Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2008   #141
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Tacks..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
They beat the Texans 10 times... but it's not like no other team has managed that.

then you guys should lay off on the 40 years w/o a SB crap. Which is it gonna be? The Oilers were awesome or the Titans 40 years is useless. Choose a theme.

I've had a good decade of enjoyment being in the hunt. The Texans haven't made it to the woods let alone got out of them.

do you watch youtube? or are you surfing on windows 98?
Who gives a f about the NBA? NBA players don't even respect the Star Spangled Banner. I read it on Yahoo the other day. I spent the summer riding motorcycles and making babies. Don't the Grizzlies suck? Guess what? I don't give a crap about the Grizzlies. So Nashville tried to take the Spurs from San Antonio? That's news to me... doesn't change the fact Bud Adams brought the Oilers to Nashville. Nashville didn't rip them away from Houston.
Then judge the Titans on 10 or 12 years... not 40. The Titans won the afc south. Can you say that about the Texans? Nashville offered no bribe as you allege. It happened just as I say it did. If you doubt me offer evidence to the contrary. I didn't take s#!t. Bud brought it to me. I'm simply a fan of his product. I don't care about where the team was when who was drafted. That's a really stupid non-issue. By the way, our "Houston free" squad qualified for the playoffs last year in '07.

Fisher got his start with the Bears as a db.

honestly, it amuses me how bitter and hate filled many of you are here about all of this. Your vain attempts at agitation don't even ping on my first nerve. It's really laughable just how wrapped up many of you can be... all emotional... making racist white trash hillbilly references... all because you want to go back to to the eighties when the Astrodome was the place to be and everyone "Luv'ed Blue"... I kinda feel sorry for you. I honestly wish the Texans were good like the Colts. I'd much rather chase you guys. You guys deserve better.
Wow.....and I mean wow..... you have just shown your complete lack of intelligence.

1. NBA players do not salute the flag? I guess you have never heard of David Robinson

2. Look up on yahoo the deal bringing the Oilers to Nashville and you will see the "incentives" (large amount of cash) it took for Bud Adams to leave the 4th largest city in the US.

3. no never called anyone racist. hillbilly well maybe... I have driven through Nashville on those dirt roads they try to pass off as highways. So yeah we may forget it is a medium sized town and mistake the residents for hill billies because we drive through on take your mule to work day. for that I am sorry. My mistake I should have stopped by Dollywood and seen the true cosmopolitan Tennesee.

Please dont feel sorry for me... even if yall win. I live in Texas, which is native American for freaking awesome. If I want to drown my sorrows, if yall beat us, I will pour some Koolaid (battle red flavored) and the world will be rosy. Sorry.... my friend dont waste your time. I have my battle red kool aid ... the best football team Houston has ever had... four championship DVDs a wife who loves me and a son who loves the Texans since the day he was born. Dont cry for me cry for Argentina...
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #142
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Wow.....and I mean wow..... you have just shown your complete lack of intelligence.

1. NBA players do not salute the flag? I guess you have never heard of David Robinson

2. Look up on yahoo the deal bringing the Oilers to Nashville and you will see the "incentives" (large amount of cash) it took for Bud Adams to leave the 4th largest city in the US.

3. no never called anyone racist. hillbilly well maybe... I have driven through Nashville on those dirt roads they try to pass off as highways. So yeah we may forget it is a medium sized town and mistake the residents for hill billies because we drive through on take your mule to work day. for that I am sorry. My mistake I should have stopped by Dollywood and seen the true cosmopolitan Tennesee.

Please dont feel sorry for me... even if yall win. I live in Texas, which is native American for freaking awesome. If I want to drown my sorrows, if yall beat us, I will pour some Koolaid (battle red flavored) and the world will be rosy. Sorry.... my friend dont waste your time. I have my battle red kool aid ... the best football team Houston has ever had... four championship DVDs a wife who loves me and a son who loves the Texans since the day he was born. Dont cry for me cry for Argentina...
Don't try to explain championships to a team owned by Bud Adams. They will only fall a few, well, they'll just fall short.....year after year. That's Houston's ultimate F-you to Nashville! False hope is a mother!

