Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2008   #61
AMMOTITAN
Rookie

Default Re: Texans vs Tacks..........

My point was, that Vince was much more a Running Threat than Kerry, who throws a much more accurate ball.

Besides, that post was made before Vince Young went mental...I mean come on....who can predict something like that was going to happen.

So instead of worrying about what I posted a year ago, you should really worry about weather your team should even play this game.....
AMMOTITAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #62
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOTITAN View Post

Besides, that post was made before Vince Young went mental...I mean come on....who can predict something like that was going to happen.

One clue is when your QBs jersey number is higher than his Wonderlic

Quote:
So instead of worrying about what I posted a year ago, you should really worry about weather your team should even play this game.....
Hurricane smack? Really? There are plenty of threads that are talking about that very thing. This is the Texans vs. Tacks thread.

You are on a Texans message board running smack. Don't be surprised when people don't agree with you or call you out on something.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #63
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a forum for smack talk everyone. Let's not pollute this one with puerile comments that belong there.
Old 09-17-2008   #64
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Hurricane smack? Really? There are plenty of threads that are talking about that very thing. This is the Texans vs. Tacks thread.
I don't think the inability to spell whether was hurricane smack.
Old 09-17-2008   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Its all fun and games man, I am just offering a different opinion.
No, you're just obsessed with our team. I wouldn't spend ONE FREAKING SECOND at "your" board. But here you are, loitering in our parking lot after midnight all the time.

Seems VY is gender-confused and it seems that you're team-confused.

You didn't even have a team until Bud Adams UPS'd his team to Tennessee. Bud will grow tired of Tennessee some day, and you won't have a team anymore. Think on that for a second or two.

All it will take is for the league to decide they want another team in California, such as L.A., and Bud will invent a list of offenses to throw at your city...and he'll be gone with the team, following that California money and larger market exposure.

I hope we smash the Titans because I am tired of you acting one way one second, and then turning around and acting like an ass the very next (and expecting us to welcome you back all the time). Don't take advantage of our Texas hospitality because it's a short lease once you try and get cute with us.
Old 09-17-2008   #66
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My point was, that Vince was much more a Running Threat than Kerry, who throws a much more accurate ball.

Yeah, it was a real shocker.

Vince is a one-trick pony, and it's caught up with him. I think people saw that aspect of his game a long, long time ago. The guy used his one trick to beat a college team, and it doesn't translate to the Pro game.

Vince bought all the hype that was thrown at the NFL's fan base. He cashed a check he wasn't good for. This ends one way: He's done.

So much for your franchise QB. He had one highlight against a team he was supposedly going to "haunt" for the next 15 years: Running it into the end zone against us, and acting the fool with his celebration. Well, I guess that'll never happen again. I hope you have it DVR'd so you can watch it.

Time to start looking at Kiper's best-available QBs. Again.
Old 09-17-2008   #67
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting game.

Generally the teams have had a number of very close games.

We really do not know much about this Texans team. Clearly they struggled against Pittsburgh--a team with a good QB, good D, plays well at home.

Instead of getting their feet under them against the Ravens, they are playing in division on the road after a necessary break.

I guess based on what we know, the big matchups have to be:

Texans offensive line versus Titans defensive line.

Whether the Texans offense can hold onto the ball or give the Titans easy points.

Whether the Texans defense can be disciplined against a team that can run and has speed.

How the Texans respond to the hurricane. Fired up or messed up.
Old 09-17-2008   #68
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
There is a forum for smack talk everyone. Let's not pollute this one with puerile comments that belong there.
Ok where is that? it seems everywhere you go someone gets sensitive about something. Or maybe I am only one with thick skin since I took it hard for years for being a fan of our former QB. Smack is smack whenever you have opposing opinions. People shouldnt be so sensitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
No, you're just obsessed with our team. I wouldn't spend ONE FREAKING SECOND at "your" board. But here you are, loitering in our parking lot after midnight all the time.

You didn't even have a team until Bud Adams UPS'd his team to Tennessee. Bud will grow tired of Tennessee some day, and you won't have a team anymore. Think on that for a second or two.

All it will take is for the league to decide they want another team in California, such as L.A., and Bud will invent a list of offenses to throw at your city...and he'll be gone with the team, following that California money and larger market exposure.

