Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2008   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak is an *****

Okay... I've been a big supporter of Kubiak from the beginning but the evidence is now insurmountable.

1. Richard Smith still is the D.C.
2. some of the personnel decisions he made for the final roster.
3. Throw the freakin' red flag you stupid S.O.B!

I'm almost as depressed as I was once the 05 season started. This team is much more talented but is being misdirected....

can Rick Smith fire Kubiak?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is an *****

There we go again with the "this team has too much talent" BS.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

fyi, dale doesn't drink whiskey usually....
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #4
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2575 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire Kubiak for what? Improving the team?

He does need to learn when to use the red flag though.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
There we go again with the "this team has too much talent" BS.
I agree with the talent thing , I just seems we're playing on our heels again . If you can't be good be fiesty .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #6
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

What a disgusting post.

On the out of bounds catch, that is squarely on Richard Smith. That is his squad and he should be watching them CLOSELY up in the booth. I know Kubiak must've been asking Smith if he should throw the red flag. Remember we had one TO left, so he was trying to be careful in using it. Then on the Lendale TD, Smith had around 15 seconds and also a replay to decide whether or not they should challenge, again he dropped the ball on it. Kerry Collins outsmarted that old hag Smith, TWICE.

Kubiak only mistake is keeping Smith around as DC, atleast have someone supervise this retard, up in the booth. I vote for a joint DC, Smith is not RELIABLE.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Fire Kubiak for what? Improving the team?

He does need to learn when to use the red flag though.

Am I the only that sees how badly outcoached we are in the game.

Tennessee went into the game with a plan to have Kerry Collins running the ball! Did you see those plays... On the first one, watch Weaver. It's a joke!!

Ahhh, we suck!! and not because of the lack of talent. Our coaches are consistantly overmatched in games.. Sh*T!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2008   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think all teams have a guy in charge of telling the coach when to throw the flag and when not too.

if we don't .. well we need one

funny thing is that you know something is up when a team is hurrying to the line of scrimmage to get a play off esp on a long pass play.. come on

That is all on the Texan staff for being out coached again

Good coaches don't let that happen
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #9
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2575 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

Tennessee went into the game with a plan to have Kerry Collins running the ball! Did you see those plays... On the first one, watch Weaver. It's a joke!!

Ahhh, we suck!! and not because of the lack of talent. Our coaches are consistantly overmatched in games.. Sh*T!!!!
Duh, Fisher is a better coach than Kubiak. Doesn't mean Kubiak needs to be fired.

Kubiak didn't drop any td passes, didn't throw the int, and he's not a sack artist. He made a bad challenge and bad call on 3rd and inches.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #10
htexfan
Rookie

Quote:
Okay... I've been a big supporter of Kubiak from the beginning but the evidence is now insurmountable.

1. Richard Smith still is the D.C.
2. some of the personnel decisions he made for the final roster.
3. Throw the freakin' red flag you stupid S.O.B!

I'm almost as depressed as I was once the 05 season started. This team is much more talented but is being misdirected....

can Rick Smith fire Kubiak?
I am in agreement here. He threw the flag on a stupid one and should have thrown it on the thirty yd pass by the inzone and the touchdown. Pull your head out of your ***. I have defended the coaching staff until now. Really, really dissapointing. The other thing is why in the world would you run the ball right before the half when you could still get into fg range. We have a heck of a kicker so let's use him. Kubiak gets the no backbone and the dumb *** award for sure.
htexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #11
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't let the refs get away with it either? The fact that there were so many bad calls makes us discuss challenges. Hello???? If the refs did their jobs, you shouldn't have to challenge!
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Duh, Fisher is a better coach than Kubiak. Doesn't mean Kubiak needs to be fired.

Kubiak didn't drop any td passes, didn't throw the int, and he's not a sack artist. He made a bad challenge and bad call on 3rd and inches.
and, Richard Smith is still his D.C.

and, on both sides of the ball we are being totally outcoached. Believe me, if Haynesworth was blowing up Chris Myers I wouldn't blame that on the coach. But, when it's evident that K Collins is part of the gameplan as a runner, then I'm calling out the coaches.
Old 09-21-2008   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I am not for one to call Kubiak out and don't think he needs to be fired (some of the staff, I do have different opinions off)

but when your players are not performing or held accountable, something has to be done..(I am not calling Kubiak out either) ..

SH*t rolls down hill and if it doesn't .. well mgmt will find someone that will make it roll down hill
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #14
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

What does ***** stand for anyway? I'm trying to figure it out... LOL
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
what does ***** stand for anyway? I'm trying to figure it out... Lol
i-d-i-o-t

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're not the only one. Average coaching, average QB - these aren't good enough to make up for the overall less than average talent. This talent level means we have an average at best front office.

The shine is off the new penny.
Old 09-21-2008   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You're not the only one. Average coaching, average QB - these aren't good enough to make up for the overall less than average talent. This talent level means we have an average at best front office.

The shine is off the new penny.

I see quite a bit of talent but who knows what it can do until the coaches put it in a better position. Certainly our talent on offense should is better than what's out there for Tennessee yet they are marching up and down on us.

very pleased with Slaton, obviously right now!
Old 09-21-2008   #18
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

Things stay the same. We are still the laughing stock of the NFL.
Old 09-21-2008   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see quite a bit of talent but who knows what it can do until the coaches put it in a better position. Certainly our talent on offense should is better than what's out there for Tennessee yet they are marching up and down on us.

Sometimes I think we as fans confuse our familiarity with our plays as talent for those same players.
Old 09-21-2008   #20
Ckw

Quote:

Please name for me all the guys with "talent" you think we have right now. Outside of Daniels, Walter, AJ, Slaton, Brown, and Winston who exactly are out talented guys on offense??

Defense is even worse. We have Mario, DeMeco, Freddy, Amobi, and who else exactly?? You could maybe put Demps in there. Other than that, we have nothing.

You say we have all this talent but I just don't see it. I still believe we are a year away.

One thing I am with you on: Kubiak needs to fire Dick Smith.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read