Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2008   #21
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Default Re: B/s Titans-Texans game

buy.duane will finish the game

B/S vince young is at a sausage party right now?
texanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #22
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfreak View Post
buy.duane will finish the game

B/S vince young is at a sausage party right now?
Sell. He's too afraid he'll get booed if he leaves his house.

B/S We score on our first offensive drive.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #23
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
Sell. He's too afraid he'll get booed if he leaves his house.

B/S We score on our first offensive drive.
Buy...we'll convert our fourth down drive-saver this time

B/S Kris Brown kicks more than two field goals.
mattieuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #24
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sell: He will get 2 but not more

B/S Andre will have 100+ yards recieving
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #25
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sell, I figure we'll struggle for rythym, minds being elsewhere, and a good Titans defense.

B/S

Chris Johnson breaks another big highlight reel play against our run defense?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #26
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 65627 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Sell, I figure we'll struggle for rythym, minds being elsewhere, and a good Titans defense.

B/S

Chris Johnson breaks another big highlight reel play against our run defense?
Buy. The Texans defense is not disciplined in defending their lanes, and the run defense is ungood.

Matt Schaub gets knocked out of the game.
Old 09-17-2008   #27
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Buy. The Texans defense is not disciplined in defending their lanes, and the run defense is ungood.

sell and if I am wrong, I admit I will be thinking Rob Johnson kind of thoughts

Kris Brown kicks more field goals than Rob Bironas

B/S
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2008   #28
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Buy, a vote in confidence in Brown and a vote against a meaningful offensive effort.

B/S

Seeing Molden on the field
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

I'd like to run a poll and see how many people still think Schaub is going to be standing, as a starter, when this season is over.

Sage can get ragged for several reasons, but he has found a way to remain in the game and to stay off the bench when he's been thrown into relief efforts.

Schaub has to have his "A" game or it's going to be deja vu all over again.

I don't think he has nearly the sort of pocket presence and raw athleticism that a QB needs in today's NFL. Falcons fans tried tell us that he wasn't very mobile, and I (for one) laughed it off as nonsense. I don't think Falcons fan was talking about Matt's rushing skills when he pulls the ball down and runs with it. I think they were talking about his mobility inside the pocket and the legs-in-quicksand movement that he tends to display as a game wears on.

Again, I think this is an area that Sage trumps Schaub on: The ability to feel his way around in the pocket and to make the right moves to avoid the sack or bad throw. I think Schaub makes the bad throw because he doesn't want to get hit (again), and I think Sage makes a bad throw because he really thinks he can make the throw. Without even looking, I bet Schaub gets knocked down ("touched") more than Sage does. And that tends to affect a QB a lot, on down the road when he starts sensing pressure that's not really there.

And do I think Sage is a savior? No. I think we see Texans fans, at the end of this season, screaming for a REAL bonified QB via the draft.

The two 2nd rounders look to have been a better deal for the Falcons than what we got for it. We lost two 2nd rounders who would be starting for this team on Sunday. Imagine what positions they would be playing...heck, I could use on at Greenwood's spot. And I could use another dline stud or a secondary guy back there.
Old 09-18-2008   #30
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Buy, a vote in confidence in Brown and a vote against a meaningful offensive effort.

B/S

Seeing Molden on the field
Sell. Unless he can slow down the Titans run O.

B/S - Our D gets stuck for greater than 150 yards rushing by the Tacks.
Old 09-18-2008   #31
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Mario gets atleast one sack

Buy/Sell
why not? Sure. That's too hard to sell. He is Mario Williams and we are talking about Kerry Collins. I'd buy that. Try selling Texans qb's take at least five sacks. I'd buy that all day.
Old 09-18-2008   #32
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
sell I think (hope Gibbs) had 2 weeks to fix some of the things,

B/S We held to under 100 yards rushing?
I buy that.
Old 09-18-2008   #33
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Buy; what's new?

buy/sell: We have more than 2 turnovers.
sell. Two sounds right.
Old 09-18-2008   #34
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
sell. Two sounds right.
Apparently titan fans have a tough time figuring out how to play Buy or Sell. You'd figure two pages would give them some sort of hint on how to play. I mean, I know it's a very difficult game to figure out but..........

Now, back on topic:

B/S - The Texans score a defensive TD
Old 09-18-2008   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Apparently titan fans have a tough time figuring out how to play Buy or Sell. You'd figure two pages would give them some sort of hint on how to play. I mean, I know it's a very difficult game to figure out but..........

Now, back on topic:

Sell... Our defense only works in reverse...

B/S DeMeco has 10+ tackles
Old 09-18-2008   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sell... Our defense only works in reverse...

B/S DeMeco has 10+ tackles
Buy....Somebody has to cover Moron Greenwoods ass

B/S A Texans player without the initials MW will get a sack
Old 09-18-2008   #37
AMMOTITAN
Rookie

Sell.......MW is a beast...but he is the only one to get close to the QB this game.

B/S Kerry Collins throws for 300 yards?
AMMOTITAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #38
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Now, back on topic:

I watch espn. I know the game.

Quote:
buy/sell: We have more than 2 turnovers.
More than 2 is three or more.
Two sounds right. I do not think the Titans will be fortunate enough to manage three. That is unless they stop a 4th down conversion try.

Now if it is a stipulation that I offer my own b/s scenario... sorry.

here goes then if that's the case.

Buy or Sell : The Texans upset the Titans.
Old 09-18-2008   #39
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOTITAN View Post
Sell.......MW is a beast...but he is the only one to get close to the QB this game.

B/S Kerry Collins throws for 300 yards?
I'm going to sell that. I think He'll get more than 200 passing yards but unless Chris Johnson gets some massive gainers in the screen game he will be held under 300.

Buy or Sell: Chris Johnson gets 150+ all purpose yards?
Old 09-18-2008   #40
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
I'm going to sell that. I think He'll get more than 200 passing yards but unless Chris Johnson gets some massive gainers in the screen game he will be held under 300.

Buy or Sell: Chris Johnson gets 150+ all purpose yards?
Buy. I think my 5 year old could get 150+ all purpose yards on our D right now.

B/S - I vomit during the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read