Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #21
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In The Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Yeah, I saw that, too. I'm really certain now that our DC has no idea of what he's doing.
Everyone wants to see the defense do something exotic - what is more exotic than the reverse blitz? Take the team's best (only) pass rusher and drop him into coverage. It is a very rare play - enjoy it when you have the opportunity to see it.
Old 09-21-2008   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Offensively I think our biggest problem is the center position being dominated on a consistant basis.

Defensively .... I really think its a scheme issue , their pressure packages are not very well disguised thus easily picked up.
Casey Hampton and Albert Haynesworth with John Henderson coming up.

Why look at that 3 All-pro caliber DT's and our Center looks like he can't handle himself and we all wonder why.
Old 09-21-2008   #23
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

Why look at that 3 All-pro caliber DT's and our Center looks like he can't handle himself and we all wonder why.
If this is an "on the brink of the play-offs" team* as many fans claim, the players and the team as a whole should be able to compete with anyone. Just because they aren't the best player/team on the field doesn't mean they should be dominated so much of the time.

* I didn't think they were. Too many of the same holes as always with no real improvement.
Old 09-21-2008   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Are D line is good at best and was putting pressure IMO

its just are seconday is horrid ....

but are Dline is muccchhhh muchhhh better then are O LINE
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

Yep , they came up against top flight competition .... and in the AFC South they are gonna see Fat Albert and Henderson twice a year .... Those guy's are expected to make plays ..... They just seem to make an awful lot of plays against the Texans.

Looking at the types of defenses the Texans will face at least 25% of the season and in 50% of their divisional games they would be better suited with a ....dare I say .... Cowbow's type O-line and scheme .... Road grader type guy's rather than the ZBS and smaller more agile linemen.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #26
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looking at the types of defenses the Texans will face at least 25% of the season and in 50% of their divisional games they would be better suited with a ....dare I say .... Cowbow's type O-line and scheme .... Road grader type guy's rather than the ZBS and smaller more agile linemen.
The Cowboys that Jimmy Johnson built was I get 4-5 yards a pop and there's nothing you can do about it . The only thing that stopped them was Jerrah ,
Old 09-22-2008   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I noticed that also . The Titans DL looks like it's shot out of a cannon sometimes .
Some of that (I think) is the DEs moving sideways out away from the OTs right before the ball is snapped and then rushing in when it is snapped. Our OTs did not handle that tactic well at all. I'm not sure I agree that that tactic should be allowed when the OTs can't move at all until the ball is snapped, but whatever. As long as they can do it, we need our OTs to learn to handle it.

My point is they were moving before the ball was snapped, but not across the line. It made it look like they were super quick off the ball. Regardless, it worked way too well for them.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read