I hope we smash the Titans because I am tired of you acting one way one second, and then turning around and acting like an ass the very next (and expecting us to welcome you back all the time). Don't take advantage of our Texas hospitality because it's a short lease once you try and get cute with us.
This is Grade A quality smack and it is the point that myself and others have been trying to make for years. Visitors come in here insult team city and state and if anyone steps up and offers some smack in return, we get benched , posts yanked or even worse banned for life. I just dont understand.
Quote:
Yeah, it was a real shocker.

Vince is a one-trick pony, and it's caught up with him. I think people saw that aspect of his game a long, long time ago. The guy used his one trick to beat a college team, and it doesn't translate to the Pro game.

Vince bought all the hype that was thrown at the NFL's fan base. He cashed a check he wasn't good for. This ends one way: He's done.

So much for your franchise QB. He had one highlight against a team he was supposedly going to "haunt" for the next 15 years: Running it into the end zone against us, and acting the fool with his celebration. Well, I guess that'll never happen again. I hope you have it DVR'd so you can watch it.

Time to start looking at Kiper's best-available QBs. Again.
And that is what we call a burn. the Titans are the one organization to run smack against.
However, since I dont want to get banned from any of the Texans sites. I will stick to the following lines:
The Titans organization is not as good as the Texans organization.
The Titans organization lacks moral terpitude.
The level of class that Titan fan displays provides my stomach some discomfort.

Thank you.... and have a nice day
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #69
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know this wasn't directed at me but I'll try and tackle it anyway.

So because we come over here looking for discussion about a football game we are obsessed with the Texans? Now you'll say that BA and I, mostly BA, are here all the time. Well yea, that's because its a good message board. Its good for discussion, its good for a friendly smack talk between two rivals, and I see our presence here as a testament to that.

This board is a lot more welcoming than other teams because there aren't many poster like you who refuse to partake in a discussion because we root for a different team. Luckily, TexansTalk isn't infested with that kind of fan, only a few like you want to make it hard to get new members from other teams.

Tats why I frequent message boards that are simply for NFL fans rather than specific teams. It provides for better conversation instead of the normal bias that is spewed on teams sites. I feel like this is in the former's mold, an opposing fan can come here and talk football without being persecuted for being a rival.

If you don't like what we have to say then oppose it in a post, that's how discussions are started. Don't come in here and jump all over us for wanting to talk football.

Sorry to jump in there but that's annoying as hell.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #70
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Interesting game.

Generally the teams have had a number of very close games.

We really do not know much about this Texans team. Clearly they struggled against Pittsburgh--a team with a good QB, good D, plays well at home.

Instead of getting their feet under them against the Ravens, they are playing in division on the road after a necessary break.

I guess based on what we know, the big matchups have to be:

Texans offensive line versus Titans defensive line.

Whether the Texans offense can hold onto the ball or give the Titans easy points.

Whether the Texans defense can be disciplined against a team that can run and has speed.

How the Texans respond to the hurricane. Fired up or messed up.
Yeah, you have to wonder if their heads will be in the game or not. I know I'm really not in mode right now, but getting back to this board is nice.
Old 09-17-2008   #71
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I would like to see Andre Davis and Jacoby Jones get some play in this game. I can't see any of the Tacks DB's staying with them on deep routes. Just don't match up as far as speed is concerned. Of course we probably won't see either of them play a single down. I could be wrong about that, but what a shame not to utilize that to our advantage.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #72
AMMOTITAN
Rookie

So where is this Smack board so I dont offend anyone?
Old 09-17-2008   #73
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So where is this Smack board so I dont offend anyone?
Here, knock yourself out.

Rivalry Talk

Titan/Texan smack thread

No, really, I mean that literally.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #74
AMMOTITAN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
One clue is when your QBs jersey number is higher than his Wonderlic

You are on a Texans message board running smack. Don't be surprised when people don't agree with you or call you out on something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancerdog View Post
I would like to see Andre Davis and Jacoby Jones get some play in this game. I can't see any of the Tacks DB's staying with them on deep routes. Just don't match up as far as speed is concerned. Of course we probably won't see either of them play a single down. I could be wrong about that, but what a shame not to utilize that to our advantage.
While I dont think anyone can match up with AJ one on one, Finnegan will play him tough. As far as the other two.......Griff and Hope over the top help out quite a bit, cause Harper needs it. Harper is tough against the run, but not against the pass. If your QB gets time to throw he could pick us apart. But getting time...thats the problem.
Old 09-17-2008   #75
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Don't kid yourself; I visit all of the AFC South teams boards. This just happens to be Texans week.

