Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2008   #81
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Tacks..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOTITAN View Post
My point was, that Vince was much more a Running Threat than Kerry, who throws a much more accurate ball.

Besides, that post was made before Vince Young went mental...I mean come on....who can predict something like that was going to happen.
But from the standpoint of Texans fans in Austin, at least maybe VY's meltdown and benchwarming means KEYE might have to stop worshipping at the altar of Saint Vincent for a few weeks and actually show games featuring a Texas football team.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #82
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
It's not smack if you can back it.

The Titans organization has made multiple playoff appearances including a Super Bowl appearance. We are 10-2 against the Texans and have actually had a winning season. I disagree with your first comment based on these facts.

It's actually spelled "turpitude". Name a player on our current roster that that applies too? We have had trouble players in the past and we cut them. AH has had issues but has also served his suspension, taken classes on anger management and seems to have at least kept his anger in check on the field since the incindent. I fail to see who you are talking about on our team.

You are entitled to your own opinion about the fan base but I do not see and grounds for it. When the boards merged I was in the suggestions thread trying to give input to help the site get better.
Excuse the fact that my spell check is on the fritz(sheesh)........ as to for who it pertains to.......hmmmmmmmm Albert " likes to stomp" Haynesworth. Vince Young, LenDale White and most importantly........ Bud Adams. He is the example of the lack of moral TURPitude.

Hey I enjoy the smack when titan fans come here, I encourage a little running at each other, its fun. What I dont like is Titan fan coming here starting smack and then running and hiding behind the mods fearful of an offensive response. Remeber, its Titan fan that comes around and starts it, They run hurricane smack or we stole your team smack, or how do you like our hall of famer Warren Moon smack. I would love to get into it, but for here its football tqalk and the only smack I have for you here is.

The Titans organization is not as good as the Texans organization.
The Titans organization lacks moral tUrpitude.
The level of class that Titan fan displays provides my stomach some discomfort
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #83
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Ok where is that? it seems everywhere you go someone gets sensitive about something. Or maybe I am only one with thick skin since I took it hard for years for being a fan of our former QB. Smack is smack whenever you have opposing opinions. People shouldnt be so sensitive.

However, since I dont want to get banned from any of the Texans sites. I will stick to the following lines:
It has nothing to do with sensitivity or thick skin. We want to reserve this forum for intelligent football talk and put the more inane stuff in a separate area where those who don't care to see it can easily avoid it. It doesn't gain a poster anyting to put the trash in the main threads unless they are just looking for more attention anyway.

As for the second point, no one talked about banning anyone. I just asked for a little cooperation. We are trying to have a good on-line community here, and posting topics in appropriate threads doesn't seem to big a burden to someone "skilled" enough to talk trash.

Just for emphasis, here is the forum again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Here, knock yourself out.

Rivalry Talk

Titan/Texan smack thread
Old 09-17-2008   #84
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey I enjoy the smack when titan fans come here, I encourage a little running at each other, its fun. What I dont like is Titan fan coming here starting smack and then running and hiding behind the mods fearful of an offensive response.

Nobody came running to the mods for help. I found the posts to be juvenile and in the wrong place all by myself.
Old 09-17-2008   #85
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
It has nothing to do with sensitivity or thick skin. We want to reserve this forum for intelligent football talk and put the more inane stuff in a separate area where those who don't care to see it can easily avoid it. It doesn't gain a poster anyting to put the trash in the main threads unless they are just looking for more attention anyway.

As for the second point, no one talked about banning anyone. I just asked for a little cooperation. We are trying to have a good on-line community here, and posting topics in appropriate threads doesn't seem to big a burden to someone "skilled" enough to talk trash.

Just for emphasis, here is the forum again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Nobody came running to the mods for help. I found the posts to be juvenile and in the wrong place all by myself.
No Problem, I think its great, yall do a great job but if titan fan comes running smack stirring things he may meet with resistance. Its great that there is smack talk section. Take everything with a grain of salt this week the football and the personal are merged this week. Smack will run in a non smack area and vice versa. The wounds between these two orgaizations runs deep. Its not that we are immature or less skilled, its due to the fact that this organization is the one the Texans are playing this week and it may overlap into digs into each other. This is an extra ordinary week for Team, cities and state. I was just making point that people shouldnt be so sensitive to what belongs in what area and be a little less sensitive. Some emotional responses to a thread is okay... as long as they are not a direct attack. I dont think there is a problem with a little trash talking outside of acceptable areas from time to time.
Old 09-17-2008   #86
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Excuse the fact that my spell check is on the fritz(sheesh)........ as to for who it pertains to.......hmmmmmmmm Albert " likes to stomp" Haynesworth. Vince Young, LenDale White and most importantly........ Bud Adams. He is the example of the lack of moral TURPitude.
AH can not server his time and get a second chance? As I stated he served his time, he went to anger management and the events have not happened again. Eventually you have to move on from it.

Young is nothing more then lost and cracking under the pressure. I am not sure how that fits in the mold of:

"extreme immorality or wickedness"

What has L-Dub done exactly or are you judging him on the way he looks and dresses?

Quote:
Hey I enjoy the smack when titan fans come here, I encourage a little running at each other, its fun. What I dont like is Titan fan coming here starting smack and then running and hiding behind the mods fearful of an offensive response. Remeber, its Titan fan that comes around and starts it, They run hurricane smack or we stole your team smack, or how do you like our hall of famer Warren Moon smack. I would love to get into it, but for here its football talk and the only smack I have for you here is.
Who is hiding behind a mod? Last I checked both Bulluck53 and myself got our posts deleted in reply to GP. Neither of us slammed him but stated our case. I did not really see hurricane smack. Wishing that everyone is ok is not smack in my book. And I do not remember posting anything about 'stealing your team' ... it was my team then too. Don't put words in the mouths of posters. Not all Titans fans are alike as not all Texans fans are alike. Take the time to read the post and respond.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #87
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
[b]AH can not server his time and get a second chance? As I stated he served his time, he went to anger management and the events have not happened again. Eventually you have to move on from it. [/B]( which time?)
Young is nothing more then lost and cracking under the pressure. I am not sure how that fits in the mold ofAnd this guy was supposed to be our Savior)
"extreme immorality or wickedness"(pulled out the webster huh?)

