Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default This hurts worse than the Steelers loss

Because it always hurts worse when your team teases you by letting you think they're gonna win then pulling the rug out from under you. We had more chances to win than I can count and we never took advantage of them. Big plays for us were cancelled out and then some by bad plays right after.

But that's always been the status quo for Houston pro football...

Get your fans excited and then crush their hopes before they even knew what happened
Old 09-21-2008   #2
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This hurts worse than the Steelers loss

Not quite, alot of questions were answer with this game.... I just hope McNair doesn't waste time like he did with the last regime.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Big daddy, buckle up, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Once again, they beat us all day long at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Considering that and some of Schuab's screw ups, I'd say they did really well to even have a sliver of a chance at the end.

We need more size and brute strength on both sides of the line....ZBS or not. Good teams crush us right up the middle.

Off the top of my head, hats off to Slaton, Diles, and Williams. Thats where all the guts were for us today.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This hurts worse than the Steelers loss

Of course it does .... its Buds team .... Did I mention I'd like to kick Bud in the nads ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

RJ you should become Catholic Priest.
Old 09-21-2008   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

thing that stuck out with me in this game. was a key situation in the 4thand Kearse blew buy everyone and got a sack..

I have yet to see that kind of thing with the Texans

I am not knocking on the defense in the 2nd half.. I was thinking how nice it would be to have that confidence that a defensive group that something special would happen

today was an example of how competitive the NFL is and with coaching..

a couple of drops here gives us 8 points, a challenge or two swings it another 7 and so on.. I am not making excuses , just saying we got to play smart
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #8
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this may sound crazy, but this season feels earily similar to 2005's 2-14 season.

Opening game - Blowout by Steelers
Quarterback - Looking lost and shellshocked

It sucked bad enough not being able to watch the game. But listening to that abomination of a game on the radio was awful... I should've just read the box score after the game. Seems like a good thing I wasn't able to afford season tickets this year.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
thing that stuck out with me in this game. was a key situation in the 4thand Kearse blew buy everyone and got a sack..
That was on Winston. Winston was just totally out of position and Kearse went right by him.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read