Last edited by BSofA04; 09-19-2008 at 12:36 AM.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #143
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I think conversation and trash talk is cool as long as its not personal. The difference between the titans and texans isn't that great. In 06, both teams needed a talent infusion. The titans had structure and cap space while texans were cap strapped, but had a vision. The titans have also been very god at plucking select fre agents and had some low rd picks really step up. Roos,Stewart, Finnegan and Brown to name a few. Vince still has growing to do, but thy can and or wil trade for a top flight rceiver like roy wilims. 8-8 and 10-6 isn't that big of a gap.
Old 09-19-2008   #144
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I think conversation and trash talk is cool as long as its not personal. The difference between the titans and texans isn't that great. In 06, both teams needed a talent infusion. The titans had structure and cap space while texans were cap strapped, but had a vision. The titans have also been very god at plucking select fre agents and had some low rd picks really step up. Roos,Stewart, Finnegan and Brown to name a few. Vince still has growing to do, but thy can and or wil trade for a top flight rceiver like roy wilims. 8-8 and 10-6 isn't that big of a gap.
Not only that, I see Titans fans braggin about 10-2...Yet 10 of those games have been decided by 10 points or less.

It's not like the Colts...All of these games with the tacks are close. While the Titans are 2-0 (congrats on that) they beat two winless teams at the moment. The Texans lost to the Steelers who are 2-0.

I expect the Titans to win. (Because it looks they have a better team right now) but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Texans won because anything can happen between these two teams when they play.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #145
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
complete lack of intelligence? that's kind of unnecessary. I don't understand your need to personally insult another poster. It reeks of insecurity. Consult a psychiatric resource online if you doubt me.
Quote:
First and foremost, Robinson is a throwback to my adolescence. I remember him on the Spurs and his Mr Robinson's Neighborhood commercials... He was a class act... from a bygone era... but I'm talking about Josh Howard. (of the Dallas Mavericks) I really shouldn't generalize NBA guys... It's just that NBA has bit by bit, year by year lost it's appeal to me through the Dennis Rodman's of the Leauge, Artest and The Malice at the Palace incident, things of that nature... NBA is not what it was when Jordon was running with the unstoppable Bulls. For that matter greed and drugs have ruined baseball to a degree. The NBA's state of affairs is a bit sorry in my opinion. Maybe my opinion of NBA is a bit ignorant as I really don't watch anymore because all the negativity surrounding it.
Quote:
Dude, I said offer evidence to the contrary, not allude to. The fact remains that Bud initiated talks. Of course there are supposed to be incentives. That's business. Bud more or less asked for an incentive package. He got one. Without one there could be no deal. The initial contact happened exactly as I said it did.
Quote:
I am not saying that anyone called anyone a racist. I am saying that remarks that I have read here are racist in nature. White trash hillbilly stuff is racism. Persons do not have to be black, foreign, Irish or what have you to be a target of nationalist, regional or cultural bigotry... does not matter what color you are... a black man can make racist remarks in regards to another black man..
Quote:
I'm not going to sit here and do as you do. I will not attempt to belittle a guy's home and make him feel bad about the team he loves as you do. I'm not trying to make you feel bad about anything but I do feel sorry for you. What have you got in the way of DVD's anyways? That's a bit confusing to me. Spurs I suppose? Or Longhorns? That's great partner. I ain't crying for you so much as I hope Jacksonville and the Colts fall and that the Texans and Titans become the cream of the division. It's such a natural rivalry and Houston is a mega huge market... It would make great Monday Night Football... Houston just needs to go 11-5 and make a Wild Card. I don't care how much pride you have... I have it to. I am Southern by the grace of God as well... I love these hills I call home. You are no different than I in that respect. I know how frustrating losing can be/feel. Titans were 9-23 during 2004-05... that sucks. Multiply that by a factor of 2 or almost 3.. I can only imagine... So, look... you may not want sympathy, but that's just the kind of guy I am.

