Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #41
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Start Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I already told you, that doesn't count.
Hush, grown folks are talking.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #42
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok Ill say this Give him one more week If he does bad in the first 2 Quarters

then put in sage by halftime .......

I think Matt wrote his own case by throwing like 3 INT and put the nail in the coffin at the end

i was a strong Matt supporter BUT i also never wanted David carr to leave IMO he left a year 2 early
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm at the point right now where I'm not calling for Sage to start.

But I wouldn't be unhappy seeing him start, either.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #44
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Also i think the number 8 Jersey Is cursed !!!!!!! seriously !!!!!!!!

anyway does anyone got the NUmber to david carr .... im dead serious lets make a trade and it will be just like the ol days LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #45
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm at the point right now where I'm not calling for Sage to start.

But I wouldn't be unhappy seeing him start, either.
I am just tired of drafting #1.

Old 09-21-2008   #46
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

The part that bothers me is that Sage hasn't done anything since becoming a Texan to NOT get the start. He almost brought us back from behind twice against the Titans. Once for Carr and once for Schaub. Not to mention his 4-1 record as a starter for us. I just don't want to see the powers that be keep Schaub in simply because he's expensive. We know how well that worked out with Carr.

I want to know if the situation arises, Kube will pull the trigger. Keeping a QB in a game that is obviously struggling feels like a surrender. I'm not sure Sage doesn't mount a comeback today if given the chance.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #47
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't see Kubes starting Sage over Schaub unless there's an injury. He never benched Mr. Mittens when he played piss poor either. If we didn't give up so much to get Schaub I could see him starting Sage but 2 2nd round picks have already been used to acquire Mr. Schaub's services.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #48
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I really don't see Kubes starting Sage over Schaub unless there's an injury. He never benched Mr. Mittens when he played piss poor either.

There wasn't anyone else to start, because Sage had broke his hand on a special team play.

If we didn't give up so much to get Schaub I could see him starting Sage but 2 2nd round picks have already been used to acquire Mr. Schaub's services.
I don't care what we gave up you put in the best player, if he gives you the best chance to win.

Last edited by Bull Pen 1; 09-21-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #49
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
I don't care what we gave up you put in the best player, if he gives you the best chance to win.
This is the typical cpt going down with his ship move. If he benches Schaub for Sage and Sage performs he will look like a fool for waisting 2 picks for Schaub.

Like Capers, Kubiaks ego is too large to be wrong about his QB choice.

Old 09-21-2008   #50
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know Sage was injured for awhile that season but there were a lot of games earlier in the season where Carr completely sucked but he never put Sage in.

I'm with you on putting the player out there that give you the best chance to win. Unfortunately we gave up too much for Schaub to give up on him. I'd rather give Sage a start but as stated before Kubes would look like a moron for giving up what we did for a backup QB. He made his bed now he (and us) have to lie in it.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #51
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

The next game if Schaub is having another bad game and he isn't replaced in the second half. I will be selling my tickets until things change.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #52
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The next game if Schaub is having another bad game and he isn't replaced in the second half. I will be selling my tickets until things change.
I'll buy them for a dollar
Old 09-21-2008   #53
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
The part that bothers me is that Sage hasn't done anything since becoming a Texan to NOT get the start. He almost brought us back from behind twice against the Titans. Once for Carr and once for Schaub. Not to mention his 4-1 record as a starter for us. I just don't want to see the powers that be keep Schaub in simply because he's expensive. We know how well that worked out with Carr.
i agree mostly but sage did stink it up v the colts last year
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #54
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i agree mostly but sage did stink it up v the colts last year
Yea maybe it's easy to remember Sage's good games more than the bad ones because he's usually coming in as a savior, but I'm a little biased. I've always though he should be given the chance to win the job. I feel he's never really been given the chance to win or lose the job and the two starters we've had never could lose the job.

If Sage isn't the starter, I just want to know that Kube will make the change if it's necessary is all.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #55
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub rarely seems ready at kickoff ,so yes start Sage and bring in Schaub if needed.
Old 09-21-2008   #56
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can only imagine how you must feel. Lots of money spent on psl's, tickets, and a long drive to the stadium (when playing at Reliant).

I get frustrated watching the ineptitude of this team and it cost me nothing but a little couch time.

I must confess though...I didn't watch this abomination today as it was my first chance in a week to get out, go to church and then out to eat.

I think I enjoyed my day much better than if I had watched.

It's very hard to maintain my fandom right now for my teams of choice.

Old 09-21-2008   #57
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
This is the typical cpt going down with his ship move. If he benches Schaub for Sage and Sage performs he will look like a fool for waisting 2 picks for Schaub.

Like Capers, Kubiaks ego is too large to be wrong about his QB choice.
That's just BS. If that was true, the Browns would have started Brady Quinn last year, Tarvaris Jackson would still be starting for the Vikings, VY would be starting for the Titans, and Alex Smith would still be starting for the Niners. EDIT: I forgot about Leinart, too.

The coach's job is to win games and although he might have a grace period his first year or two, after that, he's got to win or he's going to be fired. Kubiak knows that. After his first year (when he can use the Rebuilding card to keep his job), he's got to put the guys on the field that give him the best chance to win and if he doesn't do that, he should be fired.

When Schaub is playing well, he's more talented and a better QB than Sage. Hands down. No competition.

But right now, Schaub isn't playing well.

So Kubiak has to evaluate who's going to give him the better chance to win. Is Schaub's bad play something he can play out of or is it something that requires a change? Every QB has bad games and bad stretches of games even good ones. Is this one of those stretches? Or is it time to go with a calmer head in the pocket?

That's Kubiak's choice right now.

And he knows it.

Last edited by The Pencil Neck; 09-21-2008 at 11:59 PM.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #58
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I know Sage was injured for awhile that season but there were a lot of games earlier in the season where Carr completely sucked but he never put Sage in.

I'm with you on putting the player out there that give you the best chance to win. Unfortunately we gave up too much for Schaub to give up on him. I'd rather give Sage a start but as stated before Kubes would look like a moron for giving up what we did for a backup QB. He made his bed now he (and us) have to lie in it.
FTR, Kubiak benched Carr in the first Titans game, aka the beginning of the end. Did it at the half.

Then against the Jets, Rosenfels broke his hand making a special teams tackle.

If you benched QBs when they struggle, you are going to be benching lots of QBs. It's a big choice to make. And harder when there are other factors, like dropped passes.
Old 09-22-2008   #59
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Sage starts, i bet we'd we win the next 2......

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #60
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to win. I don't care how much we gave up for Schaub. If Sage can give us a better chance to win I say start him. Come on Kubiak, don't be dumb.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read