Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2008   #21
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our OLBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Our OLBers are horrible. Diles puts up tackle numbers but its not b/c he is attacking the LOS.

Good news is this draft is appearing to be a good draft for OLB and we have both of our 1st day picks.

Unless we have to pick #1 again we should be drafting a solid OLB in the first.
Yes but I keep seeing posted they've got to take a DT high. Someone needs to research the bust out rate for first round DT's. there's some of us doing more than holding our breath on Okoye now.

The major problem for this football team is lack of team speed in the back seven. They need a run stuffer or Okam to develop, a De opposite Mario....but my pick would be a high end will with a very good tackle rate. And blazing speed...like Steve Slaton speed. I don't believe they will start over at Safety. They've got one young corner with the numbers and upside. Every chance they get they talk up Diles...he isn't going anywhere for a while. That leaves the will. Unless something very special falls into their laps, you gotta figure they'll take a Will and move Greenwood out next off season. Until I see an Adbi, I gotta figure we don't have an Adbi.
Old 09-25-2008   #22
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm posting all of this believeing they've got their corner stones on offense. The Rbs I see in this draft are good. Not Earl Campbell, Erick Dickerson good. They may not prove to be as good as last years class. What you have to remember is it takes time for an o-line to come together as a unit. Look at the history of the Oilers when they started to rebuild by drafting Munchack & Mathews in the early eighties. It took a while to build that team up for a run in the late eighties. I don't believe we're that far behind. But it's going to be awful for a while....no matter who the QB or DC or HC is here second Honeymoon. The o-line is playing well...they're getting killed right now. But we got guys executing blocks down field , pancaking guys and finishing off their blocks....It's always one little thing, one missed assignment, every play which is killing them. That's not bad. That's young and learning.

I could live with an up grade at the guard spot. But the reality is you can't have high end draft picks guys across the o-line at every position with out killing your cap. Gotta be patient and let them build up some chemistry. It's going to look like Cajuns dressing the fall pig for a while. But they are making progress. This is going to be a good offensive line.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 09-25-2008 at 02:44 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #23
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
This is the reason why i think we will be KICKING ourselves for picking Amobi instead of patrick willis, who went 11th to SF.
Every sunday that amobi no call no shows that argument gains steam
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #24
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
This is the reason why i think we will be KICKING ourselves for picking Amobi instead of patrick willis, who went 11th to SF.
I am right there with you, and have been from day one. Our LB's would be a huge strength instead of huge weakness. Its not like Amobi is doing ANYTHING anyway.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read