Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2008   #41
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Texans vs. Ravens in the Superdome, New Orleans?

Sorry guys... but I'm not seeing where having a bye week is such a big deal. Houston looks like a war zone. There's no power. There's hours long lines for gas, ice, water, staples, etc. And the elderly and the sick are in trouble. Let's all just be thankful that's it not any worse than it is and that the team can live to fight another day. Pray for each other and help your neighbor when you can. God Bless.
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #42
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I notice a lot of people who think it was stupid not to have a game this week don't live in Houston.

If you did live in Houston, you would have a pretty good sense that it is silly to think that it would be a good idea for players, coaches and their families to go through that storm and then have the players try to go play a game that much of their fanbase couldn't watch because they have no freaking power and are eating random stuff is melting from the fridge.

Or maybe you would think it would be better for them to all fly out of town, leaving their families and property behind.

No great options. I just hope the team gets home games.
Old 09-15-2008   #43
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxlaurie View Post
Sorry guys... but I'm not seeing where having a bye week is such a big deal. Houston looks like a war zone. There's no power. There's hours long lines for gas, ice, water, staples, etc. And the elderly and the sick are in trouble. Let's all just be thankful that's it not any worse than it is and that the team can live to fight another day. Pray for each other and help your neighbor when you can. God Bless.
Who is in line for staples?
Old 09-15-2008   #44
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I notice a lot of people who think it was stupid not to have a game this week don't live in Houston.

If you did live in Houston, you would have a pretty good sense that it is silly to think that it would be a good idea for players, coaches and their families to go through that storm and then have the players try to go play a game that much of their fanbase couldn't watch because they have no freaking power and are eating random stuff is melting from the fridge.

Or maybe you would think it would be better for them to all fly out of town, leaving their families and property behind.

I'm not trying to be insensitive but power is not supposed to be up next week. Should the players not fly out for that either? It will take A LONG TIME to recover and I don't think all games should be postponed/forfeited until then
Old 09-15-2008   #45
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm not saying play it in Houston though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #46
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Concerns about future injuries make me wish they weren't spending their bye week so early, but Texans Chick is right.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #47
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYE SUX View Post
Who is in line for staples?
Do you have any idea how many loose papers I have flying around? Staples were the one thing I forgot to stock up on

Seriously, though, I htink he means the staples, as in the necessities
Old 09-15-2008   #48
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Let’s ask Captain Cluster F… how we should play it out. He did a great job convincing The Grocer that it would be a great idea to fly the Astros to his home field (and practically the Cubs back yard) after riding out the hurricane. How F’ing convenient Mr. Commissioner…
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #49
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Do you have any idea how many loose papers I have flying around? Staples were the one thing I forgot to stock up on

Im sure that is what atxlaurie was trying to say but I couln't resist.
Old 09-15-2008   #50
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
You're acting like Houston is losing their team forever. Why should the players/coaches, both teams have a competitive disadvantage because of this? And why should the Ravens and Bengals be punish for this aswell? This might be ok for the people in Houston, but how would you feel if you were the other team, and you had to adjust because of the Texans?
Without reading the rest of this thread. By any chance have you ever heard of a natural disaster? Ummm maybe like a hurricane called ike.

Thats like saying that the rest of the country should have kept playing there professional sports the following days after 9/11. Because us Texans shouldnt have to change our plans because....

Get my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #51
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Reading this makes me feel better.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 09-15-2008   #52
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Without reading the rest of this thread. By any chance have you ever heard of a natural disaster? Ummm maybe like a hurricane called ike.

Thats like saying that the rest of the country should have kept playing there professional sports the following days after 9/11. Because us Texans shouldnt have to change our plans because....

Get my point.
I'm pretty sure the NFL kept playing, days after Kennedy was assassinated(RIP). I'm not sure about 9/11 but I'm sure everyone kept working and doing their business even after the disaster happened.

I already made other posts that differed from my original one, so your "point" doesn't mean much to me. I already know whats up with the whole thing, and I do feel for the people that is suffering from this event.

Last edited by J-Russ; 09-15-2008 at 02:11 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #53
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the NFL kept playing, days after Kennedy was assassinated(RIP). I'm not sure about 9/11 but I'm sure everyone kept working and doing their business even after the disaster happened.

I already made other posts that differed from my original one, so your "point" doesn't mean much to me. I already know whats up with the whole thing, and I do feel for the people that is suffering from this event.
NFL delayed all games a week after 9/11.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #54
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
NFL delayed all games a week after 9/11.
Well, I know the NFL didn't take a break after Kennedy was assassinated. I think that is pretty much the same thing that he was trying to imply, about them canceling the games after a national disaster.
Old 09-15-2008   #55
KEYE SUX
Veteran

If we don't play, the terrorists...er, um the hurricane wins.

Let them play! Let them play! Let them play!
Old 09-16-2008   #56
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

Yeah...basic provisions. It's a bad situation there. I have two elderly parents there, one who is a dialysis patient, and it's a real struggle. But at least they have each other, but there's many there who have no one and are suffering.
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #57
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:

The point is that the rest of the damn nation can wait a few weeks to watch this football game. Most of them were not going to watch it anyways. If your not willing to change your bye week so the people in houston can actually watch there hometown football team play a game then there is seriously something wrong with you.

Also there is a pretty big difference between a president being assassinated and an entire city + some without power. There equally large catastrophes but still a huge difference.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2008   #58
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Also there is a pretty big difference between a president being assassinated and an entire city + some without power. There equally large catastrophes but still a huge difference.
Well, then I have no idea whatsoever, of why you brought up 9/11.
Old 09-17-2008   #59
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Well, then I have no idea whatsoever, of why you brought up 9/11.
Also a huge difference between the two. Your comparing one city to a nation.

The point is that the nation should be willing to miss the Texans Ravens game for a few weeks so that Texans can actually watch it.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2008   #60
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Thread's dead baby...thread's dead.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read