Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2008   #21
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs. Ravens in the Superdome, New Orleans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
This is the HOUSTON Texans. Our team is not the Baltimore Texans, New Orleans Texans, Atlanta Texans, or Dallas Texans. Why should our fan base lose a game. I think keeping the game in Houston is the only call.
Please...

Tell that to the Saints in 2005.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #22
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Please...

Tell that to the Saints in 2005.
The Saints got screwed in that game against the Giants. While I am upset we can't play but given the circumstances it's the best thing to do and I wouldn't want this switched to Baltimore. What I am getting upset is that the Astros series against the Cubs. MLB is discussing the possibility of playing that series in Milwaukee, if that happens I will be upset.

Looks like it a go for 2 games in Milwaukee, LINK

Quote:
The three-game series between the Chicago Cubs and Houston Astros, originally scheduled for this weekend in Houston, was in limbo because of Hurricane Ike. But Major League Baseball has found a home for the series, it seems.
Two of the three games were transferred to Milwaukee, according to a high-ranking Major League Baseball official. The teams will play the first game at Miller Park on Sunday at 7 p.m., ET. The second game is scheduled for Monday at 2 p.m., ET.

The remaining game of the three-game set will be put on hold until the end of the season. If necessary, the Cubs and Astros will make this game up the day after the regular season ends if the result could impact National League playoff races.

That will be a home series for the Cubs. I smell Selig interfering with the Astros again. McClane take a page from McNair and stand up for your team!

Back on topic, I'm glad we are not losing a home game.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #23
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

That's nice, but we wouldn't play the Ravens in Baltimore. We could have played then in New Orleans or SA.
Old 09-13-2008   #24
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Yea, needless to say the Ravens fans are ravage about this. Read some of the comments on the PFT site. I'm alittle upset about this too, I mean why can't we just play it else where? I know the players and coaches probably wouldn't mind, the NFL even try to help us by making the game a monday night game, but McNair REFUSED to play anywhere but Houston. ugh. Thanks for the early bye week Bob!
Bob did the right thing for the fans. That it happens to work out for him (if the stadium is fixable) is besides the point:

My view:

NFL makes correct call with Texans-Ravens game; You doing okay?
Old 09-13-2008   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Bob just made his team play 15-straight games.

I'm telling you: This was a huge BLOWN opportunity for everyone involved. This could have been a way to help disaster victims, play a game in a location that might introduce fans in THAT area to the Texans, retain our original bye week when it really helps us, and "move on" as someone else mentioned earlier.

The only ones applauding this are those who want to attend the game IN Houston. I hear what you're saying, but it's not forward thinking, IMO.

This could have been such a positive thing, but oh well.

When our guys are sucking wind and dragging tail by about week 12...you'll wish Bob hadn't been so narrow-minded.
Old 09-13-2008   #26
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yeah, Bob just made his team play 15-straight games.

I'm telling you: This was a huge BLOWN opportunity for everyone involved. This could have been a way to help disaster victims, play a game in a location that might introduce fans in THAT area to the Texans, retain our original bye week when it really helps us, and "move on" as someone else mentioned earlier.

The only ones applauding this are those who want to attend the game IN Houston. I hear what you're saying, but it's not forward thinking, IMO.

When our guys are sucking wind and dragging tail by about week 12...you'll wish Bob hadn't been so narrow-minded.
*claps*

Best post in this thread. I completely agree. I would rep you like ten times, but I can't. Only one. This was a REALLY narrow-minded decision by McNair.
Old 09-13-2008   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
*claps*

Best post in this thread. I completely agree. I would rep you like ten times, but I can't. Only one. This was a REALLY narrow-minded decision by McNair.
I know the players are mentally tired, and probably physically drained from the effects of the stress of Ike...but the worst thing that happens (if we had played a game this week) is this: We lose.

We had the Ravens in a spot when they are probably the most beatable. Joe Flacco had 129 yards passing last week, they had 17-or-so players banged up and not playing, and we needed to catch them NOW.

Bob is not a gambler, that's for sure.
Old 09-13-2008   #28
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
The Saints got screwed in that game against the Giants. While I am upset we can't play but given the circumstances it's the best thing to do and I wouldn't want this switched to Baltimore. What I am getting upset is that the Astros series against the Cubs. MLB is discussing the possibility of playing that series in Milwaukee, if that happens I will be upset. Looks like it a go for 2 games in Milwaukee, LINK

That will be a home series for the Cubs. I smell Selig interfering with the Astros again. McClane take a page from McNair and stand up for your team!

Back on topic, I'm glad we are not losing a home game.
No one is screaming tampering on this!!!!!!

The one team the astros are chasing is the city in which they play a game......hey bud ever heard of arlington??????????? or kissemeee

This reeks of BUDLIGHT trying to get his team to the playoffs.
this is a scandal
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #29
GuerillaBlack
Money!

What crap!! No way that that should stand.
Old 09-13-2008   #30
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
No one is screaming tampering on this!!!!!!

The one team the astros are chasing is the city in which they play a game......hey bud ever heard of arlington??????????? or kissemeee

This reeks of BUDLIGHT trying to get his team to the playoffs.
this is a scandal
arlington not an option, rangers playing there already. unless the astros/cubs play a day game and the rangers/whoever play the night game. anyhow, there HAD to be a better option than to play in Brewer/Cub land. Kick some Cubbie ass, Astros!!!!!:astros:
Sorry to get off topic.
Old 09-14-2008   #31
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yeah, Bob just made his team play 19straight games.

Fixed it For you!!! it will suck not getting a break until after the superbowl tho
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #32
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
Fixed it For you!!! it will suck not getting a break until after the superbowl tho
What about the bye week for getting home field advantage?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #33
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see what the big deal is with playing 15 straight games. It wasn't that long ago that teams were playing 16 straight games and more considering playoff games.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #34
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

We had 3 major injuries that get an extra week to heal. We need Winston, Pitts and Green healthy for week 2. Ok, maybe not Green
Old 09-14-2008   #35
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I don't see what the big deal is with playing 15 straight games. It wasn't that long ago that teams were playing 16 straight games and more considering playoff games.
The reason they introduced the bye week was because the human body can't handle the impact of NFL football for all those weeks in a row.

I would be hugely surprise if this team doesn't look like a MASH ward at the end of the year.
Old 09-14-2008   #36
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I'm alittle PO at the FO about that. I mean if you played it in SA or Austin we we've gone. They had a chance to play it at Rice also. ATL or NO would've been fine. An early bye week doesn't help this team down the road.... eh whatever.
It does give you one more game with Dunta potentially. And why would you lose the revenue of a home game when you could just wait and play it later. He also wanted the players to be able to get their families out of harm.
Old 09-14-2008   #37
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
The reason they introduced the bye week was because the human body can't handle the impact of NFL football for all those weeks in a row.

I would be hugely surprise if this team doesn't look like a MASH ward at the end of the year.
That happenss wwhen we have a bye week, whats new...?
Old 09-14-2008   #38
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought Matt Schaub reminded me Of BJ Honeycutt with out the facial hair and Kubes was Hawkeye.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #39
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Umm, I'm pretty sure the reason the league introduced the bye week was for money. One more week in the season, one more week for the networks to collect money from advertisers.
Old 09-14-2008   #40
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
He also wanted the players to be able to get their families out of harm.
The decision was made AFTER Ike had gone through. I am sure that most families were out of harm's way at that point. This is only about $$$. Plain and simple. What would you do if you owned a business and had to give up 1/8th of your revenue. That is a whole lot of $10 beers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read