Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2008   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans-Ravens Monday Night OFFICIAL

Whoa.

Just heard it on the radio - apparently, it's official.

730 PM Monday night.

Um, I'm guessing this means the Texans won't be on TV in Austin. SIGH. GOD I hate the Cowboys.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 610 AM - Texans Ravens play MONDAY night

What time?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero the zero View Post
what time?
7:30
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

So, that means that will not be on Natl TV? Why cant they move the Cowboys game so that we get some natl coverage?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Whoa.

Just heard it on the radio - apparently, it's official.

730 PM Monday night.

Um, I'm guessing this means the Texans won't be on TV in Austin. SIGH. GOD I hate the Cowboys.
I just posted the same on the other thread.
Old 09-11-2008   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Official word from the NFL. Monday Night, maybe not.

Goodell said the NFL is prepared to allow the game to be potentially played as late as Monday. A plan is also in place to postpone the game and make scheduling changes to play it later in the season.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/11/nfl-...hurricane-ike/

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It could rain pretty badly on Monday too right? I don't know. What station will the game be on?
Old 09-11-2008   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Nooo, I finally got a cable hooked up in my room!
Old 09-11-2008   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

Goodell said the NFL is prepared to allow the game to be potentially played as late as Monday. A plan is also in place to postpone the game and make scheduling changes to play it later in the season.
I suspect they wanna see what happens once Ike hits landfall.

We'll see on Saturday if this holds.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #10
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I just posted the same on the other thread.
We won't get the game down here either if that is the case...

(Unless CBS retains the rights to the game)

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/11/game...ved-to-monday/

WooHoo CBS will show the game!

Quote:
Monday night’s re-scheduled game will be televised on local CBS stations in the primary and secondary markets of the Texans and Ravens. The Cowboys will be hosting the Eagles in Monday night’s regularly scheduled game at 8:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.

Last edited by Señor Stan; 09-11-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Updated Update to my update
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #11
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans-ravens game date not official

Confirmed by the Chron.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5995675.html
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

It was official when I posted it, but okay.

Man, I'm so pissed that this won't be on TV in Austin. Talk about ruining my weekend... better weekend than people who are going to get crushed by the storm, though.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-11-2008   #13
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

I guess this means altering the Texans, Ravens, or both bye-weeks to play at a later date?
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #14
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
It was official when I posted it, but okay.

Man, I'm so pissed that this won't be on TV in Austin. Talk about ruining my weekend... better weekend than people who are going to get crushed by the storm, though.

Take a look at my edited post a couple places up....

CBS will show the game in primary and secondary markets!
Old 09-11-2008   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
So, that means that will not be on Natl TV? Why cant they move the Cowboys game so that we get some natl coverage?
Why would they? How many people would want to see a match up of a team that gotten blow the heck out last week vs a team that went 4-12 and lost to to the lowly lolphins last year? Wouldn't they put us as the late game, with Cowboys being primetime?

I wouldn't mind having the game slotted like the one the past monday, and I rather us have the latter of the time. That way we'll all be home and comfy by the time the game start, granted we'll have to stay up later then usual(for the game and post-game ranting/blissing).

On the game: No offense Ravens fans, but I hope we come out and dominate the hell out of you guys. I want everyone to see us and fear us when they look at their schedule and see us on "week X". I want respect damnit. Sorry Baltimore, but you're going the sacrificial lamb of the week.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #16
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
We won't get the game down here either if that is the case...

(Unless CBS retains the rights to the game)

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/11/game...ved-to-monday/

WooHoo CBS will show the game!

Please try to keep up folks.
Old 09-11-2008   #17
Chainsaw
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Chainsaw is on the Pro-Bowl ballotChainsaw is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

From Chron:

The game will be televised on local CBS stations in the primary and secondary team markets: Houston, Beaumont-Port Arthur and Bryan.

Last edited by Chainsaw; 09-11-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans-Ravens Monday Night OFFICIAL

Oh well looks like I wont get to see the game. I can't get to the Sports bar on Monday evening and they won't show it in Denver. Hopefully there will be a link to on the site.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #19
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:

Yeah, the secondary markets that want to carry the game. Remember, we're talking about friggin KEYE here. I'm sure they think whatever their normal Monday night programming will rate better than a Texans game going against a Dallas game.

When I'm watching the game Monday night, I'll believe it.

/depressed

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-11-2008   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans-Ravens Monday Night OFFICIAL

Grrr, there goes a keg, a new generator, and beer can chicken. Tailgate ruined, check

Lindsay said - why do hurricanes come on weekends?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read