Last edited by Bipolar The Titan; 09-19-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Bipolar The Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #146
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
........including nailing a 60 FG against the Colts for the win;
You fickle Tinnbred fans.... I thought Vince Young won that game all by himself...
Old 09-19-2008   #147
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Hey, our kicker is good too! So there!
our kicker blew yours away with an nfl record 8 fg's...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251211010

within this link is the most memorable thing I recall Kris Brown doing in the series... and that kick wasn't even wide really... it was a complete duck hook... and I characterize it that way because the ball's path was reminiscent of a duck diving beneath the surface of the water after a minnow. To make matters worse it was a mere 31 yard attempt. It was 2005... and two of the Titans 5 victories that year were served by the Texans.

Bironas is a pro bowler with his cleats in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame.

your guy is good though.. and Bironas has had a tough offseason with a slight injury issue... but still... Brown is not on par with Bironas.
Old 09-19-2008   #148
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Don't try to explain championships to a team owned by Bud Adams. They will only fall a few, well, they'll just fall short.....year after year. That's Houston's ultimate F-you to Nashville! False hope is a mother!
Before you and I were born the Oilers were a force in the AFL. Not that it's super relevant but I think the young "Jedi Anakin Skywalker" version of Bud Adams knows a little something about a League Championship... I don't know whether the "Sith Darth Vader" version of Bud Adams that you have grown to despise does... however, if episode VI can offer us any insight perhaps he can come around and "fulfill his destiny"...

Last edited by Bipolar The Titan; 09-19-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Bipolar The Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #149
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Not only that, I see Titans fans braggin about 10-2...Yet 10 of those games have been decided by 10 points or less.

It's not like the Colts...All of these games with the tacks are close. While the Titans are 2-0 (congrats on that) they beat two winless teams at the moment. The Texans lost to the Steelers who are 2-0.

I expect the Titans to win. (Because it looks they have a better team right now) but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Texans won because anything can happen between these two teams when they play.
anything can happen.
Old 09-19-2008   #150
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I think conversation and trash talk is cool as long as its not personal. The difference between the titans and texans isn't that great. In 06, both teams needed a talent infusion. The titans had structure and cap space while texans were cap strapped, but had a vision. The titans have also been very god at plucking select free agents and had some low rd picks really step up. Roos,Stewart, Finnegan and Brown to name a few. Vince still has growing to do, but thy can and or wil trade for a top flight rceiver like roy wilims. 8-8 and 10-6 isn't that big of a gap.
I agree about Vince. I'm really liking Collins as a vet leader and a game manager. My expectations from Collins have grown tremendously. He has earned my respect where Vince has eroded mine over time with his performance, actions, and words... but he's 25 and I think watching Collins will help him in the long run.
Old 09-19-2008   #151
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are a better team with Collins than with Young, that's for sure.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #152
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

your guy is good though.. and Bironas has had a tough offseason with a slight injury issue... but still... Brown is not on par with Bironas.
NFL Careers:

Kris Brown 1999-2008
203/262 FG ----- 77.5%
269/275 XP ------97.8%

Rob Bironas 2005-2008
82/98 FG -------- 83.7%
95/97 XP -------- 97.9%

And of course 8 FG's in a game. Bet Fisher would rather have TD's than FG's.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #153
stiff
Rookie

Quote:
our kicker blew yours away with an nfl record 8 fg's...

If it wasnt for that one day last year NO ONE would have heard of him outside of Nashville. I wouldn't necessarily brag on the fact that my team needed 8 field goals to beat a team that was banged up. Yes i know vy was out so you were down your "starting" QB but the better one was playing.

Bironas is young and nursing injury already. Based on that he wont last long enough in the league to make the hall of fame.

