Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2008   #1
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover
Default Texans vs Tacks..........

Do you think we stand a chance in this game. I sure hope Schaub has a good game, if not people are going to start calling for Sage.
Old 09-16-2008   #2
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 8 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP
Default Re: Texans vs Tacks..........

Well they will have their better QB in. Haynesworth will prob play so that's not good. With Kerry Collins at the helm they jumped all over us at home. We came back huge but unfortunately left 34 seconds on the clock
Old 09-16-2008   #3
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

wow idk man if we stand a chance.

Titans look like the much better team honestly...not only that we'll be on the road for awhile...and the players may not have their minds on the game...

I hope we'll win, it would be very uplifting and personally would make the week a little better with all that has happened.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we had a much better chance with Me-Y as the QB.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #5
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

We usually play the Titans pretty close. It's not impossible. I'm hoping for pressure from the D-line and something that resembles a running game.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #6
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 8 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

I change my mind. We should KILL them since we are coming off a bye week, right?
Old 09-16-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYE SUX View Post
I change my mind. We should KILL them since we are coming off a bye week, right?
Yeah, like that's gonna help.

At least you Austinites will actually get to see it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

there are far to many variables going into this game to predict, most of which are negative for the Texans though. The only way this game is won is if the Texans get some sort of mental "just win one for the Gipper" sort of attitude. Otherwise, we start the season 0-2.

But, here's to a 1-1 start for our season!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
Do you think we stand a chance in this game. I sure hope Schaub has a good game, if not people are going to start calling for Sage.
I don't care if our QB is Billy Joe Tolliver as long as we win.

Schaub looked slow and hesitant in his first game, something he avoided until game 3 or 4 of last season.

Everybody said he'd be better after having a year under his belt, that he would be better conditioned.

I know it's one game, but he's already showing jittery nerves and bad decision-making. And if anybody wants to gripe and say "Well, we don't have a run game to help him out..." then I say "Well, our coach doesn't think a high-profile HEALTHY running back is a priority right now."

This team is s-c-r-e-w-e-d until Kubiak swallows his pride and abandons the "I can get an unknown diamond-in-the-rough running back and do just fine" mentality. Our lack of a running game is hurting our QB right now. The two positions are tied to each other, IMO, in terms of the success of each.
Old 09-16-2008   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Once we got well behind, Schaub tried to force some rediculous passes. In a way, I don't really blame him for trying to force things, under the circumstances--although those were really boneheaded plays.

I don't think Rosenfels would have done any better overall, but, heck, they're like twins anyway. Flip a coin. My guess is Rosenfels would've had one more pick than Schaub, but had more positive yardage. I don't really care who starts. I just want to say that I wouldn't blame any QB for those mistakes considering how most of the rest of the team was playing. When your D allows 38 freaking points and you can't run the ball, you feel a lot of pressure to force scoring.

Fact is, we can't run on Pitt's D, we can't stop their run, and we have never had any answer at all to their blitz packages. They are our boogeyman.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The Tacks are honestly the last team i'd like the Texans to play after that opening day nightmare and the Hurricane Ike mess.

Their defense is way too physical for our offense at this point in the season. KVB and Haynesworth should have a field day against our OL as always (unless we can land a well placed cut block on Haynesworth*). This is a big game for Schaub since he was knocked out of both Tacks games last year and has yet to prove he can shake off a big hit and continue to play at a high level for the rest of the game.

I have high hopes for Schaub and I have high hopes for our squad so here's to the Texans pulling one out of their asses this weekend!!!

* Please note that I normally dont wish injury on a player but Haynesworth is a low class individual who has earned it.
Old 09-16-2008   #12
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

All you guys have to do to beat us is stop the run, that's easier said than done but that's basically it. Collins hasn't led a team with his arm to a win in who knows how many years. It will be a ball control game by both sides, I don't expect many big plays by either team. It will be hard-nosed football.... the Titans bread and butter. Get ready for a physical contest that really could go either way. Forget the line, forget the records. I really feel like this is getting into the rivalry of the Jags/Colts caliber for the Titans (we didn't much care about you guys before last season, hate to say it but its true.) As allstars said, this should be a close game.

Good luck and I hope everyone made it out of Ike alright.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #13
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
The Tacks are honestly the last team i'd like the Texans to play after that opening day nightmare and the Hurricane Ike mess.

Their defense is way too physical for our offense at this point in the season. KVB and Haynesworth should have a field day against our OL as always (unless we can land a well placed cut block on Haynesworth*). This is a big game for Schaub since he was knocked out of both Tacks games last year and has yet to prove he can shake off a big hit and continue to play at a high level for the rest of the game.

I have high hopes for Schaub and I have high hopes for our squad so here's to the Texans pulling one out of their asses this weekend!!!

Good point I had forgotten about Schaub. Honestly, Schwartz and Fisher do such a bad job adjusting to a new QB mid-game that it may actually benefit you guys if Sage had to come in.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #14
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23780 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

This is the one one time I'm rooting against the texans, but I would be happy if they won also. As well as the titans has looked, its a game the texans can win. Kubes has the team going right and as I've said before, just do denver.Pass to set up the run later. Pass on 1st down a lot with short,quick passes to set up 3rd and 3 or 4. Running the ball between Haynesworth and Brown is a lost cause. They can run at kearse, but they're fast to the edges. The texans should stack the box and run blitz with press coverage outside. If they can get up by 10, they can alter the titans game plan to run 40 times. I think its going to be a good game.

Back to "do denver", I just think the texans should get 50 yds a piece from 2 backs and 20-30 from the other. I don't know what walker has did not to earn a spot in the backfield. All he does is run effectively, block, and catch passes. I wouuld start him over a rookie who might get my qb killed. Denver has been effective running without the"franchise" back this season, why can't the texans and why are fans so possessed with that guy who might last 5 yrs or less anyway.
Old 09-16-2008   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

We always play are divison games tough

we coming off a bye we are rested

and titans beat Cincy big woop

now its a divison game ITS GUT CHECK TIME !!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #16
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

im ready to see that steelers texans gameday thread fade into oblivion. bring on the tacks!
Old 09-16-2008   #17
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We not only have a chance but we will win!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Schaub needs to keep himself off the turf and not just when it comes to sacks. He sits like a deer in headlights getting rid of the ball just before getting crushed. If Haynsworth gets to him early I would be suprised if the Texans score more then 10 points.

Stop our run game and slow the pressure from the D and you might have a chance. I do not think you have the S to contain our run though.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

That whole Haynesworth vs. Meyer thing is kind of scary for me.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147467 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
That whole Haynesworth vs. Meyer thing is kind of scary for me.
Haynesworth vs. Myers is going to be something to watch.

Chris Johnson in the open field scares me, too.

We're going to have to play hard and smart to win this one. I think it's a winnable game but it's going to be hard.

It kills me to say this but right now, the Titans are probably the cream of the division. They're the team to beat until Indy gets its o-line issues worked out.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read