Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2008   #181
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Tacks..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Titan only responds to positive comments about the Tennbreds. He's always been a complete homer. He says nothing bothers him, yet his posts have such a condescending tone..

I thing his little Reebok NFL Apparel Titan panties get all bunched up.

And thank god my only memories about the Oilers was my dad throwing stuff at the tv because he was "done with that f'ing team."

Ahhhh... How things change. They went to a Super Bowl in TN, what a great franchise blah blah blah.

Well now its week 3 of the 2008 season, and the organization still doesn't have any Lombardi trophies.

Silver lining alert: at least the NFL championship was WITHIN REACH!
well, I'm trying to foster positive relations here... I try to respond to all posts it's just that I have a criteria that dictates that I respond to them according to worthiness... not necessarily the order of their submission. Last year we parted ways amicably, Shaft... so run the mouth. I'd like to cook you some crow pie.
Old 09-19-2008   #182
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
exactly right!!! The only reason the titans were 10-6 was because of us and two plays in those games. They say the league is a one possesion game well it happened to us twice. At home Dunta got beat and in Tenn when Jacoby fumbled. that is how close yall were to being 8-8. Thats in the past. The games have always been close. I am done talking anything with this dude.
I have a feeling you're just getting started. You got to play 60 minutes. You sound like Norv Turner crying. It's a game of inches... for sixty minutes.. I hear so much would'a/should'a here... It's amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros
i just cant see the merit of someone coming to an opposing fan site and insulting their fans.
When, where and how... I've been down right cordial. I haven't been insulting anyone. Actually, I don't even feel offended... I think the white trash stuff is in poor taste but I'll take the 10-2 all-time to keep me warm at night. So you're insulted huh? Did I hurt your feelings ripping on your kicker blowing the 2005 game in Nashville? aww... call an WAAAAmbulance.
Quote:
great you like your team... great you think they are better than ours great.... relax broham.... we ragg on the titans and tennesee because its fun and easy and well its our site.
that's fine... rag on... and I'll defend.
Quote:
i can only speak for myself but.. I dont go to other team sites and looking for it. I will mix it up. if its presented. So yes, her you may see a few posts regarding inbred children of uranus and yes you may hear a few moonshine cracks. Its here only...not on your site. If there are Texan fans that go to other sites and start trouble.. then they deserve to get some grief. Your not gonna convince us. Titans suck end of story.
well, the SUCK Titans win over the AWESOME Texans 83% of the time. And a few Tex-types wander out of the pasture to goTitans... hell, the website here displays a link there.. you ever look at the front page? Believe it or not buddy the admins of this site and others like it encourage what you can not see the "merit" in... I welcome well meaning fans of another feather to the site from which I hail. Sitting around with nothing but a bunch of homer buddies isn't any fun. It's good to inject some objectivity and partial predjudice. It makes for great debate. I don't live in a cookie cutter world.

Quote:
Athens of the South? really? I thought the Athens of the south would be the actual Athens, you know Athens , Georgia.........
I think texans bill is right.. they stole it from the jets just like they stole team and colors. Personally, I think they named it Titans was be cause it rhymed. I still prefer the tackling elvi or the Algores
It's not rhyme. Hells Bells is rhyme. I guess it is a "found" name. For what it's worth the Jets organization had to approve of it's usage... what of your own name? Does Kansas City take issue with that? Do I have to explain that one to you?

Last edited by Bipolar The Titan; 09-19-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Bipolar The Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #183
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
Does Kansas City take issue with that? Do I have to explain that one to you?
The Houston Texans didn't have to ask or let the Chefs approve it. The Texans (now Chefs) was an AFL team. The Dallas Texans moved to Kansas City as an AFL team... But guess what an owner with class does like Bob McNair??

Picks up the phone and personally asks Lamar Hunt (RIP) for permission to use the name anyway.....
Old 09-19-2008   #184
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
The Houston Texans didn't have to ask or let the Chefs approve it. The Texans (now Chefs) was an AFL team. The Dallas Texans moved to Kansas City as an AFL team... But guess what an owner with class does like Bob McNair??