BTW he and Brown have the exact FG percentage this year. Yes Bironas has double the field goals of Brown, but that is a whopping 2!
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #154
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Can someone please explane what the heck Titan has to do with Tennesee?
I'll "explane" it to you with sources and citations.

Quote:
By the 1850’s, Nashville had already earned the nickname of the “Athens of the South” by having established numerous higher education institutions as well as being the first Southern City to establish a public school system. By the end of the century, Nashville would see Fisk University, Montgomery Bell Academy, Meharry Medical College, and Vanderbilt University all open it doors..
http://nashville.about.com/od/histor...HistXline2.htm

Quote:
Nashville's moniker the Athens of the South influenced the choice of the building as the centerpiece of the 1897 fair. A number of buildings at the Exposition were based on ancient originals. However, the Parthenon was the only one to have been conceived as an exact reproduction. It was also the only one to have been preserved by the city. (The Knights of Pythias building was purchased and moved to nearby Franklin, TN.)

Originally built of plaster, wood, and brick, the Parthenon was rebuilt in the 1920s on the same foundations, but with concrete.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenon_(Nashville)

Quote:
In Greek mythology, the Titans (Greek: Τῑτάν Tītā́n; plural: Τῑτᾶνες Tītânes) were a race of powerful deities that ruled during the legendary Golden Age. Their role as Elder Gods being overthrown by a present race of younger gods, the Olympians, effected a mythological paradigm shift that the Greeks borrowed from the Ancient Near East.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(mythology)

Say what you want about the myth but note that the Titans were some bad dudes that would kill you and eat your children. It's just a story.. and it's worthy of lampooning I suppose but so is any NFL moniker.
Quote:
Alliteration is the repetition of the first consonant sound in a phrase. A common example in English is "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers" or "Tigers took Title Today". Alliteration can take the form of assonance, the repetition of a vowel, or consonance, the repetition of a consonant; however, unlike a strict definition of alliteration, both assonance and consonance can regularly occur within words as opposed to being limited to the word's initial sound.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliteration

hope that helps
Old 09-19-2008   #155
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can someone please explane what the heck Titan has to do with Tennesee?
They just stole the name from the Jets, the way they stole the team...
Old 09-19-2008   #156
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Alliteration is the repetition of the first consonant sound in a phrase. A common example in English is "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers" or "Tigers took Title Today". Alliteration can take the form of assonance, the repetition of a vowel, or consonance, the repetition of a consonant; however, unlike a strict definition of alliteration, both assonance and consonance can regularly occur within words as opposed to being limited to the word's initial sound.
Illiteration - The misspelling of two consecutive words on a message board post.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #157
stiff
Rookie

Quote:
I'll "explane" it to you with sources and citations.

http://nashville.about.com/od/histor...HistXline2.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenon_(Nashville)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(mythology)

Say what you want about the myth but note that the Titans were some bad dudes that would kill you and eat your children. It's just a story.. and it's worthy of lampooning I suppose but so is any NFL moniker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliteration

hope that helps
So the fact that they are the Imbred children of Uranus has no irony here? I know its been said a million times couldnt resist

The Titans produced other offspring, mating with either other Titans or other creatures. These offspring are also called Titans.

the Titans of Greek mythology are the twelve children of Gaia and Uranus:
http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/r...h/g/Titans.htm
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #158
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

the word Titan (Τιτησι) seemed to be means "Strainer"
Old 09-19-2008   #159
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Titan only responds to positive comments about the Tennbreds. He's always been a complete homer. He says nothing bothers him, yet his posts have such a condescending tone..

I thing his little Reebok NFL Apparel Titan panties get all bunched up.

And thank god my only memories about the Oilers was my dad throwing stuff at the tv because he was "done with that f'ing team."

Ahhhh... How things change. They went to a Super Bowl in TN, what a great franchise blah blah blah.

Well now its week 3 of the 2008 season, and the organization still doesn't have any Lombardi trophies.

Silver lining alert: at least the NFL championship was WITHIN REACH!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #160
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Hey cousin, aren't those purdy???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read