Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Steelers v Browns

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
Does this mean that Cleveland are good, or does it mean that the Texans are really really bad?

I'm hoping the first option but if it is that, that is one WC spot that is going to be hard to secure.

football is about matchups. Team A can beat Team B, who just beat Team C, then Team C can beat Team A easily. happens all the time

Does this mean that Cleveland are good, or does it mean that the Texans are really really bad?

I'm hoping the first option but if it is that, that is one WC spot that is going to be hard to secure.

It means that it was a divisional game and that they play each other 8 times in 4 years instead of once.

Does our performance against the Steelers means that everytime the Jags win against the Steeler, it was just a fluke? Considering how well we play against the Jags it must mean the Jags get lucky against the Steelers, since they beat them in their last two or three games right? :headhurts:

It means that it was a divisional game and that they play each other 8 times in 4 years instead of once.

Does our performance against the Steelers means that everytime the Jags win against the Steeler, it was just a fluke? Considering how well we play against the Jags it must mean the Jags get lucky against the Steelers, since they beat them in their last two or three games right? :headhurts:

Didn't the Jags drill us about the same way Pitt just did the last time we played and they weren't resting starters? Just a (horrible) thought.

On the bright side, Pittsburgh is a horrible place for the this particular team to have to play its first regular season game--rookie LT, new O-Line coach, smallish DTs, mostly using a rookie RB, etc. I think Pitts is a bad place for this team to start the regular season for emotional reasons also. It's just a depressing place to open your season when you are a young team hoping to be play-off race competitive for the first time. I think some games are almost impossible for coaches to get (and especially keep) players in the right frame of mind for. You can be motivated, but you can also be too pumped, causing nervousness and fear of mistakes to set in. I guess it all comes down to youth and consistency.

Let's just hope my first comment in this post isn't the real answer.

Didn't the Jags drill us about the same way Pitt just did the last time we played and they weren't resting starters? Just a (horrible) thought.

They also beat them in 2006 I think, the same year we clowned them twice. I know, the teams are different now, then they were then.

But still, it's like saying we're better then Colts in 2006, because the jags blew them out in their last game, and we swept the Jags. That must mean we would beat the Colts twice as bad, as we did the Jags right? That way of thinking is just senseless.

Last edited:
Back