Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2008   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Walker back on the roster

No link, per 790.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Walker back on the roster

i'm thinking by the end of the year our two guys will be Slaton and Walker...only because that is all we have.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #3
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like we signed Arliss Beach to the practice squad - I couldn't find much info on him though.
Old 09-11-2008   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any word who has been let go?

Was it McClover to the IR?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Looks like we signed Arliss Beach to the practice squad - I couldn't find much info on him though.
He was signed towards of the end of the season to the PS I believe. Don't think he's ever been activated and offers next to nothing (other than a cool name).

link from the Texans website: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4629

It was McClover who was put on IR.
Old 09-11-2008   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Beach (5-10, 219) was signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent from the University of Kentucky on May 5, 2006. He spent the 2006 season on injured reserve. He was released by the Packers this spring and signed with the Dallas Cowboys on Aug. 23, 2007. He was released by Dallas on Sept. 1. Beach was signed to the Texans' practice squad on Dec. 26. While at Kentucky, Beach finished his career with 951 yards on 226 carries and 14 touchdowns.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4118

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #7
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
i'm thinking by the end of the year our two guys will be Slaton and Walker...only because that is all we have.
I think that's how it is now. Taylor was not used at all last week, and they differ by going with the rookie the rest of the game after Ahman got hurt. How come the supposedly 2nd RB on the team couldn't even get playing time after the #1 got knocked out? Here's the answer, the coaches don't think much of him at all.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2008   #8
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak has emotional energy attached into his special project, Chris Taylor.

Maybe he wants him to be a player that he just can't be.

I'm ok Walker playing, he seems to get positive yardage consistently if not spectacularly.
Old 09-11-2008   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
He was signed towards of the end of the season to the PS I believe. Don't think he's ever been activated and offers next to nothing (other than a cool name).

link from the Texans website: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4629

It was McClover who was put on IR.
So basically, no one else wanted him but us??
Old 09-11-2008   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So basically, no one else wanted him but us??
Yes, because he's "good enough" for US! (refer to Parcells)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The official theme song for Gary Kubiak's running back search:

(Whitesnake song)

I don't know where I'm goin
but I sure know where I've been
hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time
but here I go again, here I go again.

Tho' I keep searching for an answer
I never seem to find what I'm looking for.
Oh Lord, I pray you give me strength to carry on
'cos I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams.

Here I go again on my own
goin' down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time.

Just another heart in need of rescue
waiting on love's sweet charity
an' I'm gonna hold on for the rest of my days
'cos I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams.

Old 09-11-2008   #12
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

nice!
Old 09-12-2008   #13
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I was saying before the season started, they should have gone with Walker , Slaton, Taylor,and or Brown or Green, but not both. Just do wha denver does and get 50 yds per bck for 120-150 yds and roll. There are not any big time backs on the roster, I actually like walker and can't underrstand why he wasn't on the roster and starting anyway. Slayton is a rookie, green is injured and we don't know what he is. Starting a rookie against the raves d is asking for trouble.
Old 09-12-2008   #14
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

If Brown and Green were fit they would definitely have been our best backs right now. I think you have to at least try to get them onto the field and keep them on your roster. Sure they both have had injury problems in the past but that is why you keep your depth and have backups.

The only reason why Denver has had success with numerous backs is that they have had an exceptional line for some time. The reason we couldnít plug in a back and play is that we donít have that quality and consistency of line play.

When Gibbs system starts to bed in properly and with the quality of talent that we have improving (Brown, Pitts, Winston) we are on that path, but not there yet.
Old 09-12-2008   #15
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Walker back on the roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I think Kubiak has emotional energy attached into his special project, Chris Taylor.

Maybe he wants him to be a player that he just can't be.

I'm ok Walker playing, he seems to get positive yardage consistently if not spectacularly.
Agreed. I like Walker, too. He does get his yards.
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read