Picks up the phone and personally asks Lamar Hunt (RIP) for permission to use the name anyway.....
I didn't imply that they had to ask permission. The New York Titans were an AFL team as well... educate me oh wise one.. for real, I'm asking a respectful question here... what did my scumbag pos owner do?

was there a lawsuit or something? I imagine that permission was sought. Seriously... your post seems to imply Bud did something wrong...

tell me what and how. please.
Old 09-19-2008   #185
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
... what did my scumbag pos owner do?
Seriously, is that a rhetorical question??
Old 09-19-2008   #186
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

When, where and how... I've been down right cordial. I haven't been insulting anyone. Actually, I don't even feel offended... I think the white trash stuff is in poor taste but I'll take the 10-2 all-time to keep me warm at night. So you're insulted huh? Did I hurt your feelings ripping on your kicker blowing the 2005 game in Nashville? aww... call an WAAAAmbulance.

well, the SUCK Titans win over the AWESOME Texans 83% of the time. And a few Tex-types wander out of the pasture to goTitans... hell, the website here displays a link there.. you ever look at the front page? Believe it or not buddy the admins of this site and others like it encourage what you can not see the "merit" in.
I've told him I don't want that white trash stuff but he doesn't listen too well....don't think our community really cares for the racist stuff or the mean spirited generalizations.

On the second point...this website participates in the fan2fan alliance and we encourage rival fans to come over and participate.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #187
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
no, it's not. I thought I was clear. There isn't even a hint of sarcasm in the query. In regards to contacting the Jets about the shelved name? Did he not act in a similar fashion?
Old 09-19-2008   #188
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've told him I don't want that white trash stuff but he doesn't listen too well....don't think our community really cares for the racist stuff or the mean spirited generalizations.

On the second point...this website participates in the fan2fan alliance and we encourage rival fans to come over and participate.
thanks. +rep
Old 09-19-2008   #189
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't imply that they had to ask permission. The New York Titans were an AFL team as well... educate me oh wise one.. for real, I'm asking a respectful question here... what did my scumbag pos owner do?

was there a lawsuit or something? I imagine that permission was sought. Seriously... your post seems to imply Bud did something wrong...

tell me what and how. please.
I think truth be told ... Bud felt betrayed just as much by the city as the city did by Bud . The city really got mad when the Titans made it to the SB cause that was supposed to be ours .

Then we freaken got Charlie Casserly who set us back years but when I open up the paper and bypass what Justice wrote ... I see things about the Texans ... so I'm good .
Old 09-19-2008   #190
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. To me, things like this is just more reason the Oilers history should've been left in Houston. I reckon at least half their fans are clueless of what went on prior to moving to the Backwoods.
Old 09-19-2008   #191
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
no, it's not. I thought I was clear. There isn't even a hint of sarcasm in the query. In regards to contacting the Jets about the shelved name? Did he not act in a similar fashion?
Dud hasn't acted, in any scenario, with the least bit of class. Who knows if he contacted the Owner of the Jets or not personally... My guess is that he had attorneys contact the Jets for him rather than make a personal phone call..
Old 09-19-2008   #192
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think truth be told ... Bud felt betrayed just as much by the city as the city did by Bud . The city really got mad when the Titans made it to the SB cause that was supposed to be ours .

Then we freaken got Charlie Casserly who set us back years but when I open up the paper and bypass what Justice wrote ... I see things about the Texans ... so I'm good .
this has to be the most honest, genuine post I have ever read from a Houston fan on the matter. Excuse my ignorance. Who is Justice and what did he write? Is he a columist for The Chronicle ?
Old 09-19-2008   #193
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I was thinking the same thing. To me, things like this is just more reason the Oilers history should've been left in Houston. I reckon at least half their fans are clueless of what went on prior to moving to the Backwoods.
I doubt they remember that Pud prostituted himself to Jacksonville a few years earlier, like a child throwing a temper tantrum to get his extra seats and ruin our scoreboard / light show... Titans fan may ask why he approached Jacksonville?? Because that's who that loser, jabba the hut lookin', drunk, finger flipping, carpet baggin POS is...
Old 09-19-2008   #194
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Dud hasn't acted, in any scenario, with the least bit of class. Who knows if he contacted the Owner of the Jets or not personally... My guess is that he had attorneys contact the Jets for him rather than make a personal phone call..
You're guess is probably right. You have peaked my curiosity though. I know for a fact that Bud called then Mayor Bredesen on the phone. So he may have called The Jets owner. I don't know much about the Jets. I'd like to look that up later. I'll report my findings, if any, to you.
Old 09-19-2008   #195
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
I doubt they remember that Pud prostituted himself to Jacksonville a few years earlier, like a child throwing a temper tantrum to get his extra seats and ruin our scoreboard / light show... Titans fan may ask why he approached Jacksonville?? Because that's who that loser, jabba the hut lookin', drunk, finger flipping, carpet baggin POS is...
Didn't Jacksonville just lose a bid to Charlotte at the time?

