Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2008   #201
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Tacks..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
*ahem* Aren't we still paying for those renovations? LWPO! (Laughing While Pissed Off)
YES!!! Thus, much of the lingering animosity....
Old 09-19-2008   #202
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I still don't see the anger people have for nashville or bud. We shoud blame the former mayor lanier. He took a business prop and mde it personal. The old soul singer had a song, "its cheaper to keep her." I can ask anyone with any sense, if we had to give bud a 350m stadium vs a 350m stadium plus 600m franchise fee. which do u want? Not only that, if La wouldn't have fumbled, houston wouldn't even have a team now. Top that off, they gave Drayton, te most undeserving owner in houston a stadium 1st. If it would have been put up for a vote, I guesing the oilers would stil be in houston.
Old 09-19-2008   #203
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
this has to be the most honest, genuine post I have ever read from a Houston fan on the matter. Excuse my ignorance. Who is Justice and what did he write? Is he a columist for The Chronicle ?
Richard Justice writes for The Chronicle . He wrote an article on how Alex Gibbs yelled at his players to much . Texan Chick questioned him on the article ( HOF OL coach vs sports writer ) and the guy started insulting her .
Old 09-19-2008   #204
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Richard Justice writes for The Chronicle . He wrote an article on how Alex Gibbs yelled at his players to much . Texan Chick questioned him on the article ( HOF OL coach vs hack) and the guy started stalking her .
Fixed for accuracy.....
Old 09-19-2008   #205
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I still don't see the anger people have for nashville or bud. We shoud blame the former mayor lanier. He took a business prop and mde it personal. The old soul singer had a song, "its cheaper to keep her." I can ask anyone with any sense, if we had to give bud a 350m stadium vs a 350m stadium plus 600m franchise fee. which do u want? Not only that, if La wouldn't have fumbled, houston wouldn't even have a team now. Top that off, they gave Drayton, te most undeserving owner in houston a stadium 1st. If it would have been put up for a vote, I guesing the oilers would stil be in houston.
we only had to pay what we did for the texans b/c that turd left......... direct cause & effect. & LA as in the city doesn't want a team; that much is obvious. The NFL just wants so badly to put one there b/c it's a top TV market. Bud just wanted to leave all along... I think TB mentioned his failed attempt in J-ville years before. No consideration of the fans & city's connection to the team, the history that franchise developed here. As far as i'm concerned, the only thing worse in terms of franchise's switching cities is the Baltimore colts packing up in the middle of the night going to Indy. Only concern he had was of his pocket book. Thinking about that whole ordeal just makes me want to snatch that toupe off his dome & stuff it down his throat....

Last edited by Mr teX; 09-19-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #206
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Fixed for accuracy.....
You know this storm and all has my memory clouded .
Old 09-19-2008   #207
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see the Texans hit Albert Haynesworth hard, I mean knock the living shit out of him. He likes to play dirty so we should give him some of his own medicine. I want to see grass stains on his helmet and jersey.

I'm ready for the game! I hope the Texans control the line of scrimmage.........

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2008   #208
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I want to see the Texans hit Albert Haynesworth hard, I mean knock the living shit out of him. He likes to play dirty so we should give him some of his own medicine. I want to see grass stains on his helmet and jersey.

I'm ready for the game! I hope the Texans control the line of scrimmage.........
not likely...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #209
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You know this storm and all has my memory clouded .
Understood... Just doing my neighborly part to help pick you up.
Old 09-19-2008   #210
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

Fat Albert had a concusion in week one so how about a false start on the first play ... hmmm .... it may be dirty but soooooooooooo .

Do we have a guard that fires out hard enough to ring someone's bell ?
Old 09-19-2008   #211
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:

Other then the Head stomp incedent what has be done as a dirty play?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #212
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Kicked his Hartwig in the chest and thrown MJD to the ground for which he was penalized and fined for.....
Old 09-19-2008   #213
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Kicked another team ate in the chest at practice during a drill. You must have missed that one.

What are you waiting for Albert to do, shank a guy in the trenches to finally call him dirty? After he stomped on a guy's head during a game, the verdict on Albert was out. No deliberation, no consulting, no discussion. He is dirty as hell.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #214
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

Quote:
Kicked his Hartwig in the chest and thrown MJD to the ground for which he was penalized and fined for.....

Thanks Bill

He's a good player but I don't like him and I can only hope the Texans punch him in the mouth.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #215
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hartwig was in practice and to his own teammate.

MJD was very questionable and the entire bench for the Titans were calling fowl when the flag was thrown.

From the statement I quoted it seems as if he has a habitual pattern of fines and penalties for his play which is not accurate.

I personally have been pretty vocal about AH's issues but allot of them seem to boil to a head when the stomp happened. He was out of line and I really think he thought his career was on the line. He did what was necessary to grow up and mature which I don't think anyone can fault him on. We are not 2 years past that incident and while he still deserves heat for it I do not think it defines who he is as a player.

Now if you called him a lazy slug who sits out plays and fakes injury because he needs a breather ... well I cannot really argue that one.

Old 09-19-2008   #216
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Kicked another team ate in the chest at practice during a drill. You must have missed that one.

What are you waiting for Albert to do, shank a guy in the trenches to finally call him dirty? After he stomped on a guy's head during a game, the verdict on Albert was out. No deliberation, no consulting, no discussion. He is dirty as hell.
I actually told TB who the other player was in practice ... so yeah I recall it well.

No I am not waiting for him to do that but if he was hacking a guy at the knee or hitting a QB late the fines would increase. The guy was in the wrong, he admits that. He went to anger management classes, did not fight the fine or the suspension. He took it like a man and fesses up to his mistake and on top of that did his time. In the end how much more can he do to prove he is not that same player anymore? In your eyes he is dirty because of one incident in 5 seasons of play. About time to forgive and see what he has to offer after rehab.

Old 09-19-2008   #217
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 474 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

I am afraid that we are playing the best team in the league this weekend.........now that the WORST QB TO EVER PLAY IN THE NFL....is not starting they are almost unstoppable....I hate to say it...but I am afraid our o-line is going to get their teeth smashed in. I even hate to say this...but I truly believe if they stay healthy they will win the Superbowl.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #218
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI, It sounds like TJ will be out of Sundays game. It also appears Okam will be activated.

Quote:
Sixteenth-year veteran Jeff Zgonina will start in Johnson’s place alongside Amobi Okoye. Zgonina played in all 16 games for the Texans last season, starting one. Behind Zgonina, rookie defensive tackle Frank Okam will see his first game action since being drafted in the fifth round from the University of Texas. He was inactive against the Steelers in Week 1.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4651
Old 09-19-2008   #219
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoubleeagle View Post
I am afraid that we are playing the best team in the league this weekend.........now that the WORST QB TO EVER PLAY IN THE NFL....is not starting they are almost unstoppable....I hate to say it...but I am afraid our o-line is going to get their teeth smashed in. I even hate to say this...but I truly believe if they stay healthy they will win the Superbowl.
Meh, it's a problem, but they're not THAT good.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #220
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

If it helps our best WR will be out for the game. I would tell you his name but no one would know who he is.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read