What has L-Dub done exactly or are you judging him on the way he looks and dresses? Really I know you are not going there..... I am refering to locker room problems.. but your right he or vince have not excercised the best of judgement and do not exhibit...."extreme immorality or wickedness"
Who is hiding behind a mod? Last I checked both Bulluck53 and myself got our posts deleted in reply to GP. ( i wasnt saying you specifically, but if I didnt communicate that well I apologize) Not all Titans fans are alike as not all Texans fans are alike. ( yup its our team vs yours a Titan fan is a Titans fan , all the same , but at least your not Cowboys fan) Take the time to read the post and respond.
i have a thick skin so... It doesnt bother me if we mix it up . I know its not personal.... Its this week so lets freaking enjoy it talking football and running smack. its great.... Actually I am supposed to be working!!!! oooh that talking within your quote didnt turn out as pretty as I expected.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2008   #88
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post

Hey, Hey, Haynesworth it's Fat Albert!
As much as I dislike the Titans I wouldn't mind going after Mr. Haynesworth if he becomes a free agent, a defensive line of Mario and Haynesworth would be great.
El cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #89
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last I checked both Bulluck53 and myself got our posts deleted in reply to GP.
They delete our posts? Really? Oh well...

Anyways, lets talk football instead of politics here now that a certain someone has vowed not to grace this thread with his presence.

How much has Slaton been used in your game plan?
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #90
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a big Texans fanatic, and hope with all my heart and soul every week that they win.

But I'm not a blind homer (not that there's anything wrong with that). And after suffering through that Steelers game that our team failed to show up for, I don't have a lot to say in the way of believing that the Texans will win this next game.

The Titans look to be a good team right now, and could be the division winners when the dust settles. The Texans will have to play their hearts out to compete, and I'm just not sure where their hearts beat right now.
Old 09-17-2008   #91
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
They delete our posts? Really? Oh well...

Anyways, lets talk football instead of politics here now that a certain someone has vowed not to grace this thread with his presence.

Slaton is getting a lot of time because we don't have anyone else any better than him that is healthy.

Personally, I think the Texans are in for an ass whoopin' this Sunday, but I hope they at least show up for the game. The Texans are not a good team yet, but they are also not a door mat like they used to be. We have a few really great players, some that are OK, and they rest of 'em aren't worth a crap.

But I love my Texans anyway.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #92
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
They really wanted Green to be the feature back and then work Slaton in slowly primarily in 3rd down situations working the edges, getting him out in space, etc. But now he's going to be used like The Man. They'll try to get him 15-20 carries and it's going to be between the tackles as well as outside.

So far, he hasn't looked as good in the passing game as a receiver as expected.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #93
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm... I think he would be most effective as a receiver out of the backfield. In don't know he could bust a few a la CJ. Speed is a dangerous thing.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #94
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's actually spelled "turpitude".
Terpitude is a University of Maryland fan with an attitude.

Tarpitude is defined the level of support that the Jacksonville Jaguars receive from their fanbase that requires tarps placed on all the empty seats.

Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #95
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

When Mario is all over Collins, then we'll see how accurate he is with his passes. I look for Amobe to have a big game. He's overdue to become a force against opposing defenses. AJ, Walter and Andre are gonna step up and have a great game against the Tacks. I can't wait until Sunday to see it. Don't underestimate the Texans. They are primed to surprise many around the league. Slaton may have a 100 yd. day.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008   #96
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Terpitude is a University of Maryland fan with an attitude.

Tarpitude is defined the level of support that the Jacksonville Jaguars receive from their fanbase that requires tarps placed on all the empty seats.

Ok First, someone calls VY "Radio". Frost bank at UTSA is giving away Bill Millers BBQ and now this.... tarpitude.... this is a freaking awesome day. I am gonna get fired for laughing .... but still a good day.
Old 09-18-2008   #97
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i have a thick skin so... It doesnt bother me if we mix it up . I know its not personal.... Its this week so lets freaking enjoy it talking football and running smack. its great.... Actually I am supposed to be working!!!! oooh that talking within your quote didnt turn out as pretty as I expected.
AH is two years out of the stomp incident. In the NFL that is time.

What I fail to see in this thread is anyone giving a solid reason that they think the Texans might win. Yeah any given Sunday and all of that but really? All the arrows are pointing to a Titans win. I guess it could happen but I doubt it.

Who is the 3rd QB in case something happens to Shammy and Sage?

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 09-18-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2008   #98
Polo

Quote:

Who is the 3rd QB in case something happens to Shammy and Sage?
Who is your second QB if something happens to Collins ?
Old 09-18-2008   #99
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

As Texans fans are any of you upset with the amount of effort by the FO to obtain a quality RB in your back field. Slaton has not really proven to be a #1 back and Green is running on empty. Turner was available in the off season and I do not recall the Texans making any moves to try and get him.

Old 09-18-2008   #100
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As Texans fans are any of you upset with the amount of effort by the FO to obtain a quality RB in your back field. Slaton has not really proven to be a #1 back and Green is running on empty. Turner was available in the off season and I do not recall the Texans making any moves to try and get him.
There are several threads dedicated to this topic. Yes, we are pissed that we don't have a solid running game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read