Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I feel sick...

I DESPISE having this same feeling week after week after week. I know it's only the second game, but why is this team the same? Always. The same. They get manhandles, show a couple of flashes, then get manhandled. Playcalling was horrible and Schaub needs to sit. His head is spinning right now. Man, I'm so frustrated....
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #2
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I feel sick...

I think someone need a hug!

Seriously though, I hate this feeling too. Actually I was expecting a loss, that can't be good if a homer Texans fan think they would lose before they even play the game.... especially to the Titans.

I hate to say this but... welcome to Detroit, Texas.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

Seriously though, I hate this feeling too. Actually I was expecting a loss, that can't be good if a homer Texans fan think they would lose before they even play the game.... especially to the Titans.

Arizona's warmer... and if you do end up puking, do it on the other side of the empty bandwagon.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #4
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think the Texans look terrible now, you've obviously not seen the Rams play this year. Holy crap, do they ever suck.

Sure wish the Texans were in the NFC West...
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #5
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
I DESPISE having this same feeling week after week after week. I know it's only the second game, but why is this team the same? Always. The same. They get manhandles, show a couple of flashes, then get manhandled. Playcalling was horrible and Schaub needs to sit. His head is spinning right now. Man, I'm so frustrated....
I feel that way I am just gonna go outside clean the pool and let it soak for 24 hours and it gets better by Wednesday.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #6
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans from Bob McNair down to the ball boys need to be embarrassed about themselves and how they embarrassed this town when a lift would have been nice. If things continue as they are, we are a 2-4 win ballclub at best.

The players by and large are deficient, the coaching is terrible, what is there not to like.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on guys both of the teams we played are going to be 3-0 and we just had our "buy week" due to a huricane that hit our city...lets ease up a little.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

To make myself feel worse .... I'm gonna watch the Cowpies today.

Maybe Aaron Rodgers will continue to look like the second coming of Favre and make me eat some crow ..... but if its at the expense of the Cowpies I'll gladly do so.

Until then .... I'm goin back to the NSZ :mshadows:

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #9
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i miss watching a team that looks like it knows what it's doing
Old 09-21-2008   #10
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

At least we havent drafted a WR with our top 10 pick 5 straight years...
Old 09-21-2008   #11
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts lose at home, that eases the pain a little.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #12
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Colts lose at home, that eases the pain a little.
Why is that? Now we're the worst team in the AFC South.... well, we should be use to that anyways.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is that? Now we're the worst team in the AFC South.... well, we should be use to that anyways.
If we beat the Jags, we'll at least be tied for 2nd place in the division.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #14
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10016 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone keeps throwing up the titans record right now since they are 3-0. I think they are going to suck it up once they have to play the Colts, Steelers, Jets, Bears and Vikings. I mean they have played the Texans, Bengals and jags. Look at the Jags today they barely beat a injured Colts team by one point. People on here are giving this Titans team too much praise. The Titans have a good defense and C. Johnson that is it.
LonerATO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Everyone keeps throwing up the titans record right now since they are 3-0. I think they are going to suck it up once they have to play the Colts, Steelers, Jets, Bears and Vikings. I mean they have played the Texans, Bengals and jags. Look at the Jags today they barely beat a injured Colts team by one point. People on here are giving this Titans team too much praise. The Titans have a good defense and C. Johnson that is it.
true but that is the way Jeff Fisher likes it
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #16
DeepSteelBlue
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Come on guys both of the teams we played are going to be 3-0 and we just had our "buy week" due to a huricane that hit our city...lets ease up a little.
You've gotta learn to play with the big boys if you're gonna make it in the NFL. Right now, this team couldn't make it in the minor leagues of arena football.
DeepSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh...Rockets' season opener is right around the corner, frankly that's all I'm looking forward to right now. As far as the Texans losing, it doesn't even phase me anymore, I'm desensitized to it now. I mean, honestly I was laughing through most of the game.......that's how bad we have sucked since this team came here, I'm now laughing at how horrible we are.

However, today was the game where I have officially started to question whether or not Kubiak can cut it as a NFL Head Coach......his coaching today was atrocious.....right on par with Schaub's QB play. If he just took the chip shot field goals his team would've been in position for a go ahead TD late in the 4th quarter and I don't even want to get into how pass happy he got on the 1 yard line with a QB that was obviously struggling.

I'm no longer going to get emotionally invested in this team.....I mean I'll still watch and post here, but frankly.....I don't really give a crap anymore and I'm not going to stick my neck out for this team anymore...they need to get their crap together and start looking looking like a NFL caliber team.

Basically they're going to have to prove to me that they deserve my all out fandom...If they aren't going to give a 100%, neither am I.

P.S.

Did I mention the Rockets season is right around the corner...with Ron Artest good or bad, it should atleast be exciting.......could be special.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-22-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I'm not buying that. I'm tired of excuses.

This team and coaching staff have to start showing signs of life. Kubiak just crapped out one of the most pathetic coaching performances I have ever seen. Schaub needs to be on the bench as punishment for his pathetic and heartless performance. Ahman Green should not accept one cent of the money he is being paid to sit his sorry ass on the bench. Who am I forgetting?

Go Texans! Beat the Jags!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #19
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
this made me feel better

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #20
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Ravens won a Super Bowl with a good defense and Jamal Lewis.....

Anyways, good game guys. Glad everyone came out of it ok. Hope everyone who made the trip returned safely.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read