Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-19-2008   #81
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In honor of Texans-Titans week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sounds like someone who wants to deny the past, that's all.

With respect to McNair, I don't need a re-cap of his career. His first full year as starter was his third... Two years on the bench (save a few appearances) < than VY who has been the starter for basically his first two years...

Put it this way. McNair threw more interceptions than touchdowns twice in his career and one of those was in his final season as a Raven in which he only started 6 games (2 TD's, 4 INT)... The only other time was in 10th season (7 TD's, 8 INT's), in only 8 starts....

At no point, was McNair in jeopardy of being benched....
all points on McNair taken. I know you don't need any recap... Other elements of the stats are similar though. I don't really have the inclination to argue it further.

These history and past remarks I don't get... if it's good, it's Houston's heritage and if it's bad it's our dismal legacy... I just want to take the franchise at face value for what it is... this double edged sword cherry picking stuff is ridiculous to me and let me emphasize that it's not coming from you so much as it's what I'm talking about. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe Houstonians have a selective memory... I don't really care. I would have been fine with an Art Modell type of arrangement. At the end of the day it's just a team in a place in a time. It happens to be the Titans in Nashville in 2008. That's what I am a fan of. That is what I pay to see.

If 30 years from Now Nashville doesn't give Bud Adam's nephew whatever he wants and if your still alive go ahead and have the last laugh. I would imagine that Nashville would learn from Houston and do as Indianapolis has done. Hopefully by that time the Titans will have a title.
Old 09-19-2008   #82
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
all points on McNair taken. I know you don't need any recap... Other elements of the stats are similar though. I don't really have the inclination to argue it further.

These history and past remarks I don't get... if it's good, it's Houston's heritage and if it's bad it's our dismal legacy... I just want to take the franchise at face value for what it is... this double edged sword cherry picking stuff is ridiculous to me and let me emphasize that it's not coming from you so much as it's what I'm talking about. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe Houstonians have a selective memory... I don't really care. I would have been fine with an Art Modell type of arrangement. At the end of the day it's just a team in a place in a time. It happens to be the Titans in Nashville in 2008.(LA 2010) That's what I am a fan of. That is what I pay to see.

If 30 years from Now Nashville doesn't give Bud Adam's nephew whatever he wants and if your still alive go ahead and have the last laugh. I would imagine that Nashville would learn from Houston and do as Indianapolis has done. Hopefully by that time the Titans will have a title.

Bud Adams will be alive....evil lives forever.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #83
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
[/b]

Bud Adams will be alive....evil lives forever.
I understand he eats human hearts to keep him alive.

I have a hard time seeing how the Titans won't be having the same sorts of problems that the Steelers and Bills are having in keeping teams within families. Those are much more traditional franchises, and the tax consequences of deaths to the main owner make it difficult for the descendants to pay to keep a team.
Old 09-19-2008   #84
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
They are sausage buddies.

I think in your main forum I made valid points about the positions of our teams. If you think I was in error speak up. They may have been direct and to the point but don't tag me as a troll then push your chest out about having some huge rep power. That is a flat out abuse of power.

Now I don't have any issues with you DB but at time you seem to just brush me off as a troll with little to no reason.

I have not attacked a poster and have not blown anything out of proportion. I route for a different team then you and we happen to be playing this week. And yes I do antagonize conversation but some great football conversation can start just by telling someone there team sucks.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #85
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
These history and past remarks I don't get... if it's good, it's Houston's heritage and if it's bad it's our dismal legacy... I just want to take the franchise at face value for what it is... this double edged sword cherry picking stuff is ridiculous to me and let me emphasize that it's not coming from you so much as it's what I'm talking about. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe Houstonians have a selective memory... I don't really care. I would have been fine with an Art Modell type of arrangement. At the end of the day it's just a team in a place in a time. It happens to be the Titans in Nashville in 2008. That's what I am a fan of. That is what I pay to see.

with respect to 'selective memory'. On the one hand you have Tinnbred fans clamoring about Earl Campbell and such. On the other hand they don't want the history of the Oilers, unless it is the good stuff...

Old Oilers fans such as myself don't cling on to only the good things, we remember the bad as well... We lived it. But we lived, Earl, Elvin, Kenny(s), Dr. Doom, Warren. And now y'all want to put some of those guys in your ring of honor??? Pffft, Pleeeease!! I think most of us would have been with an Art Modell type of arrangement too.. BUT, we also take solice in knowing that two of our most beloved Oilers want no parts of Bud or the Titans. Thanks Bum and Earl...
Old 09-19-2008   #86
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

I think in your main forum I made valid points about the positions of our teams. If you think I was in error speak up. They may have been direct and to the point but don't tag me as a troll then push your chest out about having some huge rep power. That is a flat out abuse of power.

Now I don't have any issues with you DB but at time you seem to just brush me off as a troll with little to no reason.

I have not attacked a poster and have not blown anything out of proportion. I route for a different team then you and we happen to be playing this week. And yes I do antagonize conversation but some great football conversation can start just by telling someone there team sucks.
Yeah, DB... I agree. I don't want to have a diminished respect for you. However Arrow, although DB has influence it's not like he's moderation. I do recall that he any Vinny both were extremely cool to me when I appeared... but yes, playing the troll card against quality, established poster is low.
Old 09-19-2008   #87
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
with respect to 'selective memory'. On the one hand you have Tinnbred fans clamoring about Earl Campbell and such. On the other hand they don't want the history of the Oilers, unless it is the good stuff...

