Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2008   #1
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover
Exclamation Starting RB this week?

Who is Gary going to start this week at Tennessee?
Old 09-16-2008   #2
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Starting RB this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
Who is Gary going to start this week at Tennessee?
Perhaps Green, if the "injury of the week" is healed up. But look at Walker.. they signed him for a reason.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #3
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

So this week could be the Slaton/Walker combo?
Old 09-16-2008   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
So this week could be the Slaton/Walker combo?
Could be Slaton/Walker combo if Green is still hurt. Don't forget about Taylor either. Unfortunately, I wouldn't imagine seeing too much of Darius.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we just go with Mario so he can put some DEs and LBs on their butts.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #6
Polo

Kubiak said Slaton will start if Ahman can't go.

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset at all if Slaton started regardless...
Old 09-18-2008   #7
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I was one of those people who was a real ahman fan when he came here. I still would like to see him do well, but geeze, the guy can't even stay healthy past a few plays... I am beginning to get on the get rid of Green bandwagon... Let's see how the young guys can do. We might be pleasantly surprised.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2008   #8
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

I can see it being Slaton, Kubes did say before the last game got postponed that he was the man so hopefully he still gets his shot. He is the best we have at the moment so we may as well throw him in there.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #9
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I was one of those people who was a real ahman fan when he came here. I still would like to see him do well, but geeze, the guy can't even stay healthy past a few plays... I am beginning to get on the get rid of Green bandwagon... Let's see how the young guys can do. We might be pleasantly surprised.
Why we didn't cut him in the off-season is a mystery to me. I kept waiting all off-season for it to happen.
Old 09-19-2008   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

video
Quote:
McNair addresses Texans
Texans owner Bob McNair spoke to the team about Hurricane Ike after practice Thursday. In football news, coach Gary Kubiak announced that running back Steve Slaton will start Sunday.
http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

Kubiak said Slaton will start but Taylor will see a lot of action, Walker most likely to play in the 3rd qtr or so...
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
video

Kubiak said Slaton will start but Taylor will see a lot of action, Walker most likely to play in the 3rd qtr or so...
I assumed Taylor was healthy & ready to go opening week, yet even with an ineffective running game provided by Ahman/Slayton, Kubiak did not go past two deep @ RB, thus Taylor sat on the bench the whole game

It would not surprise me, at all if this week Walker actually became more a factor than Taylor/Slayton but then again its the Texans & you just never know

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
video

I think what Kubiak meant was that Walker will be up as the 3rd RB if needed. I wouldn't expect him to play unless an injury occurs.
Old 09-19-2008   #13
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

This might belong in a seperate thread, but I wish for Pete's sake they would release Green already. The situation is way beyond getting old. It's now to the point of an embaressment to this organization.

Give Slaton, Taylor and Walker their shot. Green has had his shot.
Old 09-19-2008   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think what Kubiak meant was that Walker will be up as the 3rd RB if needed. I wouldn't expect him to play unless an injury occurs.
That makes more sense.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If I'm not mistaken we restructured the contract so that the money he was going to earn this year was not guaranteed. So for every game he misses, he isn't getting paid. If we were to cut him, we would probably owe him more.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If I'm not mistaken we restructured the contract so that the money he was going to earn this year was not guaranteed. So for every game he misses, he isn't getting paid. If we were to cut him, we would probably owe him more.
They did restructure the contract , I dunno what the imnplications are if he gets cut ..... But if he dont play he dont get paid (while on the roster).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Glass was so healthy we put in the rook for the first carry of the Texans season. It really doesn't matter who starts imo since Green started week 1 but Slaton got the first running play of the year....kinda mind boggling that we didn't cut Ahman since he is so fragile at this age.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
They did restructure the contract , I dunno what the imnplications are if he gets cut ..... But if he dont play he dont get paid (while on the roster).
They dropped his base salary by $3 mil and made it into bonuses of $200k for each game he is on the active roster in the last fifteen games. He is still making $1.8 mil base salary which as a vet who started the season is fully guaranteed at this point. So if they cut him, they would still have the $1.8 mil plus would have to account for the unprorated amount of his original $5 mil signing bonus.
Old 09-19-2008   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
They dropped his base salary by $3 mil and made it into bonuses of $200k for each game he is on the active roster in the last fifteen games. He is still making $1.8 mil base salary which as a vet who started the season is fully guaranteed at this point. So if they cut him, they would still have the $1.8 mil plus would have to account for the unprorated amount of his original $5 mil signing bonus.
I didnt know the exact terms but did recall hearing his not playing costing him $$.

At this point a $1.8 mil hit on this years cap is .... worth every penny if ya ask me. Anyone know whats left of that unprorated amount of the signing bonus ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read