Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2008   #81
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Start Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
But sometimes, we see a struggling QB who has lost the confidence of his WRs
Dang, DB I'm not flaming you but - I call BS...

AJ just missed decent balls thrown to him (as did Walter). I would venture to say and bet my season tickets that he in no way, has a personal agenda.. That's an insult to AJ who has never conducted himself in anyway but as a professional...
Old 09-22-2008   #82
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dang, DB I'm not flaming you but - I call BS...

AJ just missed decent balls thrown to him (as did Walter). I would venture to say and bet my season tickets that he in no way, has a personal agenda.. That's an insult to AJ who has never conducted himself in anyway but as a professional...
I didn't mean to imply that there was any personal agenda involved (I think you are reading and assuming too much in my points). But, I saw a lot of balls thrown into tight coverage yesterday, and Schaub appears to be locking onto receivers. He's certainly not making his reads like he has in the past, so the losing confidence part is purely one that would be subconscious on the part of AJ. It was just last week that AJ said he was getting tired of this crap, so perhaps he's just lost confidence in the team itself to put out a competitive product, and Schaub is just part of that overall attitude.

I've got the highest respect for AJ, and consider him to be a top 5 WR in the NFL. That being said, c'mon, he' dropped two balls in the endzone. He's either regressing, or something is in his head. I do not think that he's losing ability, so you tell me why he's dropping those balls? Just a "bad game"? He's one of the few great talents we have on this team. Meanwhile, our QB has a rating of 25. You tell me what's going on.
Old 09-22-2008   #83
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the over under for the "Bring Back David Carr" threads?!
Old 09-22-2008   #84
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I'm putting posts at 25, threads at 3.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #85
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Start Sage!

Quote:
The admins will immediately ban that poster.
Old 09-22-2008   #86
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The admins will immediately ban that poster.
Nooooo please! I made a mistake!
Old 09-22-2008   #87
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Nooooo please! I made a mistake!
LOL! No, not you. You just asked the question. The thread creator is the one I'm talking about. His account would be nuked by sundown.
Old 09-22-2008   #88
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply that there was any personal agenda involved (I think you are reading and assuming too much in my points). But, I saw a lot of balls thrown into tight coverage yesterday, and Schaub appears to be locking onto receivers. He's certainly not making his reads like he has in the past, so the losing confidence part is purely one that would be subconscious on the part of AJ. It was just last week that AJ said he was getting tired of this crap, so perhaps he's just lost confidence in the team itself to put out a competitive product, and Schaub is just part of that overall attitude.

I've got the highest respect for AJ, and consider him to be a top 5 WR in the NFL. That being said, c'mon, he' dropped two balls in the endzone. He's either regressing, or something is in his head. I do not think that he's losing ability, so you tell me why he's dropping those balls? Just a "bad game"? He's one of the few great talents we have on this team. Meanwhile, our QB has a rating of 25. You tell me what's going on.
I think you touched on something with the bolded part... I htink there was something in a lot of players' (and coaches) heads' yesterday... Just throwing out a little 'point, counterpoint'

Quote:
BOoooooooo!!! Lifetime

Old 09-22-2008   #89
Nawzer
Alienz

Quote:
LOL! No, not you. You just asked the question. The thread creator is the one I'm talking about. His account would be nuked by sundown.

Hehe. I know. I'm just trying to have some fun!
Old 09-22-2008   #90
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think you touched on something with the bolded part... I htink there was something in a lot of players' (and coaches) heads' yesterday... Just throwing out a little 'point, counterpoint'
yeah, I know, bro'. We fans are in the same boat, and we have to keep it as objective as possible without tearing each other apart. It's just frustrating to see, but we all share that pain.
Old 09-22-2008   #91
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13541 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe AJ's been chopping up broken tree limbs too?
I know my hands ache.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #92
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I think Schaub will tear it up next game in Jax (with a Texans win), and everyone will turn around. I say he probably throws for an INT, but gets 2 or 3 TDs and Slaton gets over 100 yards.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #93
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Honestly, I think Schaub will tear it up next game in Jax (with a Texans win).
Wha?!
Old 09-25-2008   #94
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147190 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Found this in the Faux Sports power rankings and found it .... not so funny.

Quote:
Remember when QB Matt Schaub was lighting up the scoreboard before getting injured toward the end of the '07 season? Where is that guy now? He looks to be a shell of himself, and he's starting to get that shell-shocked look that David Carr used to have in H-town

Its the number 8 I tell ya.

Quote:
COOL STAT: Schaub was sacked just 16 times in 11 starts in '07, but has been dropped eight times in two games this season.

Schaub has looked a lttle .... well a lot uncomfortable in the pocket ... and out this season .... and reminded one of HWWNBM more often than not.

Faux Sports has the Texans ranked 27th above only the Bungles , Al's Raiders , the Sheep .... I mean Rams , the Indian Reservation better known as the Chiefs and Kittens err Lions.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008   #95
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Sage doesn't have the arm Schaub has, but he is accurate and for the most part, mistake-free. Not to mention, quicker feet and quicker release.

Start Sage please!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read