Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-13-2008   #1
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP
Default Are all ok?

Just a follow up on the Hurricane ........ is everyone ok? Thoughts and prayers are with you all as I watch the devastation on tv. This reallyu puts things in perspective. Hoping all of you and your families are doing ok. I know many or all are without power, but needed to say this anyway.

brickman
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are all ok?

I'll second brickman. Hope everyone in the Houston area is ok this morning.
Old 09-13-2008   #3
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Please everyone be safe if your heading in soon. I know there seems to be damage in most of the areas. SO Be careful.
Old 09-13-2008   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I just moved to Iowa a couple weeks ago for school. My family is still in the Houston area thankfully everyone i've heard from are okay with only minor damage.

Hope everyone is okay.
Old 09-13-2008   #5
steds
Veteran

Rep Power: 329 steds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respected

Best of luck to all of you.
steds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #6
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

people are slowly checking in down in the hurricane ike thread. on tv right now a texan republican congresman boasting how much better Houston did than new orleans
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #7
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman View Post
Just a follow up on the Hurricane ........ is everyone ok? Thoughts and prayers are with you all as I watch the devastation on tv. This reallyu puts things in perspective. Hoping all of you and your families are doing ok. I know many or all are without power, but needed to say this anyway.

brickman
My thoughts as well
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2008   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm okay. We are one of the few people with power.

It looks like a bomb went off in my neighborhood. Downed trees and signs everywhere. I have a bunch of trees down in my yard, but fortunately they missed the house.

I've been through a bunch of hurricanes, but that by far was the scariest night of my life. It sounded like the ocean and a train at the same time and I kept thinking that the next wind gust was going to bust the windows in.

Drove to get back to my house (I stayed up the street at some place safer)--all the street lights out, lots of trees in people's houses. I've never seen anything quite like it.

The hurricane lasted WAAAAY too long--I thought it wouldn't stop. I am going to go into a coma tonight.

God bless and prayers for everyone affected by the hurricane and the responders trying to help.

Old 09-13-2008   #9
titanbuoy
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 titanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVP

Hey, just wanted to come in and wish you guys all the best. I hope everyone is okay. Next week when things start returning to something resembling normal, please drop by our forum and make fun of VY. A little rivalry talk will probably be a welcome distraction from the events of the past 24 hours.

Take care all and know that our thoughts are with you.
titanbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #10
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I work for CenterPoint. We are doing our best. 2.1 million out of 2.26 customers without power. Myself and my infant included. To those who see us out there, cut us some slack and stop asking when the power will be back up. We are working as fast as possible. The answer is weeks. some area may be less, we are estimating some to possibly be 4+.

If it comes up sooner, consider yourself lucky. We will be working from 5am to 10pm everyday until power is restored in the entire Greater Houston area.

Take care everyone, I will try and keep in touch whenever i get the chance. But without power at home, its rather difficult.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #11
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3247 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am one of the lucky ones and have power but it is only a two block area that still has it around here .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #12
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

what's funny, anyone who needed to read my post has no power... looks like another bad day today with all of the heavy rain I'm seeing right now.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm up here in Kansas and I really do wish yall the best. My family stayed through and they don't have power though they do have a working land-line phone. My family on the island made it off ok, and we got my grandma out of Port Arthur in time as well. Our house in Houston is just fine structurally with no flooding. Port Arthur and Galveston are stilled closed off, so we don't know about the other family members' houses.
Old 09-14-2008   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

As a side note, my mom said power could be 2-3 weeks getting back on, so she is actually looking forward to going into work tomorrow at ExxonMobil because they have generators and have AC.
Old 09-14-2008   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I just drove the car around the block and it isn't too terrible here just north of the 290/610. Branches and brush are all over the place, but I haven't seen any houses completely wiped out yet. Anybody hear from SheTex and how Pasadena's looking?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008   #16
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd night without power...staying in Katy with my folks who do have power. Damage to my home was a minimum. Light roof damange and a couplee of fenced broken. Hopefully all will be back to normoal soon.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

No damage, no electricity yet.

Life is good.
Old 09-15-2008   #18
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have electricity in Baytown. My house had very light damage, fence knocked down, couple of shingles missing. No running water though.

You know how much it sucks coming home from a long day of helping neighbors saw apart huge uprooted oak trees and picking up debris and NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE A SHOWER!

I at least thank god for power and a/c.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

And now I have electricity.
Old 09-15-2008   #20
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Power just came back this morning. Thanks to Scourge and the other power workers out there. I've got a neighbor's tree resting on the side of my house and some fence damage. Other than that it's just tree limbs everywhere. I've been cleaning since Saturday morning. Saturday and Sunday were hard without football, except for radio.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read