lol at the jabba thing... He does look a bit hutt-ish.

I thought he really wanted a stadium but was willing to settle for renovations. That's not the case?
Old 09-19-2008   #196
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
You're guess is probably right. You have peaked my curiosity though. I know for a fact that Bud called then Mayor Bredesen on the phone. So he may have called The Jets owner. I don't know much about the Jets. I'd like to look that up later. I'll report my findings, if any, to you.
Bredesen had a fist full of cash for Dud... There was no financial gain in calling the Jets organization.
Old 09-19-2008   #197
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

I thought he really wanted a stadium but was willing to settle for renovations. That's not the case?
I liken him to what Kelly LaBrock turned Chet into, in the movie Weird Science:

Old 09-19-2008   #198
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No. The Jacksonville thing dates all the way back to 1987. That's when Bud had a temper tantrum and held the city of Houston ransom to make renovations to the Dome. Then after giving in to his demands Bud takes the Tennessee offer 8 years later anyway because he couldn't get a new stadium. Jacksonville was awarded an NFL team on November 30, 1993. Bud is a POS and an organization is what the owner is. Shit runs down hill.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 09-19-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #199
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have a feeling you're just getting started. You got to play 60 minutes. You sound like Norv Turner crying. It's a game of inches... for sixty minutes.. I hear so much would'a/should'a here... It's amazing.

well, the SUCK Titans win over the AWESOME Texans 83% of the time. And a few Tex-types wander out of the pasture to goTitans... hell, the website here displays a link there.. you ever look at the front page? Believe it or not buddy the admins of this site and others like it encourage what you can not see the "merit" in... I welcome well meaning fans of another feather to the site from which I hail. Sitting around with nothing but a bunch of homer buddies isn't any fun. It's good to inject some objectivity and partial predjudice. It makes for great debate. I don't live in a cookie cutter world.

It's not rhyme. Hells Bells is rhyme. I guess it is a "found" name. For what it's worth the Jets organization had to approve of it's usage... what of your own name? Does Kansas City take issue with that? Do I have to explain that one to you?

Well after reading through the threads, I'm not going to sit here and go back and forth with a bunch of petty insults with you Bi-Polar The Titan. I actually think you've displayed pretty good manners considering how many times you've been blasted in here. Going back and forth about the past is a waste of time, and as a Texans fan I don't think I'm in a position to be blasting off any other teams other than the Lions or Raiders at this point.

I would like to ask you a question though. As an opposing fan playing the Texans this week, what do you think will give the Titans a really tough match up? What sort of game plan would do you think would work against the Titans in order to get a victory?

Do you think that the Texans will be able to have success throwing the ball a lot on the Titans secondary, or do you think the Texans will have a better chance at running the ball up the gut and testing Albert?

Who do you think will win the battle? The crumby WR's on the Titans, or the crumby secondary of the Texans?

DO you think your secondary will be able to stop AJ or hold him under 100 yards? I doubt that, but I'd like to hear your opinion and why?

And where is Crumpler? I thought he was supposed to be the go to guy in Tennessee? Scaife will not be consistent.

And where do you honestly see this Texans team at the end of 16 games? What do you think their record will be and why?

Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #200
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
No. The Jacksonville thing dates all the way back to 1987. That's when Bud had a temper tantrum and held the city of Houston ransom to make renovations to the Dome. Then after giving in to his demands Bud takes the Tennessee offer 8 years later anyway because he couldn't get a new stadium. Jacksonville was awarded an NFL team on November 30, 1993. Bud is a POS and an organiztaion is what the owner is. Shit runs down hill.
*ahem* Aren't we still paying for those renovations? LWPO! (Laughing While Pissed Off)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read