Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2008   #21
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42996 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I feel sick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Everyone keeps throwing up the titans record right now since they are 3-0. I think they are going to suck it up once they have to play the Colts, Steelers, Jets, Bears and Vikings. I mean they have played the Texans, Bengals and jags. Look at the Jags today they barely beat a injured Colts team by one point. People on here are giving this Titans team too much praise. The Titans have a good defense and C. Johnson that is it.
Hmmm. Colts are 1-2, Steelers 2-1 and now banged up, the Bears 1-2, and the Vikings 1-2. The jets are 1-1 playing a desperate Charger team tomorrow too.

I'll take my chances. Guess if we beat most of them it's still the schedule, right?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #22
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I'm not buying that. I'm tired of excuses.

This team and coaching staff have to start showing signs of life. Kubiak just crapped out one of the most pathetic coaching performances I have ever seen. Schaub needs to be on the bench as punishment for his pathetic and heartless performance. Ahman Green should not accept one cent of the money he is being paid to sit his sorry ass on the bench. Who am I forgetting?

Go Texans! Beat the Jags!
I think Kubiak threw his balls in with that first red flag.
Old 09-22-2008   #23
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Hmmm. Colts are 1-2, Steelers 2-1 and now banged up, the Bears 1-2, and the Vikings 1-2. The jets are 1-1 playing a desperate Charger team tomorrow too.

I'll take my chances. Guess if we beat most of them it's still the schedule, right?
Your kidding me right? Most of those teams?? I almost willing to give you there Bears since they are pretty much the Titans of the NFC North right now. I would take a injured Colts team over the Titans any day of the week and Peterson is way better then MJD/Taylor. Steelers just lost to the 2nd best team in the NFC and are playing with a QB who is jacked and has a safety in Troy Polamalu who is just like Bob Sanders and is going to lay the hurt on Johnson/White.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #24
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13541 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
i miss watching a team that looks like it knows what it's doing
Hey, I think they know they're sucking.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #25
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't start this thread to say I'm out, but I'm just frustrated, that's all. I'm a Texans fan through and through...but man, it's hard. That's all. I hope these guys get better...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #26
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Ravens won a Super Bowl with a good defense and Jamal Lewis.....

Anyways, good game guys. Glad everyone came out of it ok. Hope everyone who made the trip returned safely.
The Bears from 2007 resemble the the 2001 Ravens with both having crazy defenses. Stokley is better then any WR the Titans have oh and Shannon Sharpe at TE.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #27
gunny
Go Titans

Funny, I thought you guys would be used to being one of the worst teams in the NFL...again.
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2008   #28
gunny
Go Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Your kidding me right? Most of those teams?? I almost willing to give you there Bears since they are pretty much the Titans of the NFC North right now. I would take a injured Colts team over the Titans any day of the week and Peterson is way better then MJD/Taylor. Steelers just lost to the 2nd best team in the NFC and are playing with a QB who is jacked and has a safety in Troy Polamalu who is just like Bob Sanders and is going to lay the hurt on Johnson/White.
Tell me, what was your prediction for the Texans this season?

I'll take my chances on someone who isn't a little upset at their team getting demolished again by the Titans.
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Anyways, good game guys. Glad everyone came out of it ok. Hope everyone who made the trip returned safely.
Thanks, man. Hopefully, we give you a better game next time.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #30
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Meh...Rockets' season opener is right around the corner, frankly that's all I'm looking forward to right now. As far as the Texans losing, it doesn't even phase me anymore, I'm desensitized to it now. I mean, honestly I was laughing through most of the game.......that's how bad we have sucked since this team came here, I'm now laughing at how horrible we are.

However, today was the game where I have officially started to question whether or not Kubiak can cut it as a NFL Head Coach......his coaching today was atrocious.....right on par with Schaub's QB play. If he just took the chip shot field goals his team would've been in position for a go ahead TD late in the 4th quarter and I don't even want to get into how pass happy he got on the 1 yard line with a QB that was obviously struggling.

I'm no longer going to get emotionally invested in this team.....I mean I'll still watch and post here, but frankly.....I don't really give a crap anymore and I'm not going to stick my neck out for this team anymore...they need to get their crap together and start looking looking like a NFL caliber team.

Basically they're going to have to prove to me that they deserve my all out fandom...If they aren't going to give a 100%, neither am I.

P.S.

Did I mention the Rockets season is right around the corner...with Ron Artest good or bad, it should atleast be exciting.......could be special.
So are you saying that it wasnt Carr's fault and that there are other problems? Hmmm I recall a different tune just last year.
Please dont bail now stick with the team and dont loose hope, the time will come... we will get our turn.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #31
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 38 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
At least we havent drafted a WR with our top 10 pick 5 straight years...
We have however drafted a D-Lineman four out of the last five. Does that count. Mario is a beast & the jury is out on Amobi, so I guess that's ok.

The Lions could count Roy Williams & CJ as good players, so maybe they should feel OK too.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historyhorn View Post
We have however drafted a D-Lineman four out of the last five. Does that count. Mario is a beast & the jury is out on Amobi, so I guess that's ok.

The Lions could count Roy Williams & CJ as good players, so maybe they should feel OK too.

Go Texans
the Titans ran 36 or so times and the DT's had one combined tackle....if you can call one tackle a combination of tackles. Right now Okoye is a bust till proven otherwise.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #33
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish we would stop trying to draft DL. We are 1 for 10 as far as I'm concerned on DL decisions. Mario is the only bright spot. Why did we cut Maddox?

Anyway, maybe we should create a new defensive scheme called the 1-6. Mario lined up against all the OL and then 6 linebackers. Can't do any worse than we've already got
Old 09-22-2008   #34
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
So are you saying that it wasnt Carr's fault and that there are other problems? Hmmm I recall a different tune just last year.
Please dont bail now stick with the team and dont loose hope, the time will come... we will get our turn.
What "different tune" last year......I never blamed everything on Carr, just said he was a "MAJOR PROBLEM"....and he was. Even as crappy as Schaub has played....he's still better than Carr.

As far as "bailing" I'm not bailing, I'm just not going to go all out for this team anymore, after 7 years of craptastic football I'm kinda spent....mentally and financially. I'll still watch every Sunday, but as far as filling my gas tank, driving downtown, paying 8 bucks for something to eat, and 7 dollars a beer.....I'm cutting back on that. You know, my "entertainment dollors", this team hasn't been very "entertaining" so far this year....Kubiak and company need to turn things around fast.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-22-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
Tell me, what was your prediction for the Texans this season?
9-7, oh BTW, I had us starting the season at 1-4.....
Old 09-22-2008   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
9-7, oh BTW, I had us starting the season at 1-4.....
you probably thought we would be competitive though. Only 4 teams in the NFL have given up more points than us and we are the only team that has only played two games other than the Ravens who have given up 20 total points to our 70.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
you probably thought we would be competitive though. Only 4 teams in the NFL have given up more points than us and we are the only team that has only played two games other than the Ravens who have given up 20 total points to our 70.
Actually, not against Pittsburgh. I saw us being pummeled in that game (although I talked the talk).....Tennessee? yes, I thought it would be a much closer game. I'm just not willing to throw the towel in yet. Whether the games were competitive or not, doesn't matter much to me. There are no points for moral victories.

I don't think for one second that JAX will take this week of practice and look past the Texans. I don't think that they think we are as bad as we've shown.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read