Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-14-2008   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default VY Lost His Starting Job, per Fisher

Fisher says VY will be their QB again someday.

Quote:
Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher indicated it may be awhile before quarterback Vince Young gets his job back. But on Saturday night Fisher forcefully denied some of the allegations and elements of a police report that dramatized Young's alleged escapades on Monday when he reportedly threatened to commit suicide.

However, Fisher acknowledged that Young had hit a "valley" with his emotions stemming from his performance, the fans' reaction and an injury the quarterback suffered during Sunday's 17-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"Sometimes in life, you hit a wall and that's what is happening with Vince," said Fisher. "You get booed, you throw [interceptions] and you have injuries. But we're going to turn this into a positive experience. One day, when he's ready, he'll be our quarterback again."
Link
Old 09-14-2008   #2
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY Lost His Starting Job, per Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Fisher says VY will be their QB again someday.

Link
This has a Ryan Leaf feel to it...

He imploded in the locker room and almost cried, and lost the team that day. I'm thinking VY may have lost his team as well.

I've stated my opinion on VY elsewhere here. I have no sympathy for him. he's lucky he's not in Philly or NY. Those fans would have made feel a million times worse.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=38766

my initial reaction is Fisher doing damage control right now, which is fine. Vince needs to work on himself and get his head back on straight
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #4
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is good news for Austin area Texans fans ,no Vince =no Titans on KEYE42!
Old 09-14-2008   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm split on the job Fisher is doing with this situation.

Half of me likes it, in terms of how Fisher is saying the right things and saying that VY will be OK...just needs some time to bounce back. He's trying to restore normalcy and thereby ask for some calm from everyone involved.

The other half of me thinks that Fisher is denying things too much, trying to go over the top with the assurances that "There's nothing to see here...move along."

I think VY is unstable at the moment. This "valley" that Fisher speaks of is deeper than a valley. It's more like an abyss, and it just feels like things are being glossed over way too much. Do I want to know everything? Not really. I'd like to just see VY move on and find another line of work that keeps him happy and stable. Fisher and Titans management might be delaying it...or, they might be hoping that the time away from the game will help VY see exactly that: He's happier without being an NFL QB.

(Shrugs shoulders). I dunno.
Old 09-14-2008   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

"The Texans were idiots for not taking a mental midget who lacked the brains to be an NFL qb or a career 3rd down back over the premier DE in the NFL!!!"

-Armchair idiots commenting on the 06 draft
Old 09-14-2008   #7
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

The major reason he was selected by Tennessee was that Bud Adams was trying to give the finger to Houston fans. Poor Bud, he gained the Austin market but now has a multi-million dollar near flop on the verge of a mental breakdown.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2008   #8
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

damn it the Titans finally figured it out

now they are playing thier good QB
Old 09-15-2008   #9
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The major reason he was selected by Tennessee was that Bud Adams was trying to give the finger to Houston fans. Poor Bud, he gained the Austin market but now has a multi-million dollar near flop on the verge of a mental breakdown.
Can you say karma?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #10
Polo

Surely you don't believe in karma....
Old 09-15-2008   #11
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Surely you don't believe in karma....
Call it equilibrium, then.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
This is good news for Austin area Texans fans ,no Vince =no Titans on KEYE42!
Amen to that.:mshadows:
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #13
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

vy's SUCKITUDE has nothing to do with KARMA. It has to do with his terrible throwing style, his desire to not get better, and his basic overall attitude towards the game. He finally has gotten to a level where his athletic ability is not strides beyond everyone else on the field. Since he natural abilities are equal to his opponents, vy would have to WORK in order to get better.

It is a sobering experience to (all of a sudden) realize that you are not as good as everyone has been telling you since you were a little kid.

Now karma (which I don't believe in) may explain Brady's injury with his actions after the loss in the Super Bowl.
Old 09-15-2008   #14
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't believe in Karma but I live my life like I did, just in case.
Old 09-15-2008   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to see bad things happen to most people, but damn it I am happy this happened. After all the disparaging remarks made by so called Texans fans, they deserve this to happen. I can sit back and ask I am sorry what did you say? Then point and laugh.

Karma, destiny (I know a lot said he was destined for greatness), and a host of other things.

Old 09-15-2008   #16
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
"The Texans were idiots for not taking a mental midget who lacked the brains to be an NFL qb or a career 3rd down back over the premier DE in the NFL!!!"

-Everyone in America including Texans Fans commenting on the 06 draft
^ Fixed it for ya. And, yes there were a few exceptions.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #17
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans FINALLY got rid of the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL......good god they are a good team now.....and..um....NO TEAM IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER PUT THAT GUY ON THE FIELD AGAIN.....he is just a BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD NFL QUARTERBACK.....

I don't care if he has hurt feelings or his mommie wants everyone to play nice...he really just needs to quit....

Oh yeah...thankfully for him....he had a couple years of football...because people as dumb as VY just can't cut it in the workforce....at least he has millions to squander.....

Here's a bet.....total number of years when VY will let the world know that he is broke....over/under......5.5 years.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #18
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

This just shows that no matter what city that team is in the orginazation will always be a soap opera. It is karma and I hope it hits Bottom Line Bud in his ass until he is dead and gone. Its payback for what he did to the fans here in Houston.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #19
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Vince SUCKS, I'm more worried about Collins than Vince!
Old 09-16-2008   #20
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

damn, collins can throw in our secondary. come on vince....get up and play with that messed up leg. means you have to rely on that great arm of yours lol.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read