Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2008   #241
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Tacks..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
Not here to throw smack at you dude. But from what I have seen with in this thread you did your part of throwing around petty insults. If your going to do it at least own up to it.

I do believe it was Blazing Arrow that turned this thread on it's head anyway. He was good up until post #41. Then it was like the light went on, or was it off, upstairs.

Anyway, hopefully the Texans pull this one out. Although I have a feeling the D is going to continue getting schooled until DC Smith can afford to buy a clue or 10.
Exactly, I dont recall calling anyone white trash either. Titans fans are good at lobbing bombs and then overreacting when someone takes offense to it. As i have said my company line of smack is gonna be.

TheTitans organization is not as good as the Texans.
Some of the Titans lack moral turpitude.
Titans fans make my stomach feel queasy.
Texans rule Titans drool etc etc.....

Im sure that will offend someone here.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #242
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyways can we freaking play the game already....

I want to hear from those affected by Ike.... What does this game mean to you on the overall scheme of things?
Old 09-20-2008   #243
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Albert Einstein once said that the definition of insanity was repeating the same behavior over and over while expecting different results. Well, run, run, run has unfortunately been what the Texans in the past have made their resounding theme. It has consistently resulted in 4 plays of run-run-pass-punt. The run mentality has more so than not led to the RB having his nose stuffed up our center’s butt, with no time to “visualize” the field and find the hole (except the center’s ahole)........and all of this usually occurring around the LOS. With this approach we have been forced to pass the ball at the end of the game to try to catch up. And as you know, too many forced passes=a strong recipe for interceptions. This run at all cost “disease” has almost destroyed this team. What is the cure?.....................Im’ not sure that at this point anyone has the definitive answer. But what I do know is that the doctor cannot continue to feed a medicine to a dying patient....................a medicine that doesn’t work.
I can't bold portions of this post because it is ALL so important, and true.

Last season, Kubiak ended the year by saying (and I try to quote it as well as I can)..."You know, I think we just might be a good enough passing team to play as a passing team that sets up the run..."

And then he was quoted as saying that he might start carrying THREE QBs on the active roster, (again, trying to quote it as accurately as I can): "I don't want to go through that again...I know that we usually carry 2, but I am starting to think seriously about carrying a third QB..."

So here we have Kubiak, out-and-out letting people know that he thinks we have a pretty good passing game, that it might be good enough to pas a lot and let the run be a supplement. He even says he thinks he needs to carry an extra QB, which DUH! wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

Yet, here we are: Trying to act like Gibbs has installed this beautiful running attack that is going to start clicking immediately.

We need to get AJ, Walter, Davis, Anderson, and Jones on the field at the same time, or at least a 4-WR set and Daniels at TE, and pas, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass until we are stopped. This loosens the LBs up and they are a bit split between looking for the slants and crossing routes OR looking for the run out of the backfield that might be coming at some point.

We do NOT have a running game that can open up the pass. And the quicker Kubiak absorbs it (FULLY) the better.
Old 09-20-2008   #244
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've told him I don't want that white trash stuff but he doesn't listen too well....don't think our community really cares for the racist stuff or the mean spirited generalizations.

On the second point...this website participates in the fan2fan alliance and we encourage rival fans to come over and participate.
Who is being racist?
Old 09-20-2008   #245
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post

Some of the Titans lack moral turpitude.

Im sure that will offend someone here.
I know how hard you are trying to offend people while acting innocent of such devious design, so let me give you some help:

Saying someone lacks moral turpitude isn't an insult.

tur·pi·tude [tur-pi-tood, -tyood]
–noun
vile, shameful, or base character; depravity.
a vile or depraved act.

www.dictionary.com - Try it sometime.
Old 09-20-2008   #246
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I know how hard you are trying to offend people while acting innocent of such devious design, so let me give you some help:

Saying someone lacks moral turpitude isn't an insult.

tur·pi·tude [tur-pi-tood, -tyood]
–noun
vile, shameful, or base character; depravity.
a vile or depraved act.

www.dictionary.com - Try it sometime.
no I am not trying to offend anyone, but it feels like you can only say canned stuff like that in order not to offend anyone. It seems like we have to bend over and just let opposing fans run over us.
Old 09-20-2008   #247
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

You seem to be as offended as anyone. I think you're also the one that said some trash talk is OK when I tried to cut it off a couple of days ago.

If you want to talk it, man up and take it too and quit whining about how sensitive everyone else is.
Old 09-20-2008   #248
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You seem to be as offended as anyone. I think you're also the one that said some trash talk is OK when I tried to cut it off a couple of days ago.

If you want to talk it, man up and take it too and quit whining about how sensitive everyone else is.
Trust me I am not... I am to the point ... I just want the game to be over with. I have never said I was offended. I just question why come here to insult our team?
Old 09-20-2008   #249
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

We need to get AJ, Walter, Davis, Anderson, and Jones on the field at the same time, or at least a 4-WR set and Daniels at TE, and pas, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass until we are stopped. This loosens the LBs up and they are a bit split between looking for the slants and crossing routes OR looking for the run out of the backfield that might be coming at some point.

