Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #21
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Start Sage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
I think Sage has more air on his ball than Schaub does when throwing the long ball. Schaub needs to hit the weight room more because he's going to get sacked all season with this crappy OL we have.
I wouldn't say that we have a crappy OLine. Two sacks and over 100 yards rushing for Slaton against the second ranked D. They had 8 sacks in two games.

Schaub standing there with deer in the head light look is what the problem is.

I think Schaub still suffering from the concussion he got during the Steeler game but doesn't want to say anything cus he is Mr. Glass and doesn't want to confirm it.

Haynsworth calls you out and your response is you will let your play speak for itself and thats how you come out and play?

You failed.

Next.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #22
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Yes, Schaub played awful.. but the playcalling was absolutely terrible..
Old 09-21-2008   #23
RosenfelsIsMyQB
Rookie

Been wanting Sage to be our starter since last season...

Does my screen name say it enough?
RosenfelsIsMyQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #24
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosenfelsIsMyQB View Post
Been wanting Sage to be our starter since last season...

Does my screen name say it enough?
Yes... yes it does.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #25
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one complaint thread that I think I can get on board with. I don't know what's wrong with Schaub, but he's getting that deer in the headlights look that we're so familiar with. Only difference is he throws up (bad) prayers instead of running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I started it first!
This is a repost of a post I made at the beginning of the game thread:

GET SCHAUB OUT OF THERE. HE HAS DEVELOPED THE DAVID CARR SYNDROME! (It's been evident to all those who choose to be honest throughout the preseason and into the regular season)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #27
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I may stew on this for 24 hours and then state a position. Schaub is under the gun.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #28
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree schaub had a (very) bad day but..

the o-line got mauled and we had alot of (huge) drops.. schaub isnt as bad as we're going to make out this week. he needs to step it up though

and just one last thing, v the titans D

week 3: matt schaub 17/37 188 yards, 0 tds, 3 turnovers (3 ints), 12 points (plus another 10 left on the field at least)

week 2: carson palmer 16/27, 134 yds, 0 tds, 3 turnovers (2 ints, 1 fumble lost), 7 points scored

week 1: david garrard 23/35, 215 yds, 1 td, 3 turnovers (2 ints, 1 fumble lost), 10 points scored

maybe its not just schaub
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #29
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

You know.. I wanted Schaub to pick up that number 7 ever since we got rid of Stanley... bad move keeping #8, now he has the Carr Curse. Next year you'll see him on a different team as a back-up with twin white gloves.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #30
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I'm starting to think it's better to go with Sage...draft a young guy from College and let him watch Sage for a season or two...

This is from a person who backed Carr...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #31
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't say that we have a crappy OLine. Two sacks and over 100 yards rushing for Slaton against the second ranked D. They had 8 sacks in two games.

Schaub standing there with deer in the head light look is what the problem is.

I think Schaub still suffering from the concussion he got during the Steeler game but doesn't want to say anything cus he is Mr. Glass and doesn't want to confirm it.

Haynsworth calls you out and your response is you will let your play speak for itself and thats how you come out and play?

You failed.

Next.
yeah the line was fine
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #32
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This is a repost of a post I made at the beginning of the game thread:

GET SCHAUB OUT OF THERE. HE HAS DEVELOPED THE DAVID CARR SYNDROME! (It's been evident to all those who choose to be honest throughout the preseason and into the regular season)
Yes but yours is a post and not a thread, I meant I started the thread for this game first.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #33
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes but yours is a post and not a thread, I meant I started the thread for this game first.
I already told you, that doesn't count.
Old 09-21-2008   #34
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Scaubs stats for the year thru 2 games

TD 1 passing and 1 rushing
int 5
sacks 7
fumbles 1

TERRIBLE

corrected I forgot about the rushing td

As you said still terrible!!!!!

Last edited by Bull Pen 1; 09-21-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #35
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Somebody's mad...
Old 09-21-2008   #36
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I'm starting to think it's better to go with Sage...draft a young guy from College and let him watch Sage for a season or two...

This is from a person who backed Carr...
Spot on dude. Exactly what I was thinking.

Guys forget about those 2 2nd rounders, those draft has already past and now everything is reseted. We have draft picks 1-7 in 09. Matt's contract is suppose to be cap friendly just in case it doesn't work out. I'm just glad we got rid of McNair's golden boy, that alone made the trade worth every pennies.

Dare I start a Stafford/Tebow '09 thread?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #37
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
Scaubs stats for the year thru 2 games

TD 1
int 5
sacks 7
fumbles 1

TERRIBLE
2 TDs (1 rush)

Still horrible.
Old 09-21-2008   #38
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas game, Schaub looked bad, Steeler game, looked bad, Titan game, looked bad.....Schaub and coaches get this loss. Whoever is in the booth needs glasses. The catch and TD weren't. How do you not tell Kube to challenge?
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #39
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Sign me up. We've seen this movie before and it doesn't end well. Schaub looks decent against a soft D, but crumbles under pressure (which he sees a lot of in the AFC South). Sage is gonna throw picks too, but he also makes big plays. Schaub doesn't take care of the ball or give us a big play threat, even with AJ. This season is still a long ways from being lost, I think we should hand the reigns to Sage and see what he can do for us.

Schaub had decent protection, a running game, and a defense/ST that gave him decent field position for the majority of the game. He squandered it.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #40
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6653 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Start Alex Brink!
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read