Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #21
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson

I dont know about 2, 1 yes. A lot thrown to him were terrbile.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #22
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I dont know about 2, 1 yes. A lot thrown to him were terrbile.
Those two endzone passes were spot on and was in his hands. He just plain ol' dropped them balls.

The 1st throw could've been better place, maybe back an inch or two, but it was still a catchable ball and our superstar WR should of caught it.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #23
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Those two endzone passes were spot on and was in his hands. He just plain ol' dropped them balls.

The 1st throw could've been better place, maybe back an inch or two, but it was still a catchable ball and our superstar WR should of caught it.
I don't think any of his drop were easy chances, but Johnson's past performance and the expectations of a pro-bowl WR at least one of them should have been made.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well the endzone pass was not Right in the chest it was thrown to high AJ had 2 jump to catch the ball

another one was a verryyy fast pass and i blame the O line and Matt for that he throw the ball two his back

I blame Matt for thoes cases not AJ ..........
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #25
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
well the endzone pass was not Right in the chest it was thrown to high AJ had 2 jump to catch the ball

another one was a verryyy fast pass and i blame the O line and Matt for that he throw the ball two his back

2nd endzone pass was right in his chest, 1st endzone pass was in his finger tips, I think he had his hands on it and it came out.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #26
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

Both balls were catchable, no matter how you spin it. The first one was an athletic attempt, but the second one was just a flat-out drop.

How can you even blame the QB when the WR had the ball right in his hands??
Old 09-21-2008   #27
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno.

If the Browns offered me Braylon for AJ straight up . . . I'd think about it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #28
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I dunno.

Braylon has been a pass dropping fool so far this season....
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #29
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dunno.

I wouldn't. Hell no. I can't tell if your being sarcastic. Hope so.

AJ had a bad game. The dude averaged more yards per game than any receiver last year, and he is absolutely an ELITE receiver. One of the best in the game IMO.

Everybody has a bad game every once in awhile.

How many years did this guy run routes for bad QBs, and he does little complaining. AJ is one of those guys I would never consider getting rid of unless I felt like his heart was no longer with the game, which I don't think is the case at all.

He dropped some balls today that he normally catches. It happens.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #30
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dunno.

Hell no. They are basically the same, except AJ is more of a physical freak and does not drop as many balls as Braylon. Braylon had a big season last season, but so did everyone on the Browns (Anderson, Lewis, etc.). Not looking like it this year.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #31
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Braylon has been a pass dropping fool so far this season....
Well, so what? IMO, AJ's been a pass dropping fool his entire career.
Old 09-21-2008   #32
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Owens DId good Heck i think he got more catches then AJ ..........
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #33
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not forget he is out of rhythm and did not really play at all in preseason and it's been 2 weeks since he played in game 1. With that said, those were very catchable passes(not easy, but catchable) and he did play subpar today. But he is entitled to that every now and again. He and MW, DR are proven commodities unlike everyone else.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #34
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, so what? IMO, AJ's been a pass dropping fool his entire career.
By this logic, Dallas needs to trade TO away.
Old 09-21-2008   #35
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
By this logic, Dallas needs to trade TO away.
hehe . . . well, I'm not normally all that high on statistics for comparison purposes . . . but I'm gonna start digging if you want to even go there with TO.
Old 09-21-2008   #36
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
hehe . . . well, I'm not normally all that high on statistics for comparison purposes . . . but I'm gonna start digging if you want to even go there with TO.
Ah good....then you understand the point I was making. TO drops, but also makes plays. Glad that's cleared up.
Old 09-21-2008   #37
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ah good....then you understand the point I was making. TO drops, but also makes plays. Glad that's cleared up.

Nice.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #38
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
About as clear as mud. If AJ made as many plays as TO, it would be clear . . . but you know it's not.
Old 09-21-2008   #39
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

TO has been in the league twice as long as Johnson and was on a winning SF team with Steve Young/ Jeff Garcia as his QBs, winning Eagles team with McNabb, and a winning Cowboy team with the media star Tony Homo.

Johnson has 6 seasons with QBs, David Carr and Matt Schaub and somehow still managed to be a Pro Bowler.
Old 09-21-2008   #40
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He made plays in SF and Philly and got traded.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read