Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #21
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is an *****

the only person who needs to be fired is richard smith.
Old 09-21-2008   #22
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I still believe we are a year away.
Again.
Old 09-21-2008   #23
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Again.
Yeah it sucks. I still believe we could make the playoffs due to how weak the AFC South is, but I don't expect us to do much if we do.
Old 09-21-2008   #24
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Davis is talented as well

The play calling is suspect right now. The first series of the third quarter was three run plays versus the Titans front four is just silly. The screen pass at 5 min to go in the third was confusing on 3 down. No room to run nothing open and it was not disguised what so ever.

Is this because of how Matt looked in the first quarter or just normal scheming?
Old 09-21-2008   #25
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Is this because of how Matt looked in the first quarter or just normal scheming?
I think so.
Old 09-21-2008   #26
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Andre Davis is talented as well

The play calling is suspect right now. The first series of the third quarter was three run plays versus the Titans front four is just silly. The screen pass at 5 min to go in the third was confusing on 3 down. No room to run nothing open and it was not disguised what so ever.

my thing was 8 or 9 in the box and we still ran it.. the announcers were even commenting on it that the Texans don't audible out of bad plays
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #27
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have won this game, bad bag coaching
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #28
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
my thing was 8 or 9 in the box and we still ran it.. the announcers were even commenting on it that the Texans don't audible out of bad plays
Yeah passing it twice in that situation was just stupid. Sometimes I think Kubiak tries to be a little too creative.

Last edited by Ckw; 09-21-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2008   #29
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

2:00 minute warning.... run the ball, clock start going. Kubbbbbbbbbiak.... Kubbbbbbbbbbiak....
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #30
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

NVM he is not worth it.

I would love to see more screen passes on third and especially 4th down. They work wonderfully.
Old 09-21-2008   #31
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak sucks as much as his qb
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #32
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardTexanFan View Post
Things stay the same. We are still the laughing stock of the NFL.
Yep, makes it real hard to go to work the next day. Especially when you're surrounded by ********* cow puta fans. Man, Corpus sucks.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #33
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Yep, that's on Schaub. Or don't tell me he's not allowed to audible to pass plays. Really. Don't. I might have to give up sports. I'm sick of that kind of crap.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #34
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree esp when we stopped them from making a TD in the red zone when they ran it i dont think they got that TD

But fire Kubiak No wayyyy !!!!!! its only wk 3 and who will take is place no one that much better IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #35
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Duh, Fisher is a better coach than Kubiak. Doesn't mean Kubiak needs to be fired.

Kubiak didn't drop any td passes, didn't throw the int, and he's not a sack artist. He made a bad challenge and bad call on 3rd and inches.
Is that all you saw? What about running on first down and getting to the 1, throwing on 2nd and 3rd down, and then running again on 4th? What about throwing on 3rd and inches? You hear that-HE CALLED A F&^%$#G PASS PLAY ON 3RD AND INCHES!!! I've been a big Kubiak supporter, but he called some horrible plays today that cost the team bigtime. He really needs to reevaluate himself.
Old 09-21-2008   #36
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Is that all you saw? What about running on first down and getting to the 1, throwing on 2nd and 3rd down, and then running again on 4th? What about throwing on 3rd and inches? You hear that-HE CALLED A F&^%$#G PASS PLAY ON 3RD AND INCHES!!! I've been a big Kubiak supporter, but he called some horrible plays today that cost the team bigtime. He really needs to reevaluate himself.
Don't worry, he will. He will even say he will when talking about the loss.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #37
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would love to see more screen passes on third and especially 4th down. They work wonderfully.
Oh, I forgot about that play call. That screen pass to Slaton on 4th down was just beautiful. Did you see Myers go out there and block one of his own guys on that play? That was a total thing of beauty!
Old 09-21-2008   #38
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe I mentioned the 3rd and inches play...calm down.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #39
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, I forgot about that play call. That screen pass to Slaton on 4th down was just beautiful. Did you see Myers go out there and block one of his own guys on that play? That was a total thing of beauty!
Ha ha!

I forgot about that. Myers did a great job blocking David Anderson on that play.

What the hell?!

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #40
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What if one of those went to AJ for the TD? You have to realize that he had already decided to go for it on 4th down, and that this team was getting its nuts kicked in at the line. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but it's not as stupid as you're making it sound. Kubiak is not a "do exactly what your opponent is expecting" kind of coach. Richard Smith, however, is. In fact, Smith is a "show them that you're going to do exactly what they already knew you would and then do it, and change to what they think you'll do if they have it wrong" kind of coach. Smith needs to go.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read