Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2008   #21
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Home Stadium?

Hopefully the roof and whatever else that needs fixing get's fixed soon. We might actually not need the roof if the weather stays the way it is. Even if it get's warmer I think they can keep it open. Anyway, if worse comes to worse they can play in the parking lot behind my apartment.
Old 09-15-2008   #22
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The article says 5/9 of the roof panels fell off. It sure looks like there a lot more than 9 roof panels
Staple some blue tarps over it and lets get it on!
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #23
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover
Staple some blue tarps over it and lets get it on!
No way! Then it'll be just like a Jaguars home game.
Old 09-15-2008   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
No way! Then it'll be just like a Jaguars home game.

He meant tarps over the roof, not the seats....
Old 09-15-2008   #25
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

I don't see why peolpe keep suggesting college stadiums. I don't believe adult beverages can be served due to NCAA rules, even though it is a non sanctioned event. F-HD. Put the game down in San Antonio. Close enough to H-town and still get tasty beverages.
Old 09-15-2008   #26
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Adult Beverages are sold at Robertson Stadium. Its not big enough to host the texans but not all college stadiums are alcohol free.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #27
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Reliant will be ready.

Its not like the Superdome in NO which was full of the after effects of katrina, just some structural damage which they can use some of McNair's millions to fix.
Old 09-15-2008   #28
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is what I do not understand. If its just roof panels and they might not be able to get repaired in time, then why can they just not remove any hazards that remain on the roof, open the door, and leave open for the rest of the season.

I was listening to 610 and they suggested Rice Stadium, but what is the difference playing at Rice or playing at Reliant with the roof open?

They will have plenty of time to finish the roof in the offseason. Lets focus on the regular season.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #29
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Five roof panels gone and some flooding on the first floor?

Play the games at Reliant for Christ's sake!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #30
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Five roof panels gone and some flooding on the first floor?

Play the games at Reliant for Christ's sake!
Make it an outdoor stadium for the year. Put some duct tape on it and lets go.

*the severity of Ike is not lost on me. BUT, in a few weeks once power comes back, I'm sure that some of you might enjoy a game at Reliant. Might give some normalcy to a very abnormal time....
Old 09-15-2008   #31
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Why dont we play all our home games in the away teams stadium and call it home games.

signed,

Bud Selig and Drayton "Traitor" McLane
Old 09-15-2008   #32
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
Why dont we play all our home games in the away teams stadium and call it home games.

signed,

Bud Selig and Drayton "Traitor" McLane
McLane insisted on the HOME game in Houston. He should have refused to even let the team go to Miller Park. Make Selig have to have the Astros "forfeit" the games and the we can tell him that we didn't show up "to insure fairness" in the game like he told us for the World Series.

...and then of course we kick old bud in the balls and spit on his sorry a@@!
Old 09-16-2008   #33
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Here is what I do not understand. If its just roof panels and they might not be able to get repaired in time, then why can they just not remove any hazards that remain on the roof, open the door, and leave open for the rest of the season.

I was listening to 610 and they suggested Rice Stadium, but what is the difference playing at Rice or playing at Reliant with the roof open?

They will have plenty of time to finish the roof in the offseason. Lets focus on the regular season.
As an insurance agent, myself. The reason why that needs to get replaced now is for future liability issues. An insurance company wants to pay for the damages under the claim. If they don't repair damages now and something else happens between now and the offseason, the insurance company will not be able to properly asses what is damage due to hurricane and what is due to things that happened after the hurricane.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #34
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
That is why god gave us all hardhats.
Old 09-16-2008   #35
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN says that McNair is considering Rice if Reliant can't be fixed.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #36
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
Where will we play home games the rest of the 08 season?
Butler Stadium!! Home of the Fightin Westbury Rebels!! And crackheads and hookers.
Old 09-16-2008   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Might as well.

I wonder about the tone of the conversation between McNair and the company that built/engineered Reliant's roof. I imagine that's been an animated discussion, don't you think?

Uh, Bob...there might be more storms like Ike every few years.

I haven't been to Reliant. Is it as good as it should be? Just curious. Seems like the idea to have trays of grass is not working too well for football, and now the roof issue has hit the fan.
Old 09-16-2008   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Make it an outdoor stadium for the year. Put some duct tape on it and lets go.

