Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2008   #1
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP
Default To all in texas

I am a Texans fan in upstate New York (far away from hurricane problems).
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers regarding the impending strike of Hurricane Ike. Good luck, guys and gals. May you all be safe.

brickman
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To all in texas

Thank You.

We are braced and ready.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman View Post
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers regarding the impending strike of Hurricane Ike. Good luck, guys and gals. May you all be safe.

brickman
Appreciate the well wishes....we'll pull through this !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

brickman
Thanks!
Houston is pretty much shutting down for the weekend. Everyone I know has gassed up, stocked up, boarded up, and has moved to what they consider safety. We're getting ready.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

brickman

Thanks brickman...prayers are always welcome here...

Everything moveable is tied down. I'm over 100 mi from the coast, hopefully some of the sting will be gone time it gets here.

Got my generator ready...

Old 09-12-2008   #6
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Want to second Brickman's thoughts. Be safe.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Brickman and jgl for your well wishes. We take it to heart. I would like to share with y'all what it means to be a Texan; we'll take this on the chin, pull ourselves up by the boot straps and move on!!!

Thanks again, guys.
Old 09-12-2008   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks so much guys!! Sometimes I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when it's all over! lol BUT, got family and animals to take care of, and as far as I can tell, I'm all ready. This is one of those time's in life when I wish I had a MAN around! lol Let him do all the worrying!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Thanks so much guys!! Sometimes I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when it's all over! lol BUT, got family and animals to take care of, and as far as I can tell, I'm all ready. This is one of those time's in life when I wish I had a MAN around! lol Let him do all the worrying!!
its gonna be ok, it will be over soon & we all can get back to normal

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Between you and Jen and I may have to bid my services out. LOL

Stay safe everyone!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Daddy is here for ya momma!! J/K you can always come further west. We wont be much better off, but a little better than Pasa-get down- dena!!
Old 09-12-2008   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

PS... I told Marcie to tell you that if you need anything, anything at PLEASE call... Love ya and be safe!!
Old 09-12-2008   #13
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 137304 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck everyone.

My sister is riding it out in Galveston.

I hope everything turns out ok.
Old 09-12-2008   #14
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great thread, brickman. Living in extreme south Texas, we just went through Dolly a month and a half ago. It can be a scary thing. But just stay calm and the storm will pass...H-town area is in our prayers...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #15
Webbster
Rookie

Y'all be safe!!!
Webbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #16
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

TT.com forum hugs all around. Everyone stay safe!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

We just finished up doing all the prep work we can think of. I even vacuumed my house (probably guaranteeing that my roof will blow off), since I am not sure how long we will be without electricity.

So I fixed a stiff Bloody Mary and am planning on taking a nap after I finish it. I have a feeling it is going to be a long night.

Everybody stay safe and dry!!!
Old 09-12-2008   #18
jb66er
Rookie

Hunker down Houstonians!
Get the hell outta Galveston!

Here's a good hurricane tracker...
http://www.click2houston.com/hurricane-ike/index.html

Sig by Lork88
jb66er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #19
TITAN1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of Famer

I hope all of you stay safe and don't lose anything. Thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
TITAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Good luck everyone.

My sister is riding it out in Galveston.

I hope everything turns out ok.

Riding on what.......a submarine?????? Galveston Island in its entirety is expected to be part of the Gulf of Mexico if the course stays. Tell her to get the H out of there.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read