21-2008   #14
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and all this time i thought it was me. well glad to see you go now we can get on with the winning.

ps. if it wouldnt be to much to ask, could you become a cowboy/titan fan.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #15
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

God I hated the Steelers and Bills during those years
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #16
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Just think about something for one minute....

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were terrible for a loooooong time. Basically, they were the league laughing stock from the early 80's until 1996 or 1997.

The Detroit Lions have been a bad football team for a long time as well.

I could go on, but the point is these things take time. It doesn't help that we started about 4 years late on developing our team. The Capers/Casserly era was a disaster, but that has already been covered to death.

If anyone wants to give up, that's fine. The NFL is full of fair weather fans. Me? I choose to stick out the rough times. It makes the winning at the end that much sweeter.
Old 09-21-2008   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Football won't matter anymore when our economy collapses.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #18
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I cant believe this is a thread, are people actually saying this after 2 games! Not only that a fan is a fan for life no matter what I will be as much as a fan as i am now!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #19
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never seen a single post you've made, so I really doubt the board skips a beat with you gone. You had 49 posts and didn't even bother with an avatar.
Old 09-21-2008   #20
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I can relate to both sides. It sure gets tough on Sundays like today to watch them lose. But when they click on all cylinders, it's a blast to watch. I was an Oiler fan through the good and bad times and I'll remain a Texan fan as well. Today sure was a drag though.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read