*the severity of Ike is not lost on me. BUT, in a few weeks once power comes back, I'm sure that some of you might enjoy a game at Reliant. Might give some normalcy to a very abnormal time....
Can't do that. According to Bob McNair, Reliant isn't built for drainage in the event of heavy rains (hey, it's Houston, heavy rains are always a possibility)
Quote:
(on if it is an option to play in the stadium with an open roof) "Well, I understand there's an issue with drainage; if it's open and you have a lot of rain, it's an issue. But if you have good weather like this, there's good possibility that you could just play with it open. Certainly that's what was anticipated. But I think the drainage is something that is a concern if you had a tropical deluge. Just two or three inches of rain in a very short period of time, that could create a problem."
Link: McNair hopeful Reliant will be game ready by Oct-5.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
At first I didn't think that was possible because they removed the seats in the endzone. They are there, so they can be un-tarped making it a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagotexan1 View Post
Butler Stadium!! Home of the Fightin Westbury Rebels!! And crackheads and hookers.
I resemble that remark.....
Old 09-16-2008   #39
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just saw the same thing on Yahoo.
Link:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 09-16-2008   #40
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a collection of links I put together on FH that summarizes everything and contains the video:

Texans Players' Houses Damaged; Owner Bob McNair Optimistic About Reliant Stadium

They are going to have to be the most disciplined team ever to deal with all the stuff they are going through.

Definitely read the presser too.

This is Travis Johnson...

Quote:
(on if his house is salvageable) “Well, the insurance is going to say whether it is or not, but right not it’s not looking like that. Like I said, I’m blessed to have somewhere else to go and to have food to put in my stomach and to feed my kids. So, like I said, I’m still blessed and I’ll be alright.”

(on the damage to his house) “A whole lot of damage, unexplainable damage.”

(on where he stayed) “Ended up going to another house in Quail Valley.”

(on if it was a friends house) “Yeah. We’ll be alright though.”

(on what part of town he is in) “Missouri City, Estates of Silver Ridge. There’s a lot of stuff that I’ve got to figure out, but I’ll be alright.”

(on how sad it was to see his house in that sort of shape) “Oh, it was very sad because most of us have worked our entire life just like any other person, work our whole life to have the American dream: own a house, a car, two dogs, and a cat. To see it destroyed, it’s kind of disheartening, but at the same time, you just have to pick yourself up, and the show must go on and life itself.”

(on if trees fell on the house) “No, I lost the shingles first and then the water just started coming in after that and destroyed the ceilings in the house.”

(on what he does with his family now that the Texans’ schedule has changed) “I guess you have to give the wife instructions before you leave the house. Most wives know what to do because they have that motherly instinct. I guess you’ve got to move on because we still have to come to work just like everybody, just like you all have to come to work, we’ve got to come to work. So, like I said, we’re just blessed to still have our health and to have each other, so we’ll be alright.”

(on if he can still concentrate on football through all of this) “You have to. When you think about it, this is what bought you the house that’s fallen in the first place. It’s kind of like this is my job. So, to be a professional, you’ve got to be able to take the good with the bad. We’re still blessed to be able to come out here to enjoy our teammates and friends. So, we’ll be alright.”

(on if anything that he treasured was destroyed) “Not yet. I’m still in the process of getting some of my memorabilia out. Really, I’m trying to get my Muhammad Ali stuff out because that’s irreplaceable really. I got the photo albums out and stuff like that. I guess it’s little stuff. It’s more sentimental stuff than true value stuff right now.”

(on if the insurance people have come by yet) “No, the insurance people haven’t come by yet. I’m still trying to get to it. They’re supposed to come by tomorrow but you never know with these insurance people.”

(on what happened to his house) “Oh, the house is just damaged really badly. So, it’s one of those things you’ve just got to try to make a way.”

(on if it was a tree that damaged the roof) “No, I lost the shingles first and then the water started coming in. My ceiling collapsed. (DE) Mario’s (Williams) mom and I were really the only two houses to sustain a lot of damage in that area. We’ll be alright.”

(on if it was scary during the storm) “It wasn’t really scary. It was more that I didn’t want to sleep because you have to worry about your kids and wife. My mother-in-law is in town, so you really worry about them more than you worry about yourself. They slept in the closet. I still stayed in the bed even though my wife told me, ‘A window’s going to break on you.’ I didn’t feel comfortable being too far away from where I could hear everything going on.”

(on what part of the house was damaged) “The family room, the theatre room, the upstairs, the downstairs, you name it.”

(on if he lost anything) “I lost stuff. I lost a lot. But, like I said, you don’t lose anything when you’ve still got your family. So, like I said, if it’s God’s will, it’s his way. So, I’ll make a way.”
My FH post includes a picture I took down the street from Mario's house. The street his house is off looks like a tornado went through there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read