Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2008   #1
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover
Default New Home Stadium?

Where will we play home games the rest of the 08 season?
Old 09-13-2008   #2
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Home Stadium?

You're over-reacting. Does it really take more then 3 weeks to fix the roof and a couple of doors at reliant?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #3
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Rice stadium? Alamo Dome?
Old 09-13-2008   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Wal-Mart parking lot..
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #5
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

How bout the Longest Yard Stadium? They can fit a couple of hundreds of people and plus, they provides their own cheerleaders! This place get my vote.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #6
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Wal-Mart parking lot..
1st downs will be marked by shopping carts
Old 09-13-2008   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Wal-Mart parking lot..
Nah, because they will promise to provide ice and then back out.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2008   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by el tejano View Post
nah, because they will promise to provide ice and then back out.
lol

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
How bout the Longest Yard Stadium? They can fit a couple of hundreds of people and plus, they provides their own cheerleaders! This place get my vote.
I gotta pass on that one , its those cheerleaders they would provide. They prolly got some VY sausage in their G-strings.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #10
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

What's wrong with that stadium next door? I think that other football team used to play in it...something called the Astrodome or something?
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #11
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

The rats might be not like being disturbed. And how can I change my user name?

Last edited by bigfan77801; 09-15-2008 at 02:16 AM.
bigfan77801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember earlier in the year? The astrodome will cost osmething like 500 million to bring up to code. Its out.

I don't know how long Reliant will take to fix up, but its a bit disapointing, given it was suppsoed to be able to resist hurricane force winds. Good thing it wasn't used as a shelter
Old 09-15-2008   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a little dissapointed my tax dollars spent on that stadium didn't get what I helped pay for.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm a little dissapointed my tax dollars spent on that stadium didn't get what I helped pay for.
That brings up a very good point. I'm sure Mcnair is pretty ticked about this too, though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The article says 5/9 of the roof panels fell off. It sure looks like there a lot more than 9 roof panels
Old 09-15-2008   #16
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152339 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope McNair kept the receipt. I'd want my money back if I were him. In cash.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #17
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw the roof! I am not a fan of the heat but with all of the suffering and loss our friends and neoghboors have been going through it would be nice to try and show a sense of normalcy as soon as possible. Football is far from the most important thing this week but if the roof is not ready by the next home game tear the damn thing off file an insurance claim and lets get Houston going again!

It also would help if we could keep the cool fronts like the one here today coming in on a regular basis!

Remember to say a prayer for those who were lost as well as those of us who were lucky enough to be spared!

God bless

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The article says 5/9 of the roof panels fell off. It sure looks like there a lot more than 9 roof panels
Can't swear to it, but I think the HLS&R paid for the retractable roof...

In any event, this town will recover and we will be watching football somewhere here in the city within a few weeks...
Old 09-15-2008   #19
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

I have a GREAT idea!!!

Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium here in Austin!!!!!!

It is big enough, close enough, new enough, no one uses it on sundays and its still in Texas! And I bet KEYE would show the games and we would attract more Austin Fans. I just wonder if it is possible
Old 09-15-2008   #20
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfan77070 View Post
The rats might be not like being disturbed. And how can I change my user name?
PM me what you want it changed to.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read