Old Oilers fans such as myself don't cling on to only the good things, we remember the bad as well... We lived it. But we lived, Earl, Elvin, Kenny(s), Dr. Doom, Warren. And now y'all want to put some of those guys in your ring of honor??? Pffft, Pleeeease!! I think most of us would have been with an Art Modell type of arrangement too.. BUT, we also take solice in knowing that two of our most beloved Oilers want no parts of Bud or the Titans. Thanks Bum and Earl...
My name ain't "they"... I take the good with the bad... if you will even let me have it... You guys should have fought to keep the colors and the name if it meant so much and let Bud go on. I said I would have been fine with a Ravens type arrangement... The ring... that's Bud Adams... it's his team.. he lived it too. He has every right. I'd imagine a majority of Titan fans are indifferent. I respect the history. As for Philips and Campbell... whatever turns their crank...
Old 09-19-2008   #88
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My name ain't "they"... I take the good with the bad... if you will even let me have it... You guys should have fought to keep the colors and the name if it meant so much and let Bud go on. I said I would have been fine with a Ravens type arrangement... The ring... that's Bud Adams... it's his team.. he lived it too. He has every right. I'd imagine a majority of Titan fans are indifferent. I respect the history. As for Philips and Campbell... whatever turns their crank...
I'm guessing it aint Bipolar either so wth?? You talk like a "they"...
Old 09-19-2008   #89
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, DB... I agree. I don't want to have a diminished respect for you. However Arrow, although DB has influence it's not like he's moderation. I do recall that he any Vinny both were extremely cool to me when I appeared... but yes, playing the troll card against quality, established poster is low.
LMAO! "Quality...established" That's beautiful!

Honestly, Bulluck53 seems to be the only tit fan worthy of an honest football conversation.
Old 09-19-2008   #90
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LMAO! "Quality...established" That's beautiful!

Honestly, Bulluck53 seems to be the only tit fan worthy of an honest football conversation.
I've been on this board probably as long as you have. You guys generally know what you are talking about and for the most part have a good sense of humor.

Any way you slice I have ordered a pretty large helping of crow if we lose, but if we win it is just what is supposed to happen.

Old 09-19-2008   #91
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

I was not saying anything about my rep other than many members of this board agree with me when I take trolling to task. Sorry bud, but you are not well liked by the majority of this board. This isn't "puffing my chest" or whatever straw man that you're trying to build. It's a simple fact that rival fans who act ugly are not well received. Other fans who show respect are treated with respect. I don't understand why you cannot comprehend the difference or just choose not to understand that point.

I'm not some kind of public defender or "internet hero" (according to your spewage). I'm nothing more than a Texans fanatic that speaks my mind, especially in the face of continued trollish behavior by folks who seem to revel in it. As a moderator of both main Texans boards among others, it is part of my duties to keep trolls in check. This is the only board that I frequent that even allows it to begin with, and when it's abused, I'm going to respond accordingly.

If it hurts your feelings, perhaps you should review your own behavior and how it comes across to others. Toronto is a Titans fan and he is a great member of this board. So it all comes down to how you present yourself at the end of the day.

Quote:
I really have no qualms with BA, until he starts pushing buttons for the sole reason of trolling this forum. Perhaps quality is in the eye of the beholder, but you have already admitted to having some sort of alliance that seems to revolve around trolling opposing teams' forums.

Respect is met with respect. Trolling is met with torches and pitchforks.
Old 09-19-2008   #92
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

we have a nickname for blazing arrow in the mod lounge...not sure I should repeat it though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #93
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
we have a nickname for blazing arrow in the mod lounge...not sure I should repeat it though.

Cool Arrow?
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #94
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can translate it to Pig Latin if you like.
Old 09-19-2008   #95
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

*wonders what TB's nickname in the mod forum is*
Old 09-19-2008   #96
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Blazing arrow = syphilis $^%$
Old 09-19-2008   #97
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
*wonders what TB's nickname in the mod forum is*
*Gheyness*
Old 09-19-2008   #98
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

well, "blazing anus" wasn't coined by me but I thought it was kinda funny in lieu of his forum personality (rival fan pot stirrer)....not that there is anything wrong with that. Don't shoot the messenger!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #99
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bud wouldn't give up the name, colors, etc. - he wanted the Oilers legacy and the Titans one as well. I don't deny him the right as owner to do these things, but it's just another reason why he is PNG in much of Houston.
Old 09-19-2008   #100
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
well, "blazing anus" wasn't coined by me but I thought it was kinda funny in lieu of his forum personality (rival fan pot stirrer)....not that there is anything wrong with that. Don't shoot the messenger!
I've been called worst. I don't take what is said on here as personally as some of you might I guess. Comes with the territory of being a 'troll'. I am Flamming Bowling Ball or FBB on Jaguars.com

I'm not a guy who pulls punches. Your team is what it is ... the Titans are a team that is what it is.

When I say the Texans have poor secondary play and most of the players that start especially at S would not start on almost any other team the reaction is 'what an ass' but is the statement inaccurate? I honestly do not think so.

On the same note I say Young sucks and have been vocal about him probably not playing on our team as a starter again. I don't see that as being an inaccurate statement either.

Personally I want your fan base to come back and say so and so sucks. It gets pretty tiring reading a bunch of the same posts over and over about my team being the greatest thing since sliced bread and struggling to make a .500 record (that's a dig on the Titans a few years back BTW). I would rather hear what other fans who do not like my team think about them and the weaknesses. It adds for interesting football conversation instead of a bunch of yes men patting each other on the back.

I guess to each there own.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 09-19-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read