Quote:
Now you are running smack on a player that will not see the field. What bearing does he have on the outcome? I can see how my comments would have stung a bit but I do not think I really ran 'smack' about them in this thread. I gave an opinion which though most of you will not admit was pretty close to how you actually feel if you were to take an unbias look at both teams.

Quote:
I was an Oilers fan before the move and a Titans fan after. I have made that pretty clear and have no issues hiding it. If this team moves to LA and become the Los Angels Dynamite, I will then be a LA Dynamite fan. I am not loyal to the city but loyal to the memories I have of the team growing up. A rose by any other name and all that.

Quote:
Good I live in CA. Maybe I would get to see more games?

Quote:
Noticed you avoided everything close to football conversation, smart move. I added that last line to try and ease the tension you seem to be all up in arms about me daring to have a differing opinion on the game. I broke down what I feel the two teams have to offer. You have offered little more then 'cuz' as a response.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The MJD thing was a BS witch hunt but the other incident is accurate. Justin Hartwig was the guy he stomped in practice BTW.
The MJD thing was iffy. I wouldn't say BS though.

Justin Hartwig. Thanks forgot who it was.
Old 09-17-2008   #77
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans are gonna loose because the Texans are gonna be fired up to bring some cheer to a devastated region. Kerry Collins is gonna feel two weeks of pent up frustration rain down on him in the form of Mario Williams. Steve Slaton is gonna keep your line honest and in run stop mode. Our vastly improved passing attack will take advantage of your blitzing schems with quick passes to our TE Owen Daniels, Kevin Walter and both ANDREs. You see the Texans have what are called Wide Receivers, your team may not be familiar with the term, but they are commonly used in the NFL.
If you do figure out to use yours and pass the ball, the Texans no longer have to fear the passing attack since they have perfected the "hide the Petey Faggins" game.
Texans 21- titans 10

As for my smack!!!!
The level of class that Titan fan displays provides my stomach some discomfort
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #78
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Don't kid yourself; I visit all of the AFC South teams boards. This just happens to be Texans week.
You're here a lot more than just when it's Texans week. Give me a break with that one. Now you're distorting your visitation frequency on here, trying to shrug your shoulders and do the "What, me?" act.

And as far as your argument goes, on the "I was an Oilers fan..," maybe that's true. But I don't live in Houston, either. And when Bud decided to take the team from TEXAS...I freaking GAVE UP on NFL football. Period. I made a vow to remain "NFL celibate" until we got a team back. Bud Adams doesn't know anything about making vows or keeping his word, or being honorable. He's a bad suit with a lump of excrement inside it. And if you want to worship him and his team, then all I got to say is "Okey-dokey!" Have at it.

You apparently don't live in Texas, so you're right when you say that your allegiance to a team is not built on where they are at. But here's a news flash for you: The vast majority of Texans fans were loyal Oilers fans, inside Texas, who had their team ripped from them. Maybe you don't have the same feelings as us, but for you to basically minimize our feelings with your comments of how you "don't have an allegiance to a team because of memories or where it's located" is enough for me to flame your posts forever. Every chance I get.

This is our house. So quit pee'ing on the furniture, please.

Say what you want, reply what you want. I'm done with this particular thread. You'll continue to act passive-aggressive, as if you're just talking football talk and we're misunderstanding you, and I'll continue to smack right back at ya'.
Old 09-17-2008   #79
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
As for my smack!!!!
The level of class that Titan fan displays provides my stomach some discomfort
It's not smack if you can back it.

The Titans organization has made multiple playoff appearances including a Super Bowl appearance. We are 10-2 against the Texans and have actually had a winning season. I disagree with your first comment based on these facts.

It's actually spelled "turpitude". Name a player on our current roster that that applies too? We have had trouble players in the past and we cut them. AH has had issues but has also served his suspension, taken classes on anger management and seems to have at least kept his anger in check on the field since the incindent. I fail to see who you are talking about on our team.

You are entitled to your own opinion about the fan base but I do not see and grounds for it. When the boards merged I was in the suggestions thread trying to give input to help the site get better.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #80
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
NOPE...

On the TOMB I am madfantoronto....
I don't bother with any other board, don't have the time. Hell I spend almost as much time here arguing politics than I do talking football there.

and yes, I've spent too much time in Canada eh
hmmm. There is a Toronto Titan for sure on gotits.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read