We do NOT have a running game that can open up the pass. And the quicker Kubiak absorbs it (FULLY) the better.
Owen Daniels was one of the bright spots from Pitt, he made some huge plays. If Schaub can use him as his safety , maybe he wont throw bad pics.
Old 09-20-2008   #250
AMMOTITAN
Rookie

Well Good luck Texan fans. I hope for a good game, where there are no serious injuries on either side.............and I hope the titans look like the team us titans fans think they are.
AMMOTITAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #251
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOTITAN View Post
Well Good luck Texan fans. I hope for a good game, where there are no serious injuries on either side.............and I hope the titans look like the team us titans fans think they are.
No and injuries and no excuses.... the best way to play.

24-10 Texans win and get a six game streak started.
Old 09-21-2008   #252
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
there are far to many variables going into this game to predict, most of which are negative for the Texans though. The only way this game is won is if the Texans get some sort of mental "just win one for the Gipper" sort of attitude. Otherwise, we start the season 0-2.

But, here's to a 1-1 start for our season!
Believe it or not , I re watched the Steelers game the other night. The Steelers covered the flats and out patterns like they had a microphone planted on Shanahan. I've never seen three four DE's have a day like the Steelers DEs had. Corners have to play the run better. DTs have to play the run better. I think they will do the same thing with Chris Johnson as the Steelers did with their RBs. Lock our LBs one on one with their Rbs. We haven't stopped it yet. And folks aren't going to stop running it until we do. There's no Hines Ward over there. But it seems every time we come up against a back up QB, he kills us. Matt not spotting them twenty one with short fields would help. Who is the line Judge this week any way ?
Old 09-21-2008   #253
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOTITAN View Post
I hope the titans look like the team us titans fans think they are.
They are who we thought they were!

And we aint gonna lettem off the hook !

Did I mention I hate Bud ? Bud likes VY sausage Bud should change their uniforms to this shade of pink

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #254
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Believe it or not , I re watched the Steelers game the other night. The Steelers covered the flats and out patterns like they had a microphone planted on Shanahan. I've never seen three four DE's have a day like the Steelers DEs had. Corners have to play the run better. DTs have to play the run better. I think they will do the same thing with Chris Johnson as the Steelers did with their RBs. Lock our LBs one on one with their Rbs. We haven't stopped it yet. And folks aren't going to stop running it until we do. There's no Hines Ward over there. But it seems every time we come up against a back up QB, he kills us. Matt not spotting them twenty one with short fields would help. Who is the line Judge this week any way ?
I agree 100% it seemed to me the Texans were not able to make stops on third down. Steelers were.
Old 09-21-2008   #255
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I doubt they remember that Pud prostituted himself to Jacksonville a few years earlier, like a child throwing a temper tantrum to get his extra seats and ruin our scoreboard / light show... Titans fan may ask why he approached Jacksonville?? Because that's who that loser, jabba the hut lookin', drunk, finger flipping, carpet baggin POS is...
Here is a great YouTube clip of the old scoreboard...

Home Run Spectaclular

you get to see it in action about the 3:55 mark but the whole video is worth you time watching.

Alot of old Chester Charge clips and Rally Killers I had forgotten about. Brings back a flood of memories...

screw you bud.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #256
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just looking forward to seeing my first game of the season.

I'm surprised to hear the the Texans are struggling as based on last years finish I thought you were on the up & up. I very interested to see what both teams are about right now.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #257
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

We have struggled for one game against Pittsburgh and the doomsdayers came out in droves.

The Texans are a better team than what we saw that first week and I think this game is closer than people are giving credit.
Old 09-21-2008   #258
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Here is a great YouTube clip of the old scoreboard...

Home Run Spectaclular

you get to see it in action about the 3:55 mark but the whole video is worth you time watching.

Alot of old Chester Charge clips and Rally Killers I had forgotten about. Brings back a flood of memories...

screw you bud.
Brings tears to the eyes......

Houston Oilers....Houston Oilers.....Houston Oilers # 1.. that was history.
I remember that my Dad took me to alot of Astros and Oilers games. That scoreboard was a freaking highlight of my childhood. Time with dad, talking to the players MLB NFL. Watching the scoreboard go off hearing milo say hooooooly toledo a big belter by the big bopper. awesome. I was disappointed when they took it out for more seating. Thanks Bud.... Then they left....up yours Bud.... and then he voted against SA having a team as he was leaving the state....screw you bud. CRUSH THE TACKS
Old 09-21-2008   #259
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Anyways can we freaking play the game already....

I want to hear from those affected by Ike.... What does this game mean to you on the overall scheme of things?
posting from my PDA.

have whole house generator so never w/o power, but Comcast pulled internet early on. that said, beating the titans will be sweet if we can get it done. a road win against a division opponent is a Texans rarity, but I hope we can pull it off today.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #260
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
posting from my PDA.

have whole house generator so never w/o power, but Comcast pulled internet early on. that said, beating the titans will be sweet if we can get it done. a road win against a division opponent is a Texans rarity, but I hope we can pull it off today.
I am hoping we beat the Titans today. With that said I am also hoping that I win the lottery.

So heres to hope.

I think Chris Johnson and Cheeseburger are going to run all over us and Collins is going to pick our secondary apart. On that note, we still wont be able to run the ball and Schaub will continue to throw in triple coverage.

I hope the Titans don't put 40 on us, but again, heres to hope.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read