Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-12-2008   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WOW - NFL allows BOTH MNF games in Houston - Austin? SCREW YOU

Talk about favoritism.

The NFL has relaxed it's exclusivity policies to allow Houston to show BOTH the Dallas and Houston MNF games... which benefits nobody but the Cowboys organization and Cowboy fans in Houston.

However - Texans fans in Austin? SCREW YOU - we're not going to extend you the same courtesy.

I'm pretty level-headed about this kind of thing, and I'm NEVER one to scream conspiracy or any of that crap - but this is CLEAR favoritism from the NFL toward Jerry Jones and the Cowboys, while the Texans and their fans scattered around Texas get a big middle finger in the face.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #2
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WOW - NFL allows BOTH MNF games in Houston - Austin? SCREW YOU

Now thats complete bs. They will relax and let the cowboys play in hou...but they wont relax and let the Texans play in Austin and San Antonio....where most evacuees are see the game?

NFL and ESPN have seriously made me look at them in a whole new way.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Talk about favoritism.

The NFL has relaxed it's exclusivity policies to allow Houston to show BOTH the Dallas and Houston MNF games... which benefits nobody but the Cowboys organization and Cowboy fans in Houston.

However - Texans fans in Austin? SCREW YOU - we're not going to extend you the same courtesy.

I'm pretty level-headed about this kind of thing, and I'm NEVER one to scream conspiracy or any of that crap - but this is CLEAR favoritism from the NFL toward Jerry Jones and the Cowboys, while the Texans and their fans scattered around Texas get a big middle finger in the face.
Where did you get that info?

Link. I'll try to get a post up.
Old 09-12-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I was listening on the stream at 610AM in Houston... no link.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-12-2008   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

BTW I'm trying to collect all the issues and exclusivity issues in one place... I'll be updating as the day goes on.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-12-2008   #6
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Will Sunday Ticket show the Houston MNF game? I guess I'll have to head over to Bikini's to watch the game. Maybe Gordo's...I think they have Sunday Ticket now too....

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #7
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if anyone in the NFL front office is taking into account the number of folks from the Houston area that has evacuated to Austin. I personally know of about 30 people that went to Austin (and I don't know that many people).

Would they not want to give those folks an opportunity to watch their team and have a little piece of home. They did it for the Saints.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2008   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
Will Sunday Ticket show the Houston MNF game? I guess I'll have to head over to Bikini's to watch the game. Maybe Gordo's...I think they have Sunday Ticket now too....
Check the link in my above post. I've got some info on it at my site.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-12-2008   #9
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
Now thats complete bs. They will relax and let the cowboys play in hou...but they wont relax and let the Texans play in Austin and San Antonio....where most evacuees are see the game?

NFL and ESPN have seriously made me look at them in a whole new way.
Why care about the largets markets out side of Houston, well because jery wont allow it.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: WOW - NFL allows BOTH MNF games in Houston - Austin? SCREW YOU

I am confused, won't the game be on ESPN2 every where?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I am confused, won't the game be on ESPN2 every where?
No sah. Read the other threads here and in the Texans Talk forum.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-12-2008   #12
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN pays big $$$ for the rights to Mon night football.

The whole world wants to see Dal V PHI. If you are a Disney shareholder you want DAL on, too.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #13
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I got an email that Direct Tv will show the game on channel 717 or 717-1 , so if you have the ticket not to worry.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read