Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-14-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titans at Bengals

Game Center

Quote:
Last meeting
The Bengals defeated the Titans 35-6 in Week 12 last season. Cincinnati QB Carson Palmer had three TD passes to the former Chad Johnson in the game.

Streaks
The Bengals have beaten the Titans two straight times, but Tennessee leads the overall series, 38-31-1.

Last week
Rookie RB Chris Johnson recorded 127 yards from scrimmage in his debut as the Titans defeated the Jaguars 17-10. The Bengals managed just 154 yards of offense in a 17-10 loss to the Ravens.

Keep your eye on ...
Chad Ocho Cinco: In Week 1, the league's decision not to allow Ocho Cinco to appear on his jersey made more noise than Ocho Cinco's performance on the field. No. 85 had just a single reception, only the eighth time in his career he has been held to one catch or fewer. In the last meeting against Tennessee, Ocho Cinco posted a career-high 12 receptions and tied a career high with his three TDs.

Titans QB Kerry Collins: Starting QB Vince Young is expected to be out two to four weeks with a sprained left knee, so Collins, a 14-year veteran, will make his fifth start in a Titans uniform. Collins ranks third among active QBs with 34,782 passing yards.

Bengals QB Carson Palmer: Palmer had one of his worst games in recent memory last week, leading an offense that could only muster three points while completing just 10 of 25 passes for 99 yards. It's up to Palmer to fix the tempo of the offense and make better use of his Pro Bowl receivers.

Did you know?
Titans coach Jeff Fisher has a 7-2 record at Cincinnati. ... The Bengals aim for their third consecutive win against Tennessee. ... Titans TE Bo Scaife recorded a team and career-high 105 receiving yards on six receptions last week. ... Bengals RB Chris Perry had career highs in receptions (9) and receiving yards (45) against the Titans in 2005.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans at Bengals

The Bengals look pathetic.....

Old 09-14-2008   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ocho Sucko?
Old 09-14-2008   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Wow the Titans do have receivers!

Old 09-14-2008   #5
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Johnson is a beast. I cringe just thinking about facing him next week. I hope Kubes told the whole team to watch the Titans game this week, we need all the time we can get to prepare against these dudes. I have a feeling a shift in the division is in the air, it time for the Texans and Titans to shine!
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #6
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Chris Johnson is a beast. I cringe just thinking about facing him next week. I hope Kubes told the whole team to watch the Titans game this week, we need all the time we can get to prepare against these dude. I have a feeling a shift in the division is in the air, it time for the Texans and Titans to shine!
I hope you're right! The Jags look like they have regressed this year and with the OL problems it could be a long year for Garrard and Co. The Titans offense looks better with Collins as the QB. Chris Johnson is the best CJ on the field. He's a playmaker and I do not look forward to our defense playing against him next week.

Old 09-14-2008   #7
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Hentrich is the mvp..... for the bengals.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2008   #8
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hentrich had a great game... not sure what you're talking about.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #9
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Are you guys going to bother and show up at the next week or just write in a score and hope we accept?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...t=38736&page=3

have fun with your sage versus Carr err I mean Collins versus VY debate BA
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #11
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Are you guys going to bother and show up at the next week or just write in a score and hope we accept?
we'll show up, don't you worry about that
Old 09-14-2008   #12
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I am sure we could actually have the debate on the field and still beat you so I am not really sure what you are talking about.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #13
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Dunno bout them but I get to clip these games for my network, and I was gleeful over what i saw. That defense is freaking terrific. I'll worry about QB when it becomes apparant we need one. Right now they're doing a good job not wrecking what the D is doing.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read