Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2008   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best idea yet: Play the game in Texas Stadium on Tuesday night

Tuesday night in Texas Stadium.

ESPN could keep their set up, and stay an extra night. Jerry Jones encourages all TEXANS (meaning people who are from TEXAS) to rally and show up to support "the other Texas" team.

Jerry would score huge points for this, in a sign of Texas solidarity. Houstonians could still drive to the game, and it wouldn't be as neutral of a site as, say, Atlanta would be.

Bob and Jerry donate gate sales to the hurricane victims' relief fund. Done.

Why am I not the commissioner of the NFL?
Old 09-13-2008   #2
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best idea yet: Play the game in Texas Stadium on Tuesday night

i would rather play in baltimore than use this as our bye

hopefully they will set up a game on tues or something
Old 09-13-2008   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like that idea. It's not enough time to prepare and heal up for the next game against Tennessee. Remember that Tennessee is perhaps the most physical team in the NFL.

Also, the idea of a home game for the Texans at Texas Toilet makes me sick.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I don't like that idea. It's not enough time to prepare and heal up for the next game against Tennessee. Remember that Tennessee is perhaps the most physical team in the NFL.

Also, the idea of a home game for the Texans at Texas Toilet makes me sick.
I think it beats having our bye week NOW, don't you think?

And while our noses would be held, having to play in Texas Stadium, it's not so bad that it be impossible. We might have a rivalry with them, but it hasn't reached a pinnacle yet.
Old 09-13-2008   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I think playing Tuesday GREATLY increases our chances to lose at Tennessee.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-13-2008   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think playing Tuesday GREATLY increases our chances to lose at Tennessee.
Maybe. You still have Wed., Thurs., and Friday. One less day than if you played on Monday Night.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Might as well suck it up and have the bye week now, no way in hell do I want to see us play in Dullass.
Old 09-13-2008   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind it, because I would be able to go.
Old 09-13-2008   #9
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Good idea GP, but what about Rice Stadium on Monday night? It beats changing the Texans, Ravens, and Bengals schedules, would give us the extra day off and our bye week would still be in place.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #10
DiehardChris
You betcha!

My concern about Rice is - don't they still have the old-style crappy astroturf? Kubiak already hates that our practice bubble has the old turf, and has said that he doesn't like putting Andre Johnson on it... so I can't imagine he'd be thrilled to have AJ playing a meaningful game on turf.

It's not a HUGE deal, but I'd just be afraid of them playing on that carpet... if they still have that old stuff. If not - it's a GREAT idea. I'd love to see a home game outdoors in September.

EDIT - Rice has that FieldTurf stuff - the rubbery mixture that a lot of NFL stadiums used. They got rid of the old turf in '06... so yeah, I hope we play it at Rice!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-13-2008   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My concern about Rice is - don't they still have the old-style crappy astroturf? Kubiak already hates that our practice bubble has the old turf, and has said that he doesn't like putting Andre Johnson on it... so I can't imagine he'd be thrilled to have AJ playing a meaningful game on turf.

It's not a HUGE deal, but I'd just be afraid of them playing on that carpet... if they still have that old stuff. If not - it's a GREAT idea. I'd love to see a home game outdoors in September.
Good point, I didn't even think about Rice Stadium's playing surface.

Edit: I checked and they have Field Turf

Quote:
The new FieldTurf Duraspine system was installed in February of 2008 and is identical to the surfaces at Ohio State, West Virginia, as well as the home of the New England Patriots. The new field also sports updated logos and the Rice "R" at midfield.
LINK

Old 09-13-2008   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

I wouldn't mind Rice either. Curious to see what the NFL will do.
Old 09-13-2008   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Good point, I didn't even think about Rice Stadium's playing surface.

Edit: I checked and they have Field Turf

LINK
LOL, yeah I checked the same thing - but it's all good. NFL uses that stuff too.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-13-2008   #14
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

The difficulty of rescheduling the game on the fly in another stadium is the logistics of staffing the building and making it suitable to play an NFL game. There is no good solution for the Texans. We're f88kked no matter what. Either the team has to take an early bye or we lose a home game.

I can't imagine the NFL relocating the game on short notice. This sucks.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Paint some lines on the surface of Minute Maid Park.

Story says it survived and is in PLAYABLE condition: Minute Maid Park OK
Old 09-13-2008   #16
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
LOL, yeah I checked the same thing - but it's all good. NFL uses that stuff too.

I forgot, I attended a game in 2000(Rice and Houston) and the bathrooms and concessions are horrible. Unless they did some work on the stadium, I don't know what they are going to do.

Edit: I also forgot with the new HD replay equipment, Rice stadium wouldn't be an option. The game has been moved to Week 10 anyway.

Last edited by Brando; 09-13-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-13-2008   #17
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

ESPN could keep their set up, and stay an extra night. Jerry Jones encourages all TEXANS (meaning people who are from TEXAS) to rally and show up to support "the other Texas" team.

Jerry would score huge points for this, in a sign of Texas solidarity. Houstonians could still drive to the game, and it wouldn't be as neutral of a site as, say, Atlanta would be.

Why am I not the commissioner of the NFL?
Rather play in the Alamo Dome, Texas Stadium is a dump!
Old 09-13-2008   #18
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
Rather play in the Alamo Dome, Texas Stadium is a dump!
Am much better idea, than Dallas, Baltimore or Atlanta. SA is a city without its wown team that can support an NFL game on short notice.
[quote=GP;998561]Tuesday night in Texas Stadium.

Why am I not the commissioner of the NFL?[/QUOTE]

Because this is the second stupidest idea I have heard on the subject. A. the animostity between the two teams and cities. B. Jerry tried to torpedo the texans existance and for 4 years prohibited the Texans from marketing outside of Houston. C. Tuesday gives them no time to recover and plan for tennesee.
What is the first stupid idea of relocation? ( play in another state ATL or NO)
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

[quote=spurstexanstros;998714]Am much better idea, than Dallas, Baltimore or Atlanta. SA is a city without its wown team that can support an NFL game on short notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Why am I not the commissioner of the NFL?[/QUOTE]

Because this is the second stupidest idea I have heard on the subject. A. the animostity between the two teams and cities. B. Jerry tried to torpedo the texans existance and for 4 years prohibited the Texans from marketing outside of Houston. C. Tuesday gives them no time to recover and plan for tennesee.
What is the first stupid idea of relocation? ( play in another state ATL or NO)
Uh, as bad as the Texans are right now...I don't think Jerry is afraid of losing much of the market to the Mighty Houston Texans right now.

You just hate the Cowboys so much that you think this is like Russia vs. USA or something. At the end of the day, I think Jerry might say "Yes" if it made him look good in the public's eye.

LOL. We'll never know how things went down on this issue.

I do know this: Bob refused to play anywhere but Houston. Seems like plenty of places were reaching out, but Bob refused the handout. Correct?
Old 09-13-2008   #20
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry doesn't allow the Texans to be shown on TV much less come to his city. LOL
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read