Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2004   #1
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl
Default So what does everyone think about our chances with the Jags this week???

Just curious what everyone thinks this week...I'm pretty nervous about this one...Watching the jags play lately they look like their on fire...They almost took the steelers also...And the way we've been playing it seems we've stepped backwards instead of forwards...Don't get me wrong i will stand by my Texans, but they still didn't seem like they played 100% yesterday despite winning...The Bears knew they played bad also, but the Jags aren't the Bears...Their a good team....I just hope we can pull this off a second time...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #2
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

The offensive line will need to do a much better job protecting David Carr. They should be made aware that not only playing time but employment with the Texans is on the line if they are unable to protect Carr. The Bears were able to apply pressure up the middle, which makes any QB ineffective. If the Bears could bring the pressure up the middle, guess what Jacksonville is going to do against the Texans. Stroud and Henderson are licking their chops when watching game film on McKinney, Pitts and Washington.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have to favor the Jaguars by a small margin because of home field advantage. And they are playing well. But not by much. I think the Texans can score some points against them IF they protect Carr.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
...Don't get me wrong i will stand by my Texans, but they still didn't seem like they played 100% yesterday despite winning...
What do you mean by that?

Are you saying that it looked like they weren't giving 100% effort?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
What do you mean by that?

Are you saying that it looked like they weren't giving 100% effort?
I think he means that we didn't give a good offensive performance despite the final score.

Penalties, line break down, dropped passes, etc.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I give us about a 40-45% chance of winning the game. We win this and 8-8 is a near certainty.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...I'm pretty nervous about this one...Watching the jags play lately they look like their on fire...
It's funny that so many Texan fans undersell their teams chances and hype the opposition. The Jags put their jock on one leg at a time. They beat the Bears at home by 19 a week ago, the Texans beat the Bears on the road by 19 yesterday. That was a big win for the Jags yesterday, but the Pack has been Jekyll and Hyde at home all season. That was their 4th loss at Lambeau this year.

The Texans beat up the Jags so badly in week 8, they left town crying about dirty play. The Jags crying about dirty play. I don't think Gaffney drops the ball before crossing the goal line this time. I don't think AJ fumbles in FG range, either. The defense is playing better than they have all season. So is Domanick. I'm not nervous at all, I'm looking forward to an AFC South war. And the Texans are one team that won't back down to the Jags' bully tatics.
Old 12-20-2004   #8
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I think Jonathan Wells should be the man for this game. We need his big self to plow his way through guys for every inch possible.....that's just me though..
Old 12-20-2004   #9
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
I think Jonathan Wells should be the man for this game. We need his big self to plow his way through guys for every inch possible.....that's just me though..
I actually like the combo method...Rotating between the 2 so it gives them a break to rest and come back full strength each time one plays rather then being exhausted ...
Old 12-20-2004   #10
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Oh yeah....no doubt but with Wells getting the bulk of the carries is what I mean...
Old 12-20-2004   #11
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
Oh yeah....no doubt but with Wells getting the bulk of the carries is what I mean...
True, i still liked that 1st game against the Titans we played when Wells plowed through the Titans defense running the ball...He made a great performance that day...
Old 12-20-2004   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
I think he means that we didn't give a good offensive performance despite the final score.

Penalties, line break down, dropped passes, etc.
Well, if that's the case, I agree. I don't give them much chance of beating the Jags, despite beating them earlier this season. The OL has deteriorated since then, and Carr's loss of confidence in them shows in many ways.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jaguars are fighting like hell for the last playoff spot. They will no doubt be pumped up for this game. Texans should be relaxed with nothing to lose, this could work to our advantage.

The offensive line better protect Carr because I'm sure Del Rio is instructing his players to injure him and end his career.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True, i still liked that 1st game against the Titans we played when Wells plowed through the Titans defense running the ball...He made a great performance that day...
Wells was 3.3 ypc on the day. Clearly that was much better than the 2nd game where DD was 17 carries for 129--let's even take out the 41 yard run--that would be 88 yards on 16 carries for 5.5 ypc.
Old 12-20-2004   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
I actually like the combo method...Rotating between the 2 so it gives them a break to rest and come back full strength each time one plays rather then being exhausted ...
Like I said in a DD post. Wells is a GREAT third down back.

But being my OSU boy, I think he'd be better off going else where and starting. I'd hate to see him go, but.....

As far as the game, our key points:
1. Protect Carr
2. No stupid penalties
3. Throw the ball (see #1)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans played one of their better games of the year against the Jags earlier this year. Aside from last year's game when we started Ragone and Hollings, the Texans have been able to game plan pretty effectively against them. It will be difficult to come out of there with a win but it's certainly possible if the defense continues to play the way they have the last 7 quarters and the offensive line plays their best game.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #17
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
The offensive line better protect Carr because I'm sure Del Rio is instructing his players to injure him and end his career.
Yeah I'm so sure he is.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #18
MichaelMC
Rookie

I agree O-line steps up and Defence stays strong, we win. I'd like to see d-Rob with two INT's this week.

GO D-ROB (just had to thow that in)
MichaelMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #19
Doug
All Pro

I say Carr lights into the O Lines rear before the game even starts and hope the productivity is just as good after he did it in the Chicago game. LOL I thought that was too funny to pass up.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #20
Doug
All Pro

This game will definitely revolve around our O Lines effectiveness. IMO
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read